Person of Interest Enlists Army Husband to Woo Detective Carter

Sterling K. Brown, Taraji P. HensonSterling K. Brown, who for six seasons has played Army Wives spouse Roland Burton, is joining CBS’ Person of Interest in a recurring role.

RELATED | Lost‘s Mark Pellegrino Cast on Person of Interest

Per our sister site Deadline, Brown will play Cal Beecher, a no-nonsense narcotics detective who will evolve into a potential love interest for Taraji P. Henson’s Detective Carter. TVLine has learned he will first appear in Episode 8.

Earlier this fall, the POI showrunners told us they planned to reveal “a little more about Carter’s personal life, what makes her tick…. We’re hoping to explore who she is and how she became who she is.”

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Zoe’s Person of Interest-ing Return

In addition to his Army Wives stint, Brown’s TV credits include guest gigs on series such as Harry’s Law, The Good Wife and Supernatural. Lifetime renewed Army Wives for Season 7, though it is unclear exactly who from the cast will return.

1. tp says:

Bleh. Idk what it is but this guy bugs me.

2. MGL says:

I would rather see Paige Turco come back and woo Mr. Reese, if the show wants to have wooing!

3. he’s either gonna get killed or be a villain

4. Eww.. Is it bad that I want him to already go away? I’m a Resse\Carter fan! I know I’m a minority…

• miche says:

You are not in the minority at all. I think many would like to Reese/Carter together. It will be interesting to see where this new proposed love interest for Carter will go.

• kel says:

No, I wouldn’t say that at all, I doubt even 50% of the audience would like that. I think Reese and Carter in a romantic relationship would be horrible for the show. I am all for Carter and this new guy, I would like to see Carter happy and live a normal life. That can never happen with Reese.

• Renee says:

And I agree with you. I’m a person who doesn’t believe in hookups within a team. Ruins the whole team dynamic. And I love this team so I don’t want it ruined.

• POIfan says:

Totally agree.

• miche says:

As Taraji said in an interview many people ask her if her character and Reese are getting together and she gave a diplomatic response. So I think we can say a little more than 50%. We can desire things but it doesn’t really have to happen. Who knows what ride the writers will take us on next episode. Cannot wait!

• askmelast79 says:

NO you are not a minority! Plenty of Reese/Carter fans out there. Don’t give up hope! I’m with you!

5. Michelle says:

I hope this doesn’t meant that he won’t be back for season 7 of Army Wives, Roland has to be back :)

6. miche says:

We are into the second season and you still think there is no chemistry? I think the entire cast work well with each other. I think Reese/carter play off each other well when they put them in scenes together. Just my opinion.

7. Ethel says:

Just hope he shows more of a personality on this show than he does on Army Wives. I like his character but he is soooooooo monotone

8. Linda says:

GORDON!! Too bad Supernatural didn’t bring him back on for season 8. He could have been in purgatory with Dean. That would have been fun to see.

9. Sg.Grant says:

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m all for a “none of them get involved with anyone” and they continue to handle numbers every week.

10. POIfan says:

Sterling K. Brown would be awesome as Carter’s love interest,
    Nolan keep up the awesome job.

11. Cody says:

Carter and Reese dont have romantic chemistry, I love their partnership but I doubt her and whoever this guy is will have either. I hope Taylor’s Dad isnt dead coz he looks like the only man who would be good for Carter and looks like a good guy, every other guy on the show has some darkness in him and not really capable of long term commitment.

Zoe & Reese however are sexy as hell together.

12. askmelast79 says:

Zoe and Reese? Together? Ew!

13. miche says:

Carter and Reese have great chemistry! If the writers and directors wanted them to display romantic interest I am sure these talented actors can do it. I am sure if they wanted Carter to push herself on Reese like other female characters it would be done. Writers just messing with the viewers’ minds. IMO Reese really don’t have the capacity to love anyone including “Miss Flirty”. Are the writers tring to tell us that Carter’s favorite flavor/color is chocolate?

14. mia says:

I’m a bit bothered by the fact that they have a badass lady on the show and for “character development” they have to give her a love interest. Please, that’s so boring and stereotypical. I love Carter because she exists outside the norms of what female characters are expected to do.

• Sally says:

Eh, Reese and Finch have had love interests so far. Reese has Jessica in his past, and Zoe in his present. Finch has Grace in his past and potentially in the present.

So, why should Carter be the only main character with no love interest?

• miche says:

If the show has to show its human side then it’s okay for Carter to have a love interest even with Reese if they choose to go there. It would interesting Reese had Jessica. I wouldn’t categorize Reese and Zoe as a pair although she pursues him but I don’t see the romantic interest on his part .

15. Barbara says:

Notice they said potential love interest. He’s just one more red herring. I think the end game is Carter and Reese who has great chemistry -sexually or otherwise. I however don’t see any chemistry between Reese and Zoe. I always get annoyance on Reese’s part.

16. trice says:

End game is Carter and Reese Jonathan Nolan already spoiled it anyway
    the first half of the season .Carter was chasing Reese, how many time have
    reese played Carter bodyguard ?Jonathan Nolan is playing games with
    Carter and Reese fans and to see how far he can get away with it before
    start to threaten him.

17. Rai says:

It’s Gordon!!

18. vanessa says:

eww I want Carter and Reese

19. kai says:

If hes gonna be carters love interest, he better shave that stache.

20. Adetutu says:

i would love to see reese and carter in a romantic way.