Exclusive: Disney Channel Eyes Boy Meets World Sequel Series, Ben Savage In Early Talks

Get More: Exclusive, News, Pilots

Boy Meets World SequelThe world has met Cory Matthews — is it time now to meet his daughter?

The Disney Channel is in the early stages of developing a Boy Meets World sequel series called Girl Meets World, TVLine has learned exclusively.

UPDATE | ‘Girl Meets World’ — Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel Officially Sign On

Sources say that the cable network is trying to land original series stars Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel to revisit their roles of sweethearts Cory and Topanga, who married before their ABC sitcom ended its seven-season run. The new series would center on their preteen daughter.

Since wrapping Boy, Savage’s TV guest-star gigs have included BonesChuck and Without a Trace. Fishel’s post-Boy work includes National Lampoon Presents Dorm Daze and hosting Style Network’s The Dish

Comments (245)

• What they need to do to make this successful is recreate the tone of the original show. Sure BMW was off the wall goofy at times but it was made into a hit because of how hard hitting some of the episodes were. This show had some great drama and because of that it was taken seriously. Frankly, I don’t think that Disney has it in them anymore. The lessons of today’s Disney shows are the simple and sometimes even childish lessons that most BMW fans learned from cartoons like Arthur and Recess…Maybe if Disney takes themselves seriously again, they can make a seriously good show.

Comment by Minkus – November 5, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!!!!!!!!! This would be sooo awesome~!!!! I would watch for sure! :)

Comment by Mandy – November 5, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes heard about this via Deadline. I think it would fit better on ABC if they are trying to revive their TGIF lineup or maybe ABC FAmily

Comment by Ezzy Klein – November 5, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS BETTER HAPPEN!!!!! :)

Comment by Amy Rose Hetherman – November 5, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only works if you can get Rider Strong and William Daniels to appear at least on a recurring basis

Comment by Luis – November 5, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Like To Know When Girl Meets World Comes On And What Year And What Beverly Glen Lawrence Matthews Real Name Is

Comment by Clinton Lewis – November 5, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 100% excited!

Comment by Rachael – November 6, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rider Strong said in an interview a long time ago if there were ever a spin-off series they would have to kill off Shawn because he wouldn’t reprise the role…I hope he would change his mind, he was the best character aside from Feeny!

Comment by Aria – November 6, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GIVE ME FEENEY!

Comment by Tres – November 7, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they kill off shawn I won’t be able to deal! Otherwise with original cast and good writing I would tune in faithfully!

Comment by Catherine Cocola – November 8, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a great thing …i grew up watching this show with my mom and bro …classic ..I hope they don’t butcher this tho……I would hats Disney to turn it into some same old crap show like the others they have now …:)

Comment by heather – November 10, 2012 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love this!! as long as they have the trio i am good!

Comment by kailey – November 11, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They need every one to come back including Morgan and Cory’s little brother

Comment by Mike – November 12, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fe-he-he-heeeenay! BMW is one of my favorite shows of all time. Please, Disney, don’t half ass this.
    And bring back Eric.

Comment by Courtney – November 15, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow, i’m actually a lil excited about this. boy meet world was one of my favorite show growing up!!

Comment by LaTia SheNae – November 27, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved BMW and I hope that they do the new show GMW I think it is a great idea. I will watch it.

Comment by lori – November 28, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I get an email when girl meets world starts to come on tv
    I watched and have all seasons of boy meets world and can not wait till girl meets world let me know when it starts to come on

Comment by Chris bodenbender – February 10, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • comon let this sickhos Otis Livingston and Cindy Shugo for robin the companies in new york they smoking crack and like death

Comment by greed – March 18, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great weblog right here! Also your web site quite a bit up fast!
    What host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your associate link
    for your host? I wish my website loaded up as fast as yours lol

Comment by company of Heroes 2 key generator key – July 24, 2013 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post