Exclusive Castle Video: Get a First Look at Rick and Kate's Meta-tastic Sci-Fi Adventure

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

Castle Season 5 Comic-Con EpisodeThe ‘Con is on next Monday at 10/9c when Castle sends Rick and Kate into the belly of the beast that is sci-fi fandom — and we’ve got an exclusive first look at one of the geektacular hour’s most pivotal scenes.

RELATED | Castle‘s First Christmas Episode — Get Exclusive Details

The episode, titled “The Final Frontier” and helmed by Star Trek vet Jonathan Frakes, finds the sorta-domestic partners in crime investigating a murder at a Comic-Con-esque convention.

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Is this shaping up to be the best episode of Castle ever or what?

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (24)

• I’m really looking forward to this one.

Comment by Annie – November 1, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Principal Snyder LIVES!!!!

Comment by dlonyc4 – November 1, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahh!! This episode will be SO fantastic! The guest stars alone will be positively nerd-gasmic!

Comment by hazel – November 1, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monumental season in the works….it keeps getting better and better. Another must see ep!!

Comment by Rachael – November 1, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode looks so funny! This season just keeps getting better and better!

Comment by Andrea – November 1, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Armin Shimerman!! I can’t wait! Curse you, Castle, for making me want to skip weekends.

Comment by April – November 1, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And in two weeks the real Castle Con in LA! I can’t wait!

Comment by Mari – November 1, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • glorious nerdtasticness awaits and i only have to survive five more days. this season has been so good i wish they’d just have episodes everyday cut out this torturous waiting a week.

Comment by James – November 1, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! Can’t wait for this one.

Comment by jen – November 1, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “In the following clip, they grill a tech whiz (played by Star Trek: Deep Space Nine‘s Armin Shimerman) who manufactures authentic (maybe a little too authentic?) props for elaborate superhero costumes.” you’re mixing up your fandom. Supheroes are one thing, science fiction is another. What this guy makes, based on the video, would be for science fiction heroes like Luke or Mal Reynolds. Nothing to do with superheroes. Maybe change the term to something like “intergalactic hero costumes”, it might be more accurate than superhero costumes.

Comment by Michael Sacal – November 1, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i may need to watch this episode twice since i will be spending so much time looking out for firefly references. anyway armin shimmerman and ed quinn are great actors and im really looking forward to them getting to make fun of their positions in sci fi

Comment by Alan – November 1, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe it’s just me, but I see echoes of Quark, purveyor of all things not-so-legal… not to mention the set reminds me a bit of one that Armin’s character from Beauty and the Beast, Pascal, might feel right at home in.

Comment by CMG – November 1, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not just you. I believe that was entirely on purpose to make him basically Quark without the Ferengi makeup. A great shout-out to DS9.

Comment by Kevan – November 5, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had no idea Armin was going to be in the epi!!!! so much more excited now if that is even possible :)

Comment by mdb – November 1, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I heart Riker!

Comment by brianne – November 1, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too!!!! This episode is going to be great

Comment by KD – November 1, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not a sci-fi fan at all and I know I will be missing all the references, but I can’t wait for this episode. It looks like it’s going to be a blast. This season is totally rocking!

Comment by Kate – November 1, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This one sounds like fun. Can’t wait.

Comment by Tom – November 1, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh can’t stand when u have embedded videos!! Won’t play on my iPhone. Have to wait til I get home to get my Castle fix on :(

Comment by Jen – November 1, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quark is in the house!!

Comment by Shaun – November 1, 2012 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quark/Prinicipal Snyder in this episode!!!! Oh it’s a fangirl’s dream. And SELLING STUFF. I want someone to ask him who was the DS9 fan who went after him or did he get the gig via the Whedon connection.

Comment by SnazzyO – November 2, 2012 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yesyes

Comment by walo – November 4, 2012 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I look forward to tonights episode. This season has been shaping up nicely, proving that getting the lead characters together doesn’t have to send the writers running for the hills screaming “MOONLIGHTING!!!”

Comment by JC – November 5, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post