Community Gets Return Date! Plus: Smash Moves to Tuesdays, Revolution Takes a Break & More!
Good news, Human Beings: Community at long last has a return date!
NBC unveiled its midseason game plan on Tuesday and the big news is that the underdog comedy will reclaim its Thursday at 8/7c time slot beginning Feb. 7, replacing 30 Rock (which will have wrapped its 13-episode final season by then).
Community‘s fourth season was initially supposed to launch on Friday, Oct. 19 along with Whitney, but NBC (wisely) scrapped that plan at the last minute. (As previously reported, Whitney returns Wednesday, Nov. 14 at 8/7c, replacing the cancelled Animal Practice.)
Other highlights from NBC’s winter/spring scheduling announcement:
* The new drama Deception (formerly Infamous) will premiere Monday, Jan. 7 at 10/9c, replacing hiatus-bound Revolution (which will resume its freshman run on Monday, March 25).
* The Biggest Loser returns with a two-night premiere on Sunday, Jan. 6 (9-11 pm) and Monday, Jan. 7 (8-10 pm), and will continue to air Mondays until The Voice returns on March 25.
* Smash will relocate to Tuesdays at 10/9c, kicking off its second season with a two-hour episode on Feb. 5. (Parenthood completes its fourth season in January.)
* The first of two 30-minute episodes of Betty White’s Off Their Rockers will air Tuesdays at 8/7c beginning Jan. 8.
* New comedy 1600 Penn will air Thursdays at 9:30/8:30c beginning January 10. Parks and Recreation, meanwhile, shifts to 8:30/7:30c after Community. What about Up All Night? As we reported on Monday, the sophomore comedy is taking a little break to tinker with its format.
* The Celebrity Apprentice returns Sunday, March 3 and will air two-hour editions for four straight weeks before (thankfully) slimming down to one-hour installments beginning March 31. Meanwhile, the Eva Longoria-produced reality series Ready For Love, bows on March 31 at 8/7c.Follow @MichaelAusiello