Exclusive

Exclusive Bones First Look: Watch Booth and Brennan Cut a Sweets-heart Deal

Bones returns from its month-long hiatus Monday (8/7c, Fox) with an episode that poses the question: What happens when Booth and Brennan open up their home to a colleague who also happens to be their relationship counselor?

RELATED | 10 New Bones Spoilers, Including Season Finale Intel!

We’re referring, of course, to the show’s suddenly single shrink Sweets, whose break-up with Daisy left him essentially homeless. Enter Booth, who invites him to crash at Casa de B&B.

The catch? He never vetted the new houseguest with his significant other!

Press PLAY below to watch Booth awkwardly break the news to Brennan.

• debbie romano says:

We are really glad bones is back we love all the actors in bones having sweets in it is great it give it more story lines 4 the writer . Leave him alone he is great

• kem says:

It is time that Sweets got voted off the Island. (into shark infested waters, bwhahaha!!!!! )

• rose says:

Sweets is the most useless character on Bones. Booth is the FBI Agent. He can investigate the crime, question suspects like he did for Season 1&2 without Sweets. If he needs a profiler he can call for one. It is just an EPIC FAIL how over used Sweets is. Hart has no idea what to do with Sweets, so he gives him scenes that BOOTH has done for years, completly underminding Booths/DB role in the show. And now he has Sweets living with B&B for more than one ep, just another way to shoehorn this character into more scenes that he has no business being in. So no I am not a fan of Sweets or what Hart has done shoving this character down our throats.

• Diane says:

Couldn’t agree with you more. More DB Less JFD

• katie says:

Agree Rose. Sweets is taking over Booth’s scenes, scenes that David has done for years. Watching David/Booth getting marginalized, his screentime getting reduced for JFD/Sweets makes me so annoyed and pissed off at Hart Hanson. It is not the show that I signed up for. EPIC FAIL

• jannie says:

@katie @rosie ITA And if David decides not to renew his contract and move on? I wouldn not blame him. He is been given nothing to do to highlight Booth, (bar a Dance ep) except be second fiddle to Brennan and now Sweets subplots and eps. What an utter waste of a talented actor.

• emily says:

I am beginning to believe that Hart Hanson and Stephen Nathan have ran out of stories for Booth. I read their latest conference call spoilers, Booth’s character development barely got a nod, yet they sure do have a lot of ideas for Brennan, Angela and Sweets. Wow. Sad days for Booth fans. May be David should move on like others said, he deserves better as an actor.

• Annie says:

Emily’s filming has been reduced since having the baby, and I have a feeling DB requested to have his filming reduced as well to have more family time., so they’re using Sweets to fill in the gaps. DB is a producer on the show. JFD is not. If DB had an issue with his filming time, I can’t imagine he wouldn’t speak up about it. That said, I actually used to love Sweets, but it’s getting to be too much even for me. He used to be a unique character but has morphed into nothing but a Booth substitute now. I don’t want a Booth substitute. I want the real Booth, but I’m thinking those days are gone. Sad really, because this show is turning into a caricature of itself.

• Anne says:

In the first episode of season 8 Sweets said he was an F.B.I AGENT, AGENT like WTF since when. you are right he underminds Booth and i hate it 1st it was been able to tell when people are lying that was a Booth skill then interrogating again Booth skill and NOW they have got him a GUN why not just be done with it and kill off Booth :(

• Sage says:

Well, I think Sweets is great. He may not be the most important character in Bones, but I guarentee you it is a HORRIBLE move on your part if you stop watching bones just because of sweets, I mean come on, a little too critical. If you never liked sweets, then why have you been watching the past like 6 years of bones eh? SWEETS: Don’t listen to these people. The show wouldnt be the same without you, see they need someone to apprentice with booth. someone smart. they never woulda caught the baddy in season 6 OR seven without you. GO SWEETS!!!!

1. Viv says:

Double ugh. Just kill off Sweets. I hate him.

2. Jerri says:

Yeah, I’m pretty close to dropping Bones from my viewing schedule.

3. Jake says:

What drugs is Hart Hanson on? WTH is his obession with Sweets.THER ARE OTHER CHARACTERS ON BONES….Idiot.

• newShoes says:

WORD Cam, Hodgins and Angela need a storyline. They are being treated badly by Hart due to his obsession with shoving Sweets down our throats every episode. Vomit.

4. Lynn says:

GO. AWAY. SWEETS! This show will be lucky to get another season. Hart has basically turned Bones into the “Sweets” show

5. Liz says:

I don’t hate him, but I don’t want him in their house!

• I agree. Also I heard that Sweets might be the apprentice to a serial killer…… Wouldn’t that be just desserts?

• Gerry Collins says:

I also agree. Some how I view anyone else in the “Might Hut” as an intruder. I don’t think was very kind in the manner that he dropped Daisy either.

• wendy1 says:

Sweets was a douchebag to Daisy. It is his fault that he is homeless. He royally screwed up with Daisy he didn’t.get that moving in with her was a big deal, a huge commitment? Oh yeah what a top shihnk he is. Now he is going to be all over Booth and Brennan’s private life too? UGH

• jaime says:

Booth and Brennan home is suppose to be their time, where we get to see them as a sweet couple sharing moments. Well say goodbye to that. Sweets we be there butting in, taking over. Thanks for nothing Hart Hanson. DVR here I come.

• Rachel says:

Oh gee. HH & SN have yet another excuse to get away with not showing any intimacy between B&B. Sweets – the ultimate c***blocker.

6. Mary says:

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Sweets please die. He’s ruining the show.

• jess says:

WORD.Just KILL SWEETS off. Bring back Broadsky to put a bullet in his brain. Buh bye.

• Eleni says:

Stop hating on sweets you should never wish someone to die!Sweets is one of the cutest characters there so just stop being haters!

• Eleni says:

You should Never wish someone to die even its just a character!So just shut your face hole haters!

• jenni says:

Sweets is a fictional character on a fictional tv show and if I want to say I wish he would get killed off I will. Sweets needs to die and leave Bones

• jimmi says:

Doesn’t Hart Hanson know that too much SWEETS make you sick???? Sick and tired of this character being sooo overused on this show.

7. madbengalsfan85 says:

“It takes a village Booth. I learned that living in a village.”

Oh Brennan, don’t ever change

• madbengalsfan85 says:

And I’m okay with Sweets moving in because it’s the sort of the you do for family…and the entire team really is one big, awkward family (Sweets included)

• suzi says:

Thank you. That’s exactly what I thought. I don’t understand the Sweets-hate at all, even Daisy didn’t get this kind of reaction, and she was one of the annoying TV characters I’ve ever seen.

• kaye says:

Oh really? Lets see if you don’t mind Sweets living with them when he is in every sweet B&B moment.When you don’t get to see B&B interact together with each other without him there like a third wheel. . . . when the cute B&B scene we love at the end of ep has Sweets there.

• micha says:

WORD!!!!!!!! I heard that Sweets has more scenes with B & B than Brennan and Booth together. And there is no Booth.& Brennan end scene like we always get. Its just Sweets and Brennan. UGH!!!!! Sweets is already taking over B&B moments and he is going to be living with them for more than one episode. I am not happy at all. UGH!!!!!!!! JUST GO AWAY SWEETS!

• celia says:

Correct. Sweets will be staying with B&B for a while. More than one episode according to Hart Hanson and Stephen Nathan. Cos they think it is so funny to ruin the dynamics of B&B at their home. Lets see if they find it so funny when Bones ratings tank even more.

• val says:

WHAT!!!!! There is no Booth and Brennan end scene??? WTF!!!! So not only has Sweets taken over Booth’s scenes at the FBI, he is taking away Booth’s scenes at the Mighty Hut too?!?! Who writes this crap…

• mary kells says:

i knew that that rat Sweets would destroy the dynamics of Booth and Brennan at home. And he will be living with them for a while too. Thanks for nothing ptb of Bones. Hart and Stephen you guys suck!!

8. Boothgirl says:

All I can say is more shirtless Sweets!

9. Kristy says:

So not only is Sweets all over their jobs. Now he is going to be living in their home too? WOW. Hart Hanson you suck. Also you have no clue about your fanbase.

• atlanta says:

Yep, remember the fanbase loved Hannah too or at least HH/SN did. While the online fanbase is not the whole audience, it creates or destroys the buzz of the show.

• Chris says:

Yoke I hated hannah, could not wait for her to leave.

• gale says:

oh yeah!!! hart and stephen are totally out of touch with the bones fanbase. They probably thought that eight people hated Hannah like they do with Sweets There are way more than eight people getting pissed at how much focus Sweets is getting, whilst the others are getting ignored GET A CLUE

10. Sky Lark says:

This is supposed to get us to watch this mess. They took a fairly amusing character and are making him past annoying. What’s the deal? A buffer against intimacy for B & B, no more naked omelettes, nerf ball contests, something seems to be off with our couple if they agree to a houseguest who shrinks them.

11. Mar says:

While I don’t love this idea, thinking that the very small online fanbase represents the 8 million people who watch the show is just not realistic.

12. Tessa says:

Sweets is worse than Hannah for me. He is EVERYWHERE. Taking over Booth’s job and now his homelife too. At least we knew Hannah was leaving. Sweets will never leave until the show gets axed. Which with this nonsense will be sooner than Hart thinks.

13. Jess.B says:

OMG. Just spinoff Sweets already…Get him off Bones….So we can get back to Booth & Brennan, and the squints getting actual episodes that aren’t about Sweets: Days of our Nerd. BORING.

14. Katie says:

Sweets is the worst human being ever. Worst character on TV. I’m suck of Hanson shoving him in our face. Sweets needs to go. JFD is the worst. I can’t stand him. Sweets is worse than any serial killer on bones and worse than Hannah. I hope ratings crash. Sweets ruins this show.

• anne says:

Seriously? You hope the ratings crash? Although I don’t like Sweets, I wouldn’t wish for the show’s demise. He may be in a lot of episodes, but that’s just how it is. If you don’t want what’s happening then DON’T. WATCH. Simple as that! Don’t go on commenting on websites with all your BS and ruin the show for the fans who love the show for what it is.

• lauren says:

I totally agree with you Anne, all I have read in these comments are negative ones, I’m looking forward to watching Bones, even though Sweets is annoying, he’s just playing his part. and doing his job

• Samantha says:

Well said. Everyone go rave and carry on like children somewhere else. You are the minority. The shows direction is based on what fans like, obviously aside from you everyone likes the show how it is-I’m one of them!

• sweets says:

katie you are an idiot! sweets is great!!! leave him alone……

15. me says:

“BONES” will now be called “SWEETS.” Mr. Hart wants to kill “BONES” with their stupid ideas

16. Sara says:

All bones fans should watch castle. The showrunner is a joy and knows what the fans want. He listens. He wouldn’t dare pull this BS with Caskett. Bones is gone down hill. It’s at it’s worst.

17. Tricia says:

I love Sweets.

So there.

18. Yummy says:

I stopped watching Bones about a year ago and I never really liked Sweets; however, now that I’ve seen him shirtless, I just might have to look in again. Who knew?

19. Marie says:

I stopped watching Bones because of stupid crap like this. Plus I am not a baby christine fan either because hh seems to favor her too besides sweet. I hope this is Bones last season because it has gone down hill.

20. Alex says:

The level of some of the comments posted here makes me wonder the age of the posters. I don’ “hate” Sweets; it would be ridiculous to use such a strong term with a fictional character like him. What I’d like to see in Bones is a little more drama. It brings the best from both; characters and actors.

21. murley says:

I love Sweets. And JFD’s portrayal. He is hilarious and brings a unique voice to the group and I love his dynamic with Booth and Bones separately and together. Looking forward to this and the humor it will undoubtedly bring.

22. lilys87 says:

What’s all the hate on Sweets ? I’m all for a little less of him but I have to admit the Christine stuffs are a lot more boring and annoying. Bones should obviously refocuse on Bones (duh), but I don’t think the “moving in” is going to be that big of a deal.

23. Mel says:

Frak off Sweets. He is the worse character on Bones. And he has pubes for chest hair. Ugh. Puke.

24. coolstuffs says:

NO WAY GUYS I LOVE SWEETS HE’S SO AWESOME

25. Peaches Morgan says:

I love sweets, and am really looking forward to this episode, I don’t understand all the hating.

26. blahhhh says:

IM SICK OF SWEETS IN EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! ITS ABUT BOOTH AND BONES, BAD ENOUGH HE ACT LIKE A REAL FBI AGENT, HE’S A PSYCHOLOGIST. GO AWAY SWEETS! Get back into your office!

27. heade says:

I agree with page I like Every single character of the series each of them is the show …I am just upset cause I missed some episodes hopefully.this Monday I can see it ….LOVE BONES !!

28. bones says:

I think the show is still great! Always has been. This is just showing what you do for friends when they need you.

29. Tara says:

I like sweets… He’s a nice guy.. And he’s funny.. Aaand he makes booth and bones work out their problems and is one of booths best friends… I don’t see the need for the complaints..

• jess says:

oh yeah such a great friend SNARK .Great friend who lied to Brennan that Booth had died for two weeks when he was told to tell her Booth was alive AND tellìng Booth that he was jealous of Christine.oh yeah a real swell guy. What a rat.

30. Dylan D. says:

I used to joke that Sweets was the character who touched himself over Brennen and Booth’s relationship. Constantly obsessed, like it was a fetish for him. Now…he’s beyond irritating.

31. Hannah says:

Why do you guys all hate Sweets so much?
    And why do you think the show is ONLY about Bones and Booth?
    The show is about ALL the squints plus Booth and now Sweets.
    And how the hell has the show gone down hill?!
    It’s just getting really good with Pelant!
    I question what kind “fans” some of you are.
    A real fan of the show would never wish for it to end.
    Stop watching.
    You’re making the real fan base look bad.
    We don’t all hate these characters.

32. Tricia says:

Wow ! Don’t get all the Sweets hate. I love Sweets, was disappointed with the kissing the FBI agent because I view him as more admirable & glad he broke it off with Daisy because I find her annoying. Love watching Bones, only disappointed its a short season but I understand for the pregnancy sake.

33. Amy says:

Sweets was a good character when he was serving his actual purpose of an FBI Psychologist, when he had sessions with B&B. I loved the therapy sessions and they were always humorous, but now Sweets is taking over the show and is in 3x more scenes with Booth than Brennan is. I thought B&B were the partners not Booth and Sweets.

• kerry says:

EXACTLY!!!!.not only has Sweets taken over Brennans status as Booths partner he has actually taken over a lot of Booths job at the FBI that its like he is the main fbi agent and Booth is playing second fiddle. Now he will be taking over Booths homelife too. Its made me hate Sweets, when before it was just whateva on him.

• kentucky says:

Have to agree, Sweets was an ok character, all of a sudden, he’s the show, wtf? I cant stand to see his face now and I mute and ff any scenes he is in. ugh

34. emma says:

Hodgins, Angela and Cam are supporting characters just like Sweets yet they get eff all to do whilst Sweets gets 3 eps in a row all about him. Thats were a lot of the backlash is coming from. Plus him taking over a lot of Booths FBI duties, Sweets being a FBI agent blah blah,

35. ames says:

I HATE SWEETS JUST DIE

36. Wendy says:

It is Sweets’ own fault he is homeless, signing a lease for a new place when he knew he was going to ditch Daisy. Go live in a hotel. I’m sick of his overexposed self. First, he takes Brennan’s spot in the field, now this. Go AWAY, please.

• mary says:

EXACTLY Sweets works for the fbi he makes a ton of money Go get a hotel, go lease an apartment stop taking over Booths life I am sick of him at the fbi doing Booths job and now he ìs at their home. It is too much.

37. Erica says:

B&B are partners. That’s what the show has always been about. Not Sweets and Booth. Sweets has taken over everything. He’s tolerable when he’s actually doing things that are included in his job. We NEVER see him doing his actual job anymore. We see less of everyone and more of Sweets. It makes me despise JFD. I wish he’d get fired. He’s destroying what used to to be good about this show. It’s so frustrating to watch and have sweets everywhere. No B&B. no Christine. No Booth/Cam. No Brennan/Hodgins. Hardly any Hodgela. Pretty soon Sweets is going to become Brennan’s BFF. Lets give him more screen time. So annoying. Hart is totally out of touch with his fan base.

• mikey says:

WORD! OMG Sweets is like a fraking disease you cant get rid of and spreads everywhere taking over the show and scenes that other characters do. Just.Go Away Sweets.

• jimmy says:

ITA Hart has no clue about the Bones fandom anymore. He wont read fan comments, he blocks or mocks fans on twitter who dare say the have had enough of Sweets. Maybe he will listen to ratings or dvr ratings cos I know a lot of fans dvr so they can Fast Forward through Sweets scenes Its has got that bad.

38. shanti says:

I like the show but i dont really like how they are going to test the relationship of angela and hodgens they have beem through alot so they shouldnt mess with them…and i got mad when they had sweets cheat on daisy and break up with her…other than that i love the show :)

39. Emily says:

Seriously, the minute Emily Deschanel announced she was pregnant, this show should have ended. It’s been basically worthless and stupid ever since.

40. Ash says:

Okay, so the show isn’t going to be ruined by one episode. You guys don’t even know what happens in it yet. So just take a chill pill and watch it like you would read a book. Don’t like the book? Stop reading it. Don’t ruin it for everyone else who DOES like it. Because this show is entirely realistic, as is this episode. And even though I’m not the biggest fan of Sweets, he’s part of the show. So lay off.

41. Sammy says:

You guys did’t here? Sweets will start doing facial reconstruction. Be the big and slime guy. And to top it off, he’ll start breast feeding Christine and take care of Booth’s needs. No one else is needed. Welcome to “Sweets” airs Monday on Fox.

42. Abhinav Shrivastava says:

Wats wrong wid u ppl??! Sweets is 1 of my fav characters in bones… so shut d f up..

43. Tallulah Wood says:

I DID stop watching, but not because of Sweets. I didn’t like the way the dynamics changed when Emily’s pregnancy was written into the show.

44. Sasha says:

I love Bones! It will be interesting seeing sweets live with them! Can’t wait to see the show!
    I don’t see what’s up with all this hate from peeps, if yall people have so much crap to say then STOP seeing the show that’s all.

45. Hildur says:

Wow, a lot of hate all because of sweets :) Is there not other problems in the world you can put som energy in, instead of hating a fictional caracter? After bones pregnansy i have storted to get bored of the serie. But i like sweets ;)

46. cjeffery7 says:

wow, i had no idea there was so much sweets hate… oh well. no hair off my back.

47. Karlla says:

Well what can I say, there have been way worse characters, people pls if u think the writter is that bad… How come u r bot the one on that writters chair… Thats because it doesnt matter what u say or do, is not for u to decide, and although its a great show n I love it, people its fictional get over youtselves!!! And on another note let me add that B&B have been with Sweets for a long time so its only natural he would get closer than just a diner or the office to move the story in a new direction.

48. anna says:

I love Sweets and want him on the show ! Its not his fault what the story line is..DUH!

• cely says:

I couldnt agree more. when a writer of a show runs out of idea for a plot, he/she thinks of a twist @ times great and @ times dumb and then the show is done…I hope bones will last a few more episode, i hope…

49. Mary says:

This is gonna be fun to watch…. Now, we do need new sparks and fun…. show is getting boring…