Brendan Fraser Exits TNT Drama Pilot Legends

Brendan Frase LegendsBrendan Fraser is no longer a legend.

The Mummy actor has exited TNT’s Howard Gordon-produced drama pilot Legends, TVLine has learned. Creative differences are said to be behind Fraser’s departure.

RELATED | S.H.I.E.L.D. Pilot Recruits ER Alum Ming-Na

Based on a spy novel by Robert Littell, the project centers on an undercover agent who has the ability to transform himself into a different person with each new job.

Fraser’s role will be recast.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots

1. Dale says:

I didn’t know Brendan Fraser could afford to walk away from a paying job

• big cheddar says:

I’m assuming he still has a little cash left over from “The Mummy” franchise and can hold out for the right part just a little bit longer.

2. sia says:

Not too upset about this, wasn’t the hugest Brendan Fraser fan. he always rubbed me the wrong way

3. Blake says:

“Brendan Fraser is no longer a legend.” This implies he once was a legend.

4. Ana says:

I like Brendan but I honestly didn’t think he was right for this part anyways…

5. Allyson says:

I am guessing he we was attitude issues so he was fired. When was the last role Brendan had? His career has been dying for awhile and now this proabley just killed it.

• Seriously? Always with the bashing? He wasn’t fired since he was also set to produce the pilot/show. They just had a different ideas in which direction his character should be headed. Those who reported the news originally, long before TVLine, said the split was amicable and both sides hoped to work on something else together in the future. Not everything has hidden meaning and secret agenda.

6. Allyson says:

I meant guessing he was having attitude issues. I wish there was an edit button.

7. Yolanda says:

Too bad but he might take the male lead in “Those Who Kill” opposite Chloe Sevigny.

8. DramaMomma says:

Maybe the actor from The Pretender could replace him. He has experience and I think his calendar is open.

9. Ellie says:

Wasn’t this called “Mission Impossible” or “Human Target” (the Rick Springfield one)?

10. Alex says:

Exactly, i mean come on, he was in a movie with Harrison ford like 3 or 4 years ago and before that?, monkey bone or some such thing?, come on brother!, really?, creative differences?, don’t you have to eat or something?

• He did the Mummy movies where he was upstaged by the special effects; except for the one where he was totally blown away by Dwayne Johnson’s 5 minute cameo. I heard he had fits over that one. He was also the Encino Man where he was blown away by Pauley Shore.

11. Katie Hart says:

I’m wanting Enver Gjokaj to replace him. He’s already proven his chameleon-like abilities on Dollhouse.

12. mia says:

Oh that’s too bad, I really like him and was looking forward to seeing him on tv. Hopefully he’ll find another project soon.

13. A. says:

Sad to hear. But I wonder if any of you personally know him to speculate the reasons. There are countless reasons an actor walks away from a job. One of them being if they are a parent which he is and shares custody of his three sons. So if the project were to have him relocate for about 9 months he might have pulled out for that. He pulled put for reasons unknown thats all any of need to know. Yes he hasnt worked much for a good handful of years but honestly, not all actors have steady roles or have great ones. But it is sad to hear he has pulled out and i hope he finds something thats better suited for him.

14. Ram510 says:

Get a solid replacement and this show actually has a chance

15. The Squatch says:

Well, considering his current net worth is listed at $45 million, I think he’ll be just fine.

Sheesh.

As someone stated earlier, not all actors have steady work forever. Sometimes these things come and go. Remember, there were years when no one in Hollywood would touch Robert Downey Jr. Now he is one of the biggest stars going. With the right role, Brendan Fraser could probably be as big as he once was.

I always liked him and a lot of his movies. Maybe not all of them, but some. The Mummy franchise was one of my favorites. I also really liked his more dramatic turn on the series Scrubs. I was actually angry when I read that instead of doing another “Mummy” movie sequel they are rebooting the franchise over again with a new cast.

16. tvdiva says:

I am not surprised. Most former movie actors and actresses only do a series when they 1) desperately need money or 2) when they want to settle down to a routine so they can be home every night for dinner with their families.

• Snsetblaze says:

I’d add 3) they are of a certain age and tv offers better roles for older actors (especially women). Look at Glenn Close, Mary McDonnell or Kyra Sedgwick as examples.

17. sonya says:

It’s too bad I have always like brendon. He is a fun actor who always manages to add humor to nearly every roll. Hopefully his replacement will be someone who will be equally enjoyble.

18. Alienate says:

Maybe he could be cast as Jack Reacher instead of Tom Cruise.
    He’s about a foot taller. :)

19. wooster182 says:

Oh, darn. Josh Holloway please?

20. Pokie says:

Wow. What happened to Brendan? He used to be cute.