Supernatural Hot Shots: Look Who's Back — and Meeting With Stargate's Amanda Tapping!

Lest you worry that The CW’s Supernatural had done something truly terrible to Castiel in purgatory, we’ve got a sneak peek at Season 8′s seventh episode (airing Nov. 14 at 9/8c), which reveals that the angel is alive and well.

PHOTOS | Supernatural Sneak Peek: Garth Is Back!

Or is he? While he seems physically OK and is back to full smiting abilities, Cas has no memory of how he escaped. And a new angel named Naomi (played by Stargate‘s Amanda Tapping) complicates things. As viewers know, the Winchesters’ trenchcoated pal has a complicated history with his own kind. Will Naomi be friend or foe?

Meanwhile, Kevin and his mom have gotten themselves into a bloody mess.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (29)

• more Amanda Tapping please

Comment by melly – October 26, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Less, less, less – pretty please.

Comment by Janine – October 31, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m actually starting to resent myself for looking at episode stills from future episodes, because I get so excited and hate that I have to wait so long for the episode to air. Haha. This season has been fantastic, and I expect it will continue to be so. Season GR8!

Comment by Mikaylah – October 26, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait !!!!!

Comment by Shelby – October 26, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so stoked to see TFW back together at last, and please may it continue until the very last episode of Supernatural. I am counting the days!

Comment by Kate – October 26, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • misha’s tie is on backwards lol

Comment by Steve – October 26, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it’s supposed to be that way, because Cas is so clueless, bless him!

Comment by joan – October 26, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castiel coming back – wonderful, perfect !
    Team free will working together as a whole – I AM ECSTATIC
    Also, the presence of angel plotlines makes me very happy. Kevin and his mom should stick around too :D

Comment by Tessa – October 26, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode looks EPIC!

Comment by Claudia (@cassopeia) – October 26, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mama Tran!

Comment by madhatter360 – October 26, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who really enjoy Lauren Tom’s character ? Badass mom !

Comment by Ben – October 26, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castiel! My favourite angel finally with Sam and Dean! TFW Forever!

Comment by rosa – October 26, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TEAM FREE WILL! bless you jeremy carver!

Comment by anbela – October 26, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited for this episode! I can’t wait to see more of Amanda Tapping, I’m a big fan. Plus Team Free Will, and Cas. :)

Comment by Deb – October 26, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited to see Linda Tran. And the fact that they have Sam with them makes me hopeful that we’ll get more moments like in 8×02 when he was open about losing his soul. Plus more Kevin Tran and Castiel. Team Free Will fighting together and seemingly on the same page. The tensions that come with being back together again after everything. Just…

ugh ugh I need these episodes like now.

Comment by oppar – October 26, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAYYYYYYYYYY

Comment by adam – October 26, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castiel vs Samantha Carter! That’s one hell of an epic sci-fi battle!

Comment by Michael Grooms – October 26, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dude!! The HEAVEN has an excellent decorator. Pretty room, Pretty angel. This episode looks EPIC!:-D

Comment by Mel – October 26, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhh this article hurt me.. Shouldn’t have read it :/

I would have loved to not see this coming ^^

Comment by Kreshnik – October 27, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • there cas is alive, now can everyone stop moaning and complaining about him on every supernatural related article? its getting a little old.
    really looking forward to amanda tapping showing up, she never gives anything less than her best performance so i could really see her scenes being a bit of a highlight.
    that shot of kevin covered in blood makes me think his mother might die, which i really, really dont want to happen she was fantastic earlier this season

Comment by Alan – October 27, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also hate that I look at spoilers, but can’t help it. Amanda and Misha WOW. I’m in Heaven.

Comment by soozee – October 27, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, is she supposed to be his mother? Bad actress so plank like and wooden she will ruin any episode she is in. Can her character soon please.

Comment by Janine – October 31, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to see Castiel back on the show :)

Comment by JC – October 27, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy that Cas is back with Sam and Dean TFW all the way yaay. I just hope they all stay together. The writers have to stop this trend of killing him of just to bring him back messed up every season its lazy and not entertaining. I hope cas is in season 9&10 if they do anymore after this season but im not holding my breath.They took Bobby from us in7 so i will just wait and see, cant wait to see that episode im excited.

Comment by debbie webster – October 27, 2012 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I literally have nothing coherent to say, because CAS!!!!! :flails:

Comment by Ella – October 28, 2012 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can anyone please explain what TFW means?
    other than that, i’m happy too to see Cas back with the brothers.

Comment by sana – October 30, 2012 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy to finally have Cas back. Any news on Meg? Really hoping they bring her back. I love the dynamic between Cas an Meg. and hope to see more of them together.

Comment by Bobbie – November 4, 2012 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post