ABC's Scandal, The Neighbors Get Full Seasons

The good news: Scandal received a full season pick-up from ABC Monday.

The… interesting news: The Neighbors did, as well.

Shonda Rhimes‘ sophomore political drama Scandal received an additional nine episodes, bringing it to its first full, 22-epiosde season.

RELATED | New Spoiler Alert!: Debating Polarizing Twists on Good WifeRevengeScandal and More!

And though TVLine viewers weren’t huge fans of The Neighbors‘ premiere — you all gave it an average grade of D — ABC likely responded to the aliens-in-the-suburbs sitcom’s strong debut ratings (9.3 million viewers and a 3.3 rating) and its steady performance in its Wednesday-night timeslot.

Comments (85)

• I agree with those above me who are worried that a full season of scandal would be a bit much, that it might lose its pace & quality. It might turn into another Revenge, which has essentially turned into a soap opera, what with all its overly dramatic plot twists and overracting required to support said plot twists.

I haven’t caught Neighbors yet, but given all the endorsements above, I’ll give it a go.

While I love Scandal for its sharp plot twists & story lines, as well as some pretty decent acting, I cannot stand its overwrought stilted dialog. The fact that the actors can keep a straight face while saying stuff like “I could be running Harvard right now. I was offered the job. I turned it down.” seriously cracks me up. You could do a drinking game for every time an Ivy League school is mentioned. And the love affair btwn the Pres & Pope? That’s the stupidest thing about the show, along with the overwrought dialog. But I keep watching every week for the storyline, which is smart and crisp.

Comment by the truth – October 30, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huge fan of Scandal..but I thought this season was only supposed to be 13 episodes. Either way I’m not complaining. One of the best dramas on TV.

Comment by DC – October 30, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not a huge fan of The Neighbors..but found myself consistently watching the show On Demand because I LOVE the cast.

Comment by Jared – October 30, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s so funny Scandal gets a full season… Because Shonda Rhimes seems so please (at the end of last season) to get a 13 episodes-season.
    Haha.

Comment by Ben – October 30, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you don’t like The Neighbors, we can’t be friends.

Comment by Rita – October 30, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never watched Scandal so I cannot comment but I am LOVING The Neighbors more and more each episode!!!!!!

Comment by Wael – November 12, 2012 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad the Neighbors gets a full season. I love that show!! The first episode was a little flat, but yes, like everyone else is saying, it gets better and better. You can’t take it only at face value… you have to watch every episode, the writing is great, you catch silly, funny innuendos of pop culture. Love it! A- for the show. Not the best show ever, but still an A- to B+ show. Funny and worth keeping! I hope ABC gives it a second season! And this is coming from a person who hates alien movies and shows because aliens don’t exist! Yet I love this show!

Comment by Kathy – November 15, 2012 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post