Hot Video: The Carrie Diaries Introduces the Fabulous Ms. Bradshaw, Age 16

The Carrie Diaries is set to premiere on The CW this January. And if you couldn’t help but wonder what the Sex and the City prequel looks like, it’s time to kick off your Manolos and dig in.

RELATED | Series Scoop: The CW Picks Carrie Diaries and Four Others

The promo below gives you a sense of the 1984-set dramedy, which chronicles Carrie Bradshaw’s adolescent years. A 16-year-old Carrie (Soul Surfer‘s AnnaSophia Robb) interns in New York City, where a run-in with a chic style editor (Doctor Who‘s Freema Agyeman) sparks the future columnist’s warm and fuzzy feelings about Manhattan. Of course, she still has her pals back home (as well as a hot transfer student played by Switched at Birth‘s Austin Butler) to help her survive high school in suburban Connecticut.

RELATED | First Look: Meet The CW’s New Carrie Bradshaw

Press PLAY on the video below to get a glimpse of the new series based on Candace Bushnell‘s young adult novels, then hit the comments with your take on the midseason drama.

1. Mare says:

Looks quite interesting! It’s a pretty girly show, But it’s about hope, love and carreer !

2. Shar says:

This looks a lot like “jane By Design”. Who ripped off whom?

3. Mairead says:

Looks cute.

4. Elf says:

I wonder if Daivd Duchovny’s highschool boyfriend character will be around.

5. Brandy says:

I can’t wait!

6. Patricia says:

Looks cute not sure if it’s for me

7. Amanda says:

Can’t wait for this!

8. G says:

I hope this becomes huge.

9. Till says:

it doesn’t feel like it’s set in the 80s, where are the big hairs, the mullets, the shoulder pads, the new wave, the neon colors?

10. Babybop says:

I never watched Sex and the City ( I was too young to see it when it was on TV), but I’ll give this a shot. It looks cute!

11. Stephanie says:

Recently released my foot… This clip has been out for months. That being sad I’ve watched it like ten times already, really excited for this.

12. Joe says:

That looks horrible! lol

13. Phil says:

I really want the CW to suceed but… really? Anna Sophia Robb aside (she’s cute and deserves better), the show has to flop! Either way, the CW will keep the show until 2016 getting less than a 0.2 rating.

14. Cody says:

so you see a black person and you immediately think they are trying to steal your purse lol

other than that this looks surprisingly OK and better than some CW shows.

• Summer says:

Lol, it’s mostly because she’s from a small town in Connecticut and this is her first time in NYC.

• Keenan says:

OH PLEASE! Considering how close to her she was & where her hands were. It would matter to me if they were black, white, old, young, male, female i would of thought they were trying to rob me in that situation.

15. Evan says:

I watch this and still wonder how they may even try to make this work with SITC. Prequel shows starring family members who were never mentioned on the original show yet are prevalent here (cause we never saw or heard anything bout Carrie actually having family) always seem odd to me.

16. Polly says:

Martha Jones! XD

17. Fabe says:

They had a different promo out a few months ago that ended with “Like a Virgin” playing in the background. It made the show look better , in my opinion.

18. John DeMayo says:

AnnaSophia Robb deserves a better show.

19. KS says:

It’s a shame they did such a terrible casting job. I do not get the appeal of Robb.

20. Emily says:

The CW is picking up a lot of DW alums! Arrow is more up my alley than Carrie Diaries, though. Sorry, Martha Jones :(

21. JamieB says:

I am sorry but didn’t Carrie say that her father left when she was five in “A “Vogue” Idea” when the older guy asks if she had a father figure in her life. I can see them maybe playing it that he came back when her mom died, but i don’t know about this. I will with hold judgement till I watch the first episode I guess.

• sj says:

The show The Carrie Diaries is based off of the book, which is a spinoff of the novel Sex and the City (which the TV is VERY loosely based off of). You’ll probably see a lot of “plot holes” between the TV show Sex and the City and this show The Carrie Diaries, depending who they decide to be loyal to (the tv show or the book, SATC).

22. Kelley says:

Oh look, it’s a new season of “Jane By Design”!….oh wait.

23. James says:

Wow! It actually looks good and different from other things on Tv right now. Definitely watching!!!

24. Sierra says:

Lol Martha Jones as a style editor? Looks like she found life after the doctor xD

25. The Kaibosh says:

I like Sarah Jessica Parker. She’s always entertained me in pretty much everything she’s done. Sex in the City on HBO was also a very well regarded show. I personally didn’t watch but I know it was well received for many years. Having said all that I gotta say that this looks like one of the stupider shows out there and that Anna Sophia Robb is A LOT prettier than than Sarah Jessica Parker has ever been.

26. Olivia says:

I liked it, but I don’t see any resemblance between her and SJP’s Carrie.
    I may watch it as a new show if I forget about SATC.
    But, really, never liked Carrie Bradshaw, her relationships, her style, her writing, nothing. My favourite character was Charlotte.

• Philipp says:

I always liked Charlotte the least, even hated her a little at times, while I’ve been basically in love with Carrie since I was 13. Funny how that differs in people.

27. Philipp says:

HAHA that’s funny, the lead character’s name is Carrie Bradshaw, just like the lead on SatC. Can’t be the same girl though, as the REAL Carrie was 18 in 1984, not 16 and was living with just her mom since her dad ran out on them when she was little. Oh well, who pays attention to detail anyway, huh?

K, all kidding aside, this looks pretty bad. How does this have anything to do with SatC, it’s a disgrace to that great character SJP has perfected. Not gonna watch.

• Philipp says:

And also, did you see the height of the heels that style editor whatever she was was wearing, they wouldn’t have been wearing those shoes in the 80’s. They didn’t even wear heels that high in the first couple of seasons of the real show. But like I said, obviously no one cares about authenticity here.

28. heather says:

they should have used an actress to play carrie that was unknown i like this girl they have from soul surfer but not for this show. I am a huge sex and the city fan and i know this is some spin off to the book the carrie diaries which is a spin off from the sex and the city book…or something like that, its too confusing, i may watch the first episode and see how it is but im not sure if its for me. i think i will stick with the vampire diaries!! lol!! the men are hotter!!