The X Factor Schedule Change: New Shows to Return on Wednesday, Not Thursday

X Factor fans who’ve cursed the World Series for preempting their favorite singing competition may want to change their tune and show the San Francisco Giants some love.

After all, because the California-based team nabbed victory in just four games, Fox is bringing Simon Cowell‘s music contest back a day earlier than scheduled.

RELATEDReality Check: Who Will Win X Factor? Plus, Girl-Group Problems and The Voice‘s Top Teen

The network planned to air the first post-World Series show on Thursday; instead, the Top 16 contestants will perform live for the first time — and new hosts Khloe Kardashian and Mario Lopez will make their debut — on Wednesday, October 31 at 8/7c. Thursday’s live show will reveal the top finalists.

RELATEDThe X Factor: Handicapping Season 2’s Top 16

Monday evening’s episode, a repeat of the end of the Judges’ Homes round and the Top 16 announcement, will air at 8 pm.

1. Craig says:

Does this mean they won’t air next Sunday as currently scheduled?

• Kimberly Roots says:

Right — that was just contingency scheduling related to the World Series. Now The X Factor is back on its regular schedule.

2. Sandy Dunkin, Hurricane says:

What does it matter when the eastern seaboard has power outages across it?

3. Blinged Up says:

Does Simon realize that among the X-Factor fans are a lot of young trick-or-treaters who will not see the first live show now because it’s airing on Halloween night instead of the next night?
    Does he realize that there are mommies who have been looking forward to the first live show but now will be following around little zombies and princesses instead of watching?

Not great news for me……..

4. Jen says:

I haven’t been cursing the World Series I’ve been cursing Fox for not caring about west coast viewers and only showing us Simon and Demi making their choices last week. If they don’t care about us then why should I care about their program?

5. HT says:

Fox is a mess.

6. Allyson says:

It was a great World Series! Loved every minute of it. Now I am sad baseball is over. Though I am happy about seeing X-Factor return. It will be nice to see Mario Lopez hosting. Don’t really care for a Kardashian on another show. So proud of the Giants!!!!!

7. Ram510 says:

It’s all about The Voice, this show just isn’t good. But since Fox is such a mess right now what else can they do

8. Forwarddad says:

Most towns have trick or treating 6-8pm. Dvr it. Stop whining.

9. GingerSnap says:

I’m not invested enough in this season to care.

10. ariel says:

I find this ridiculous. You can’t just change the schedule the day before. They advertised that the first live show would be Thursday. So if i hadn’t seen this posting then i wouldn’t know. Plus I agree with Halloween that is not right.

11. Liam says:

Tate will sell more albums than Melinda Doolittle ever will. Get over your prejudice of country music Melinda.

12. NegraGata says:

I hated the X Factor – way to OVER PRODUCED, worse than last year. The extra BS was more prominent than the singers…I will have to watch it again this evening to see if I will have a better opinion, but last night watching it, I wasn’t impressed. Had the remote in my hand and my finger on “fast forward” far to many times…