The Good Wife Sneak Peek: Meet Cary's Dad! Plus, Christina Ricci Guest-Stars!

Good Wife fans concerned about Cary’s storyline — or lack thereof — this should please you: Viewers will be introduced to his dad (played by Gossip Girl’s John Shea) in the Nov. 11 episode (CBS, 9/8c), and we’ve got a sneak peek at the tense father-son reunion.

VIDEO | New Spoiler Alert!: Debating Polarizing Twists on Good Wife, Revenge, Scandal and More!

While on a business trip to Washington, D.C., with Alicia — they’re representing a comedienne (guest star Christina Ricci) being sued by a TV network for indecency — the Agos men meet up for a meal. We’re willing to bet it doesn’t go so well since, as we previously reported, pops is described as awkward and stiff. In fact, he’s the type who kicks his son out of the house at age 18, leaving him to fend for himself because that’s what his own father did to him.

Check out the gallery below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (21)

• This and the news that they are ending Nick/Kalinda storyline earlier made my day.

Comment by Lucy – October 26, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • where did you read the good news that they are ending that horrible nick/kalinda storyline? :)

Comment by tee – October 26, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hope it’s ok if I said it here…TV guide…

Comment by Lucy – October 26, 2012 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! Really looking forward to more Cary….finally!

Comment by Dee – October 26, 2012 11:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While I don’t think the Kings fully understand why Kalinda’s storyline has been a dud with viewers, I’m glad they are cutting it short. This (and getting more Cary on my screen) is great news!

Comment by big cheddar – October 27, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. The “You don’t give James Bond a girlfriend.” thing really bothered me. That’s NOT the reason why people didn’t like that storyline. But I’m also glad that they’re not going to waste other time with that plot (even if it seems that Cary and Alicia will be involved in the final chapter).

Comment by Lucy – October 28, 2012 12:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this means they’re actually giving Cary a storyline!

Comment by Mena – October 26, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for finally making something of Matt Czuchry’s brilliance!

Comment by Karen – October 26, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, Christina Ricci, F Murray Abraham and John Shea in the same episode? Sweet!!! Can’t wait.

Comment by Ana – October 26, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So in the space of a few weeks they will have on the show both Lionel Luthor (from Smallville) and Lex Luthor (Lois & Clark). If they cast Michael Rosenbaum, it will complete the Luthor trifecta!

Comment by Joe – October 26, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually they would need to cast Cassidy Freedman and Michael Rosenbaum to make a Luthor trifecta of the Smallville persuasion.

Comment by Alicia L. – October 26, 2012 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally, the spotlight’s on Cary! Can’t wait!

Comment by Lorie – October 26, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cary is SO boring…I have not missed him. But given the choice between him and the even more boring Kalinda/husband storyline, I’ll take him

Comment by mia – October 26, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lex Luthor!!

Comment by Liz – October 27, 2012 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My first thought too. I’m happy to be seeing more Cary as ell.

Comment by suzi – October 27, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Between hiring John Shea and last week the actor who played opposing counsel being same the actor who played Lionel Luthor on Smallville — I think it’s clear that The Good Wife loves Superman! :)

Comment by Jesse – October 27, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hadn’t seen John Shea as Cary’s dad yet, but again they have made a great choice by picking him as Gary’s dad! Great casting, as always. Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Comment by Caro – October 27, 2012 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • (Gossip Girl’s)Blair’s dad = Cary’s dad —- this is exciting! xD

Comment by Tücsi Rácz (@tucsibogar) – October 27, 2012 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE Christina Ricci, but I hate when she lightens her hair! :-/