Cable Ratings: Homeland Scores Series High, The Walking Dead Rises

Get More: Ratings

Homeland continues to benefit from positive word of mouth about its rule-breaking second season.

The Emmy winning drama drew 2.07 million viewers Sunday night, an increase of 19 percent over the previous week and its largest audience to date.

RELATED | Homeland Recap: Highlighting the Best Moments from Last Week’s Pivotal Scene

Its lead-in, Dexter, attracted 2.28 million viewers, giving Showtime its first 2 million-plus double header ever.

Meanwhile, over at AMC, The Walking Dead was up 10 percent week-to-week in total viewers (to 10.5 million) and 6 percent in the demo (to 5.4 rating).

Comments (16)

• Wasn’t The Walking Dead the #1 scripted program on television Sunday night or did The Mentalist eek by a viewer victory?

Comment by Derek – October 30, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Walking Dead had 10.51 million viewers while The Mentalist had 10.17 million.

Comment by JC – October 30, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The amazing performances by the 2 leads in the interrogation scene was about as good and as intense as it gets. Homeland Rules ! This is how it’s done, Veena. Watch and learn.

Comment by Tony S – October 30, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Walking dead, Homeland and Dexter Best shows on television!

Comment by adam – October 30, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Take out TWD and you are onto something there.

Comment by John – October 30, 2012 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news for both shows! I always recommend both these shows to everyone I know and do my hardest to get people to watch them. I hand out my season one Homeland DVDs like I am a public library, even when they are not requested, haha. “Watch these, and if you don’t, you’ll regret it!”

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 30, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I did that with Breaking Bad’s first season. I felt proud when they loved it, like I’m one of the staff haha.. Vince & AMC should pay me for all the free advertising

Comment by Sara – October 30, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It would not longer be free.

Comment by Joe Doh – October 30, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also loved infecting people with Breaking Bad. You hook two of your friends, then two more follow, then a year later, there’s no one you know (that you give a damn about) who doesn’t watch it.

Comment by TigerNightmare – October 30, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do that with Dexter and Doctor Who! At this point, everyone I know already watches Breaking Bad, so not much headway I can make on that front.

Comment by Emily – October 30, 2012 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All hail the mighty Homeland

Comment by Lisa – October 30, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter and Homeland are a great pair on Sunday nights.

Comment by Eliza – October 30, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Showtime really knows how to put a show and cast together! Shameless, homeland and dexter are worth every penny.

Comment by Beth – October 30, 2012 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow wow wow. 3 amazing shows! All other TV Dramas take notes! Especially on Homeland, “rule-breaking” season is so fresh and outstanding!

Comment by b. – October 30, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Walking Dead’s rise in ratings for this past Sunday may be because of Dish adding AMC back to their programming. Walking Dead, Homeland & Dexter are three of the best shows on TV.

Comment by Joanna – October 31, 2012 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sunday night: Best night for TV ever ! ! !

Comment by beckie holmes – November 5, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post