25 Actors We Want Back on TV Right Now

Get More: Photo Gallery

Temperatures may be dropping across the nation, but pilot season is heating up. And that got us thinking about some of our favorite actors and actresses who’ve gone too long without juicy series-regular roles.

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Gossip Girl, Private Practice, Last Resort, Broke Girls and More

A few of ‘em have only been MIA for a season or so. Some have been relegated to years of guesting gigs. Others have IMDb pages with less activity than Rick Santorum’s Presidential campaign site. But today, we advocate for an end to their collective dry season. Behold: The 25 Actors We Want Back on TV Right Now!

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Psych, Fringe, Nikita, Dexter, Grey’s, Once, P’hood and More!

Click through our photo gallery below, then hit the comments to tell us which picks we got right, which ones made you say “Huh?” and who you’d add to this Pilot Season wish list!

Tags:

Comments (387)

• Georgina Haig – Fringe. Just killed off last week and missed already.

Elaine Cassidy – Harper’s Island. She was the best thing about that show.

Comment by Matt Hickman (@hemo_jr) – October 29, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brendan & Holloway. Ambrose & Ferreira. Griffiths & St. Patrick. Chandler. Neuwirth.

Add to list: Ben Browder. Ron Glass. Evangeline Lilly. Zachary Levi. GIovanni Ribisi. Gillian Anderson. Ruben Santiago-Hudson.

Also the entire cast of Eureka. Preferably just bring back Eureka altogether (and have the Science Channel do it instead of SyFy).

Comment by act_on_love – October 29, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With regard to your comments about Eureka…………….. THIS, THIS, OH GOD, THIS.

(goes for a lie down)

Comment by Bouncy Castle – October 30, 2012 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree so much about Jason Dohring, but I need Tom Welling more than anything! Come back Tom! stop playing golf and go back to my screen dude Y_Y!

Comment by Celita – October 29, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes to Jason Dohring please! Please have him play a bad ass too!

Comment by Tina B. – October 29, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Josh Holloway doesn’t deserve to be on this list for at least another two years. Sawyer got way more story and meatier than his character deserved, and Holloway needs a longer hiatus. Naveen Andrews is the lost alum who should get another chance in a significant 1a-1b role-very underserved.

Comment by Derek Johnson – October 29, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I second the request for America Ferrera. I would also love to see Milo Ventimiglia back on tv!

Comment by Paige – October 29, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Milo!! I hadn’t thought of him.

Comment by tp – October 29, 2012 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason Isaacs please! I’m still upset that Awake was canceled. Also, yes to Josh Holloway, but in a comedy please…he’s darn funny and has a ridiculously adorable giggle!

Comment by zaza – October 29, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ally Walker?? annoying as hell!!!

Hell ya to sawyer and Logan!!

Comment by Shadester – October 29, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Janel Moloney and Bradley Whitford.

Comment by Julia – October 29, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ian McShane should be number one.

Comment by Walkie – October 29, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adam Brody, Wentworth Miller, Majandra Delfino, Brendan Fehr, Liza Weil, Scott Patterson, Milo Ventimiglia, Alexis Bledel, Kathryn Morris, Gregory Smith…

Comment by kateshomesick – October 29, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was one of the few fans of Legend of the Seeker and I would like to see Craig Horner back. I know he did a pilot called Joey Dakota. Premise sounded good so I don’t know what happened.

Comment by GeeMa – October 29, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I miss Bridget Regan!

Comment by Dusty – October 29, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ben Browder of Farscape and Party of Five deserves his own show.

Comment by Rita – October 29, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jewel Staite, Summer Glau, Dominic West, Naveen Andrews.

Comment by Grumpy Dachshund – October 29, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Cavanagh, Chi McBride, Sharon Leal (Hellcats doesn’t count), Michael T. Weiss, Salli Richardson, Erica Cerra, Aunjanue Ellis. I agree with Jason Dohring but I liked him more on Moonlight than VM.

Comment by tp – October 29, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Steve Harris, now that Awake is cancelled.

Comment by tp – October 29, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James Marsters – immediately!

Comment by tucker – October 29, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes to all! All amazing choices! I am especially partial to Jason Dohring, Nick Brendon and everyone from Six Feet Under. Oh yes and Josh Holloway.

Comment by Sarah – October 29, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason Dohring was amazing in “Moonlight”, loved Kyle Chandler on “First Edition”, loved Ally Walker on “Profiler”, miss Zachary Levi and Tom Welling-would love to see all of these on my tv screen again real soon

Comment by TexasGreatGrams – October 29, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There seems to be an error with your list. There is no Tom Welling on it. This should be rectified.

Comment by Brookie – October 29, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, Nicolas Brendon is on TV. He’s on Criminal Minds as Garcia’s boyfriend. But I agree with a number of these; especially Cheri Oteri! She needs to guest star on Suburgatory ASAP.

Comment by matthew c – October 29, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would be a happy girl if Sawyer, Coach Taylor, and Xander were back in my life on a weekly basis!

Comment by Amy – October 29, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I went someone to give Alia Shawkat a sitcom!

Comment by Sean D – October 29, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JASON DOHRING =D 100% YES

Comment by Tedi – October 29, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zachary Levi??? #1 on my list also James Marsters (Spike for Buffy)

Comment by April – October 29, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Xander back on my TV!

Comment by BabyFirefly – October 29, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason Dohring and Kyle Chandler for sure!
    But I would also add Michael Rosenbaum!

Comment by Charlotte – October 29, 2012 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adam Baldwin NOW!!, and Jason Wiles and Vincent D’onofrio would be nice too. But I want Adam Baldwin on TV NOW! (stamps foot) (also I want HBO’s Vorenus and Pullo back!) Oh, and Mark Valley too. BUT ADAM BALDWIN NOW.

Comment by Ali – October 29, 2012 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sean Faris is awesome! I miss Life as We Know It!

Sabrina Lloyd we miss you! Sports Night reunion movie anyone?

Comment by Midori004 – October 29, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fully agreed on David Hyde Pierce and Bebe Neuwirth.

Comment by Angela – October 29, 2012 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d follow Kyle Chandler anywhere.

Seriously, would love to see him back, but it’s got to be in a uber good role/show … maybe on cable. He/we deserve(s) no less.

Comment by Dolphin – October 29, 2012 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adam Brody, Jason Dohring, Kyle Chandler, Nicholas Brendon, Rachel Griffiths…..Where are the casting people? Get them back on tv people!

Comment by nikkie – October 29, 2012 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would definitely add Kelly Williams…Ooooh, I miss her…

Comment by Bonnie – October 29, 2012 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sabrina Lloyd? I can’t believe no one’s chimed in on her! “SportsNight” was Sorkin at prime, and Sabrina’s “Natalie” was sublime and goofy. Her role on “Ed” was great, and she performed the heck out of it. I had stopped watching “Numb3rs” by the time she came on the show (and wouldn’t have even known about it if not for IMDB). I’d LOVE to see her on my TV again!

Comment by Beej – October 30, 2012 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really miss seeing the work of Images Loading, too! Please come back; you’re sorely missed.

Comment by snarka – October 30, 2012 01:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, add Paget Brewster to your list.

Comment by Géraldine – October 30, 2012 02:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Welling

Comment by Mark – October 30, 2012 03:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matthew Rhys. He was fabulous in Brothers & Sisters.

Comment by Bouncy Castle – October 30, 2012 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tracie Ellis Ross is on a show on BET.

Comment by MJ – October 30, 2012 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surely we miss the fantastic and beautiful Tom Welling. TOM must return to work immediately!

Comment by LAURA – October 30, 2012 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please TOM WELLING back on my TV, the break has lasted too and we fans are losing patience. Tom is always the best!

Comment by sofia green – October 30, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes I want Tom W.

Comment by margot – October 30, 2012 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JAMES MARSTERS!

Comment by Patti – October 30, 2012 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to see Jason Dohring on Good Wife. Josh Holloway was amazing in Mission Impossible 4, I’d like to see him do more films. Josh…sigh!

Comment by dolleyes – October 30, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Tracee Ellis Ross is still on Reed Between the Lines? Last i heard that show was renewed?

Comment by linda – October 30, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hugh Laurie and Josh Holloway, just too good not to be seen every week.

Comment by Bill – October 30, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s the love for James Marsters? Sure, after Buffy there was Angel and Smallville and Caprica and Torchwood and Supernatural and a tiny snippet in Hawaii 5-0, but sheesh! He has a huge fan base. I’d settle for a supporting role or even a meaty guest-villain arc.

Comment by Poppy Buxom (@PoppyBuxom) – October 30, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, yes, yes to Jason Dohring!! Love him!
    Cheri O’Teri was SO talented on SNL and I have always wondered why she did not move onto some quality projects as a few other SNL’rs have been able to do.
    I will go one step further with Jay Harrington…just bring back “Better Off Ted!”

Comment by Jo – October 30, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Lena Olin? Irina Derevko is still one my favourite tv vilain!

Comment by Eva – October 30, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES. Lauren Ambrose, Rachel Griffiths, and Mathew St. Patrick. See a pattern here? I especially need Lauren Ambrose to return. Since Six Feet Under (which is my favorite series ever) she has yet to find a nice gig, afaik. :(

Comment by Vetle – October 30, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post