Exclusive

Exclusive: Warren Kole Joins Fox's Serial Killer Thriller The Following in Major Recurring Role

Fox’s upcoming psychological thriller is gaining quite The Following.

Common Law‘s Warren Kole has landed a killer recurring role in the Kevin Williamson-produced midseason drama, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Kole will play Roderick, a devotee of Joe Carroll (played by James Purefoy), a recently escaped serial killer originally captured by Kevin Bacon‘s FBI agent Ryan Hardy. Roderick is one of Joe’s most important followers and does many of his twisted master’s most crucial tasks.

RELATED | Scoop: Ex-Law & Order ADA Annie Parisse Joins Fox’s Serial Killer Thriller The Following

Before playing Wes, one of the leads on USA Network’s recently cancelled Common Law, Kole had roles on Rizzoli & Isles, 24, Medium and Third Watch.

The Following debuts on Monday, Jan. 21 at 9/8c.

1. Linda says:

Common Law was officially cancelled? Dang it, I was still holding on to a tiny bit of hope.

2. Moe says:

Cool! He was my fave on Common Law. Really enjoyed that show, wish it had been picked up.

3. Kaw says:

Thought he might join the SHIELD tv series considering his role in the Avengers. Guess there is still a chance.

Also he was great in the Chicago Code!

4. how is The Following different from Cult?

• Lauren says:

Cult is meta…having to do with a TV show and the “cult fandom” of it. The Following…well a serial killer has fans. Caught the pilot at New York Comic Con…pretty good and surprised its on FOX, looks more fit for cable.

5. Sg.Grant says:

I was hoping he’d join SHIELD.

6. Dee says:

Yea I don’t think an official announcement was ever made by USA regarding Common Law. It’s odds of getting renewed though are low which is why some are just saying it’s cancelled cause they figured we would have heard by now. I shall await the official word!

7. Alia says:

Common Law was really interesing and funny. I really liked it :-(

8. Same Axe (AJ) says:

I thought Common Law was dreadfully horrible, mostly due to his character.

9. MJ says:

Yes….this is the first thing I have heard that Common Law was cancelled. I really liked that show.

10. Lauren says:

WOW congrats to Warren for landing a role on The Following! He really does “psycho” well (see his Masters of Horror episode think its called Pick Me Up). Yeah never heard officially from USA regarding Common Law…hmmm.

If Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega are reading this….get Michael Ealy on The Following :)

11. GeoDiva says:

Bummer about Common Law. My daughter and I enjoyed it.

12. DC says:

Common Law was officially cancelled by USA. I believe I read it on via Deadline Hollywood towards the end of the Summer.

13. catbean says:

Happy for him but sad for Common Law. I loved that show and he was my favorite part. I was going to watch The Following anyway so now it will be even better.

14. Ram510 says:

Well hopefully he’s better on this show than Common Law cause he was terrible

15. cleopatra says:

Love it the news that my Boo is working again. Warren go ahead baby u r the most talent actors ever.I will be FOLLOWING u whatever u go… U know that…

16. Georgia says:

Good to hear Warren has a new role! *Add The Following to my watching list*

17. M says:

COMMON LAW…WHY?!

18. Cheryl says:

I loved Common Law too sad it was Glad Warren Kole is on The following not too happy hes a twisted cold blooded follower of a very cold blooded twisted Joe

19. Carol says:

I was just watching The Following and it was driving me nuts who the actor was playing Roderick.

I still can’t believe they cancelled Common Law. It was a great show.

20. Nancy says:

I am with everybody on cancelling Common Law, I really liked it too. However, strangely enough, I am watching “The Following”. I saw him and went, “I KNOW HIM!” But I couldn’t place where or who he was. I checked IMDB, full cast and crew and he’s not listed. I checked FOX/The following, he’s not listed. My daughter and I checked Common Law for his name, then checked his credits on IMDB and it’s not listed. This is like Hollywood’s best kept secret.

His name however did appear in the very beginning of the show. As stated above, Roderick is supposedly a major recurring role in the show, I just can’t believe that he’s not listed. (Thank you, TVline.com for letting me sleep tonight!)