Cable Ratings: Homeland Scores Series High, The Walking Dead Rises

Homeland continues to benefit from positive word of mouth about its rule-breaking second season.

The Emmy winning drama drew 2.07 million viewers Sunday night, an increase of 19 percent over the previous week and its largest audience to date.

RELATED | Homeland Recap: Highlighting the Best Moments from Last Week’s Pivotal Scene

Its lead-in, Dexter, attracted 2.28 million viewers, giving Showtime its first 2 million-plus double header ever.

Meanwhile, over at AMC, The Walking Dead was up 10 percent week-to-week in total viewers (to 10.5 million) and 6 percent in the demo (to 5.4 rating).

1. Derek says:

Wasn’t The Walking Dead the #1 scripted program on television Sunday night or did The Mentalist eek by a viewer victory?

2. Tony S says:

The amazing performances by the 2 leads in the interrogation scene was about as good and as intense as it gets. Homeland Rules ! This is how it’s done, Veena. Watch and learn.

3. adam says:

The Walking dead, Homeland and Dexter Best shows on television!

4. Britta Unfiltered says:

Great news for both shows! I always recommend both these shows to everyone I know and do my hardest to get people to watch them. I hand out my season one Homeland DVDs like I am a public library, even when they are not requested, haha. “Watch these, and if you don’t, you’ll regret it!”

• Sara says:

I did that with Breaking Bad’s first season. I felt proud when they loved it, like I’m one of the staff haha.. Vince & AMC should pay me for all the free advertising

• I also loved infecting people with Breaking Bad. You hook two of your friends, then two more follow, then a year later, there’s no one you know (that you give a damn about) who doesn’t watch it.

• Emily says:

I do that with Dexter and Doctor Who! At this point, everyone I know already watches Breaking Bad, so not much headway I can make on that front.

5. Lisa says:

All hail the mighty Homeland

6. Eliza says:

Dexter and Homeland are a great pair on Sunday nights.

7. Beth says:

Showtime really knows how to put a show and cast together! Shameless, homeland and dexter are worth every penny.

8. b. says:

Wow wow wow. 3 amazing shows! All other TV Dramas take notes! Especially on Homeland, “rule-breaking” season is so fresh and outstanding!

9. Joanna says:

Walking Dead’s rise in ratings for this past Sunday may be because of Dish adding AMC back to their programming. Walking Dead, Homeland & Dexter are three of the best shows on TV.

10. beckie holmes says:

Sunday night: Best night for TV ever ! ! !