Exclusive

Exclusive Castle Video: Get a First Look at Rick and Kate's Meta-tastic Sci-Fi Adventure

Castle Season 5 Comic-Con EpisodeThe ‘Con is on next Monday at 10/9c when Castle sends Rick and Kate into the belly of the beast that is sci-fi fandom — and we’ve got an exclusive first look at one of the geektacular hour’s most pivotal scenes.

RELATED | Castle‘s First Christmas Episode — Get Exclusive Details

The episode, titled “The Final Frontier” and helmed by Star Trek vet Jonathan Frakes, finds the sorta-domestic partners in crime investigating a murder at a Comic-Con-esque convention.

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Is this shaping up to be the best episode of Castle ever or what?

Loading video...

1. Annie says:

I’m really looking forward to this one.

2. dlonyc4 says:

Principal Snyder LIVES!!!!

3. hazel says:

Ahh!! This episode will be SO fantastic! The guest stars alone will be positively nerd-gasmic!

4. Rachael says:

Monumental season in the works….it keeps getting better and better. Another must see ep!!

5. Andrea says:

This episode looks so funny! This season just keeps getting better and better!

6. April says:

Yay Armin Shimerman!! I can’t wait! Curse you, Castle, for making me want to skip weekends.

7. Mari says:

And in two weeks the real Castle Con in LA! I can’t wait!

8. James says:

glorious nerdtasticness awaits and i only have to survive five more days. this season has been so good i wish they’d just have episodes everyday cut out this torturous waiting a week.

9. jen says:

Wow! Can’t wait for this one.

10. “In the following clip, they grill a tech whiz (played by Star Trek: Deep Space Nine‘s Armin Shimerman) who manufactures authentic (maybe a little too authentic?) props for elaborate superhero costumes.” you’re mixing up your fandom. Supheroes are one thing, science fiction is another. What this guy makes, based on the video, would be for science fiction heroes like Luke or Mal Reynolds. Nothing to do with superheroes. Maybe change the term to something like “intergalactic hero costumes”, it might be more accurate than superhero costumes.

11. Alan says:

i may need to watch this episode twice since i will be spending so much time looking out for firefly references. anyway armin shimmerman and ed quinn are great actors and im really looking forward to them getting to make fun of their positions in sci fi

12. CMG says:

Maybe it’s just me, but I see echoes of Quark, purveyor of all things not-so-legal… not to mention the set reminds me a bit of one that Armin’s character from Beauty and the Beast, Pascal, might feel right at home in.

• Kevan says:

It’s not just you. I believe that was entirely on purpose to make him basically Quark without the Ferengi makeup. A great shout-out to DS9.

13. mdb says:

I had no idea Armin was going to be in the epi!!!! so much more excited now if that is even possible :)

14. brianne says:

I heart Riker!

15. Kate says:

I’m not a sci-fi fan at all and I know I will be missing all the references, but I can’t wait for this episode. It looks like it’s going to be a blast. This season is totally rocking!

16. Tom says:

This one sounds like fun. Can’t wait.

17. Jen says:

Ugh can’t stand when u have embedded videos!! Won’t play on my iPhone. Have to wait til I get home to get my Castle fix on :(

18. Shaun says:

Quark is in the house!!

19. SnazzyO says:

Quark/Prinicipal Snyder in this episode!!!! Oh it’s a fangirl’s dream. And SELLING STUFF. I want someone to ask him who was the DS9 fan who went after him or did he get the gig via the Whedon connection.

20. JC says:

I look forward to tonights episode. This season has been shaping up nicely, proving that getting the lead characters together doesn’t have to send the writers running for the hills screaming “MOONLIGHTING!!!”