It's Official: Common Law Cancelled By USA

Get More: Cancellations

Common Law CancelledUSA Network is dumping Common Law.

The cable net officially confirms what TVLine strongly hinted at on Monday — the struggling freshman drama will not be returning for a second season.

RELATED | USA Network Sets Return Dates for Suits, White Collar and Necessary Roughness

The series starred Michael Ealy and Warren Kole as detectives forced into couples’ therapy to save their partnership.

As TVLine exclusively reported earlier this week, Kole has rebounded with a recurring role on Fox’s upcoming psychological thriller The Following as a devotee of serial killer Joe Carroll (played by James Purefoy).

Comments (153)

• WHAT ABOUT FAIRLY LEGAL???!!!

Comment by Sarah – November 1, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AH MEU DEUS ISSO NAO PODE SER VERDADEEEE, COMOM LAW CANCELADO??????????? NAO NAO NAO NAO POR FRAVOORRRR NAO FAÇAM ISSO COM A GENTE EU A AMINHA AMIGA ANNA VAMOS ENFARTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOS SOMOS MUITO FÃ MUITO MUITO MUTIO….PELA MOR ELS SAO PERFEITOS POR FAVOR NAO FAÇAM ISSO

Comment by gisele – November 4, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This one had to grow on me, but I stuck with it and was really enjoying it by the end of the season. I’m sorry to see it go.

Comment by Mark – November 4, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • USA characters not welcome!!

Comment by mike – November 5, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is terrible…this is by far the best show on USA..please give it another chance..it had it all, suspense, comedy, and drama..please please reconsider

Comment by missy – November 6, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooo. No Right. Bring it back. I start my petition now.

Comment by M G D – November 8, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • am i the only one who thinks Wes and Dr. Ryan were meant to be together in the future. now we never get to see.

Comment by courtney 1273 – November 8, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh well. How about that? USA has a lot to learn about TV audiences.

Comment by nj – November 23, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh man… WTF??? Why do americans cancel EVERY good series? That suckzzz!!! Shame on you!!!!

Comment by canc(ell)er – November 28, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I got the chance to watch it twice. Like it a lot . Just keep flooding tv with these scripted reality crap. I’m done!

Comment by Jack Curtis Silas, Jr. – December 7, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the eggnog is going on Common Law was Great!

Comment by Talyiah Mears – December 9, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. i really dont understand why they cancelled this show?

Comment by Cassandra – December 12, 2012 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Common Law back!

Comment by Wong – December 14, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thorughly enjoyed Common Law. Two good looking actors with great chemistry. I think USA should have given the series another season, along with some good promotion. I rarely ever saw if at all the series promoted. Poor promoting might have been part of the ratings problem. I’m very disappointed in USA for dumping this very funny series in just one season. Reruns of Law & Order SUV is the only series on USA with an African American man with a staring role, oh sorry forgot about that silly Psyc. Michael Ealy was great in Common Law serious and funny.

Comment by Fran – December 26, 2012 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Why is it every show I like is being canceled. USA you need to give common law another chance. The cast was great. I looked forward to that show every week!!!!

Comment by Terry – January 3, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAMN IT MAN!!!! I LOVED THAT SHOW…. WHAT CAN WE DO TO GET IT BACK ON???

Comment by Zuleika Polidore – January 7, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS STUPID :) i was looking forward to see season 2 and now theres no season 2 :( STUPID TV SHOWS YOU GET HOCKED ON THEM AND THEN THERES NO NEXT ONE >:( what a shame really liked it

Comment by Jennifer Mc Auley – January 11, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please someone tell me this is just network “prank” to test how people react…. Seriously….

Comment by Notpink – January 12, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • we really want this show back. when i saw the pilot on my dvr, i got so excited! thought that you reconsidered, and would give us more seasons. please give us back this show!!!!!

Comment by cheryl – January 24, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not cool man, not cool. I loved this show the bantering back a forth was what made the show so interesting and fun. Can we sign some patistion to keep this show going?

Comment by Joseph – January 29, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on USA get it together already. This was a great start for a new show and could have become something great like white collar or suits or burn notice. This psych crap and covert affairs and necessary roughness isn’t even that good.
    TRY DAY TIME SLOTS!!!!

Comment by Tiffany – February 4, 2013 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So very bummed! I really enjoyed this show. The character interaction was great! It was funny and had action! LOVED II!!!

Comment by Heather Broome-Aldridge – February 6, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder some times where you get the ratings from. The chemistry of the 2 cops and the therapist was extremely good. I thought it was much better than alot of non-cable shows like criminal intent that I personally can’t sit through but it renews each year. Unbelieveable.

Comment by D Yorgesen – February 8, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Common Law; the only show I watched on USA:(

Comment by Smitch – March 2, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that USA should bring common law back! I would start watchin it way more! Ane hey there is still time to bring it back and call it a secon season! It did jus become 2013!

Comment by Tennille – March 6, 2013 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! This was my favorite show! Dont take it away. :(

Comment by kathryn – March 9, 2013 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I ditto Adora’s comment. Reality TV is overdone. Common Law was a quality show and there are so few of them. Why? Why? Why? Please reconsider, USA.

Comment by Margaret Cammarata – March 11, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smh, just when the show was getting to the good part that’s when USA want to shut it down. I’m beginning to think that there is no such thing as real ratings. USA if you don’t reconsider, you are going to lose a lot of fan. I watched common law every Friday since it first aired. This shenanigans has to end.

Comment by Liana – March 12, 2013 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YOU KNOW WHAT SKIP ALL YOU HATERZ THAT DIDNT LIKE IT!!! YOU PROBABLY DIDNT HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR OR YOUR JUST SOME DUDES THAT ACTUALLY FOUND A NEW REFRESHING SHOW ON USA BESIDES LAW AND ORDER OR NCIS AND SAW THAT THERE WERE FINEE GUYS ON HERE AND JUST HAD TO COMMENT!! BUT HERES A TIP GET A LIFE, MAYBE ONE THAT DOESNT CONSIST OF HATERISM!!!!

Comment by KILA – March 14, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show was awesome!!! I am so bummed! The characters’ interaction was so enjoyable. I really wish they would reconsider.

Comment by Msap – March 15, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was sold to The Netherlands as well… And i want a second season like so many of you… Does the sells to foreign countries count? Please…. Make a second one, I loved these guys!!

Comment by Eva – March 18, 2013 03:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just found out it wasn’t being renewed. I am disappointed because Ealy and Kole had tremendous chemistry. The side characters, i.e./ therapist and Captain, were also good. I’ve been a huge follower of both USA and TNT because of their good programming and because they don’t do all the ridiculous ‘Reality’ shows. I’d rather have Common Law then Psyche, which, in my humble opinion, has definitely run it’s course .This show should have been given a second season…fairly legal should not have.

Comment by Joy – March 18, 2013 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooo!!! What the hell!?! I love this show! What happened? Why?

Comment by Christina – March 19, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is CRAZY! WHYYYYY! I came looking to find a date for the new season premiere, only to find it has been CANCELED?!?!? I’m so disappointed! This was a great show with interesting characters. I was looking forward to learning more about them and their relationships. Kole’s wife and Ealy’s foster families and possibly his birth family. There was soo much to build on, I assumed this series would go on for several seasons! … Or at least I hoped :(

Comment by Tania – March 23, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Common Law, TV is so stupid cancelling shows that are great.

Comment by Sally – April 2, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That show was my favorite they should’ve cancelled nessessary roughness and suits those two shows are hideous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and the actors suck also. I’m sorry I forgot about royal pains painful to even see a commercial for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Mike Sproat – April 3, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad to see the show was cancelled, we really enjoied watching it.

Comment by Paula – April 4, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly usa shouldn’t have cancelled this show my fiance watched it and was sitting by the tv like a dog waiting for its owner to find out if it was coming back well tonight i told him burn notice will be back in June then i looked up common law in the internet to find out.when it would be on again just ti find out it wasnt so i had to.call my fiance and give him bad news and break his heart now he’s blaming me lol so use u made a bad choice should have given it a second chance

Comment by erin – April 5, 2013 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe they cancelled Common Law! It was just as funny and exciting as Psych & Burn Notice put together. Maybe USA should’ve hung in there with them a little longer. CL could’ve proven to be network gold.

Comment by TimS – April 7, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very disappointed that you canceled this show. My sister and I were waiting for it to come back on. So sad…

Comment by am – April 7, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show was great
    Y the heck did they cancel it

Comment by eric – April 12, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always support the USA network but you guys blew it by not bringing Common Law back the show was great I really enjoyed it one of my favorite shows period.

Comment by Terrance – April 13, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thoroughly enjoyed the show. Have been waiting to see the previews. Did not realize it was cancelled, disappointed. Did not give it a chance or even try moving the time slots/days around. Glad that Kole rebounded with The Following however that show has a limited scope, unlike NCIS, Bones, Criminal Intent to name a few that I continue to enjoy.

Viewed a negative response above that stated the only folks that miss it were posting? On average for every person posting approximately 10k have same opinion just don’t express.

Comment by Kimberly – April 22, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the hell is wrong with USA, Common Law is a great show and I don’t think it should have been cancelled after the first season. The show can’t do nothing but get better and u ruined it before it even got started.

Comment by Shamera B – April 22, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked this show,disappointed it was cancel…was looking forward to the new season…don’t do reality shows.

Comment by J.E.Hamilton – April 25, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sorry that Common Law was canceled. I really enjoy the show.

Comment by Jennifer S – May 9, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ok…..so….somebody PLEASE help me to understand why Common Law was cancelled!!!??? What…if anything…has to be done in order to get this back on the air?? Something MUST AND HAS to be done!!!

Comment by Thareesa – May 18, 2013 03:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so hurt that my show is not coming back on. But the other shows on USA is returning and to me they should have not started some of them.

Comment by serena – May 25, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s not right. The fans what’s make the show, we like it so if we like it put it back on their. The fans should have a say so. No one watches those other shows. Their will never be a show that can compare with common law. THE SHOW WAS GREAT. PUT IT BACK ON.

Comment by Angel N – May 25, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This Sucks Common Law Was A Great Show I’m Pissed You Have All These Dumb Shows Yet You Cancel Common Law :(

Bring Back Common Low