Exclusive

Exclusive Bones First Look: Watch Booth and Brennan Cut a Sweets-heart Deal

Bones returns from its month-long hiatus Monday (8/7c, Fox) with an episode that poses the question: What happens when Booth and Brennan open up their home to a colleague who also happens to be their relationship counselor?

RELATED | 10 New Bones Spoilers, Including Season Finale Intel!

We’re referring, of course, to the show’s suddenly single shrink Sweets, whose break-up with Daisy left him essentially homeless. Enter Booth, who invites him to crash at Casa de B&B.

The catch? He never vetted the new houseguest with his significant other!

Press PLAY below to watch Booth awkwardly break the news to Brennan.

1. Alyssa says:

WOW you guys are a buncha whinners….

2. Amanda Layfield says:

I love Bones! It’s my favorite show! My son Jeremy was an FBI. because of Agent Booth! Too cool!
    I think Sweets could make Brennen and Booths relationship stronger by being in the house.

• Lois says:

Really? Sweets has always had a little thing for Brennan……I smell a triangle……or maybe if DB doesn’t renew his contract……..imagine the possibilities

3. Boothgirl says:

I think characters like Sweets make the show more interesting and complex by letting them shine a different light on our main characters. Sweets does this and add quite a bit to the show. I really love him. Sweets haters need to get a life!

4. yourheartsighs says:

Sweets does annoy me and I do hate how he has taken position in their inetorogations, and not to thrilled about this plot but it’s for what one episode he’ll be with them? Calm down foliks, it’s not like he actually moves in with them to live forever, etc. It’s like one episode. However I do hope we get some more Brennan centered plots too.

5. AmyL0802 says:

I’ve been obsessed with Bones since Day 1 and I happen to love Sweets.

6. Margarita Hilo says:

Hey people I love Bones too but B&B have been through it all and finally a baby and a house…what do you expect them to write about. And besides this is probably the last season since the baby. Don’t you know once there is a baby in the picture the show gets cancelled??? Do your homework on that one!

7. Amelie says:

what’s up with all this Sweets hate? i kinda like the guy ya know, and yes, i do agree that other character deserve a place in the spotlight, but remember that HH said that that’s exactly what is going to happen this season. and; come on, Sweets, living with B&B, that should just be hilarious!

8. Jenn says:

What is up with all the haters on Sweets? He is loved in this household! Will be interesting to see where this goes!

9. Kacy says:

I love Sweets. I don’t understand all the hate. He’s funny. Daisy on other hand was annoying.

10. Hart Hanson says:

No one speaks out aginst me. how dare people not like yhe overexposure of Sweets!! I’m gonna block all of you. Oh wait, this isn’t twitter…..

11. Ivory says:

Wow people, don’t go hating on Sweets. He’s a good character. I have gone through these comments and some are really mean. Don’t go hating on Hart Hanson either. He is just tryingto make the show work. Maybe in the future, we’ll see more about Hodge and Angela and Cam. You never know what Hart is gonna write, so don’t be all stupid about it. And don’t go hating on JFD. He is just being his character, and doing an amazing job at it.

12. Hannah says:

Why are people blaming John Francis Daley for a character he just portrays?
    He doesn’t write his own script.
    Idiots.
    Also, you all make the fan base look bad.
    For Chris’s sake calm the hell down.
    Sweets is a MADE. UP. CHARACTER.
    If you’re really going to be stupid enough to legitimately hate a fictional character, you should just stop watching.
    You’re not real fan of Bones.

13. Sporty says:

I don’t know what you all are talking about… I love every character on Bones. Even Sweets.. They all make up who Bones is today… Take one away and it’s not the same, yeah I know there’s been change in the past but they have a great cast now and I hope it stays that way at least for a while anyway!!!

14. random person says:

Jeez, what’s with everyone hating on Sweets? Is it because he’s getting more screen time or something? That’s a dumb reason. I love the guy, he’s awesome! :)

15. Heather says:

Oh good Lord, guys, shut up. All of you that complain about how Sweets is ruining the show, and to just get rid of him already, seriously need to shuuuut uppp!
    Clearly, Sweets is not ruining the show. Considering almost the entire fan-base thinks otherwise. It’s not Sweets who’s ruining the show, it’s you! Dx

• Rachel says:

How do you know how “almost the entire fan base” thinks? You don’t speak for 7 million people. No one does. You have a right to state your opinion and so does everyone else. Even the ones who don’t agree with you.

16. jordan says:

Ummm really to people who just said that sweets should die and the show is getting boring u all r crazy

17. synthbabie says:

incredibly discouraged by the comments i see left on here. You say you are a fan but with all these rotten words and cutting down a key character makes me wonder if it is really about the stories or if you are all just looking for a soap opera? You don’t just kill people off that annoy you. This is what makes the show feel more real… and what did sweets ever do to deserve this? he has grown into an important character as shown by his now exceptional shooting skills while before he accidentally shot himself. If you all are to daft to acknowledge that this is foreshadowing for something bigger later in the season, than you shouldn’t be watching. Also look at all that he has lived through on show, and what has been revealed about his past. He has a place with all the rest of the misfit squints, and i think he fits in just fine!

18. Deidra says:

I love the show and so glad that bones is at home with booth. To all the other comments bout sweets leave the guy alone they need a therapist. I’m just glad that daisy is done she was very annoying. To the writers keep up the good work but I hate it with a passion when u guys take a month off. This is one of my I can’t miss shows

19. Jess says:

Probably in the minority here, but I’m actually really looking forward to the new ep. Sweets/Booth/Brennan banter should be hilarious to watch. For all the people whinging about Hart Hanson, and Bones’ downward spiral stop watching the freaking show!! And for the love of god, will everyone pleeeease stop comparing Bones to Castle. Both shows are great in their own way. Deal with it. #RantOver

20. Nic says:

Oh wow. I did not know Sweets has so many haters. WHY? He has not been that active in the last episodes. I’m sure he was originally intended to provide another view of the Booth and Bones as a couple and the writers seem to be a little aimless of where to go with him right now.
    I love his character but I think they need to find an appropriate place for him.
    Still I don’t get why anyone would hate him this much. I don’t think he is super present at all…not any more than the Angela-Hodgins storyline for example (and I do love them, too.)

The only thing I never got was why they let him know that Zack didn’t kill the guy. This is something that would be very hard for him to live with now that he is getting closer to the team. It doesn’t make sense that he was just like “Oh okay, I won’t tell anyone”

21. Dani says:

I don’t hate sweets but I wish the show would stop being so goofy. The show started failing when Brennan said no to booth in season 5 then they went their separate ways and then hannah in season 6. The baby just made the cracks more obvious.

22. Nina says:

It’s kind of obvious that Booth is hesitant about letting Sweets stay there…

23. Kelse says:

I am actually starting to get sick of sweets, before I didn’t mind him before but in the last 3 episodes I’m really starting to hate his character. It all started with 1: he cheats on his girlfriend (even through I don’t really like daisy, nobody deserves to be cheated on), 2: he suddenly gets cold feet about moving in with daisy and abruptly breaks up with her (the entire this was stupid in my opinion) and 3: he is encouraged to celebrate being free from daisy and is told that he’ll find someone else (ok this is the biggest thing that confused me, they make it almost sound like he’s the victim and that he was the one who had his heart stomped on. It really made no sense what so ever)
    All the decisions he made really turned me off from his character.

24. It is in point of fact a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m happy that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.%7

25. papaka says:

Howdy I am so thrilled I found your webpage, I really found you by mistake, while I was browsing on Digg for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a remarkable post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I dont have time to read through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the awesome b.%7

26. Anonymous says:

It’s amazing to pay a quick visit this web page and reading the views of all friends regarding this piece of writing, while I am also eager of getting know-how.|