Hot Videos: Castle Has Some 'Splaining to Do!

Get More: Video

Castle Season 5This Monday on ABC’s Castle — as if you didn’t know, but I’ll play along — Rick is pulled into the 12th Precinct’s crosshairs as the evidence stacks up in the murder of a young woman.

Already, TVLine gave you an exclusive look at the scene in which Esposito shares with Beckett one curious piece of evidence. Ah, but that is merely the first unsettling discovery.

PHOTOS | Castle Gets Its Comic-Con On — Maybe Featuring an Out-of-this-World Cameo?

In the first of the clips below, a new clue surfaces, though Captain Gates, for one, isn’t one to rush to judgement. In the second clip, however, a devastating one-two punch threatens to KO the Caskett trust for good.

Loading video...

Loading video...

Tags:

Comments (26)

• Ooh.. I wonder if Rick will get out of this predicament .. Said no one ever. I’m sure it will be a fun story, but we all know its a farce or the show would end. :P

Comment by Dark Defender – October 26, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol Dark Defender. It does look like a fun show to watch. Agree with your terms “predicament” and “farce”, I almost expected to hear someone say breathlessly “and how will we get from the gym back to the classroom without Mr. Belding seeing us?”

Comment by april-ann – October 26, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I told myself I was going to go sneak peek free for this episode because I’m so excited about. All these teases are so tempting my will power!!

Comment by Andrea – October 26, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay. We all know castle isn’t guilty. Duh. But this episode is the first test for Caskett. It will be nice to see how they get through it. I am. Curious about why Esposito is being hostile some toward castle. At least that’s what it seems to me.

Comment by leigh – October 26, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope there’s more to this episode than just this mess. I mean, Castle, Beckett, Ryan, and Esposito have worked together for over 4 years. I don’t buy that Beckett would be up in Castle’s face, at this point in their relationship, asking him to explain things to her, knowing that this is not something he would do in the first place. Shouldn’t her reaction be “we need to figure out who is doing this to you. We need to figure out how someone is accessing your accounts…..how did they alter this video?”…etc etc. Plus….anyone who’s had blanket access to the NYPD for 4 years, AND writes crime novels for a living would never be so stupid as to leave evidence lying around in his house! This just seems like a weak attempt at putting some bump in the road for the Caskett relationship. It seems kinda lame, and I say that as someone who loves this show. If they do go through with this farce, I certainly hope it ends with Castle being pretty pissed at the other three for a while.

Comment by Alichat – October 26, 2012 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you. This just stretches the boundaries of how much we are supposed to “accept” as viewers. It’s ridiculous and makes me mad that they are even playing this out. Much as I have enjoyed the show, this leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Comment by Liana in San Diego – October 26, 2012 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree, however as of right now im keeping all of that out of my mind, hoping the episode (like some on here say) will explain things better than the teasers. Idk. Castle’s story writing has never been on the strong side in quality and depth. So take Castle for what it is IMO. A show to see Fillion being a awesome version of himself with a hot cool detective (Katic) and a awesome gorgeous daughter (Quinn) with 2 funny cool cops on the side.

Comment by M3rc Nate – October 26, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t buy that a writer can follow a detective in all her cases and here we are five seasons later…

Comment by JAA – October 26, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Could it be that they are collaborating and bringing Castle in, so that they can catch the real killer somehow? sort of like a bait-and-switch? IDK maybe there’s more to it

Comment by Nat – October 28, 2012 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This should be an interesting one! Looking forward to finding out what the real story is here… because it’s certainly not that Castle is a murderer, duh.

Comment by April – October 26, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is getting framed so well. It will be a good story, but like Beckett says, “The evidence isn’t everything.”

Comment by Teri – October 26, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At some point in the episode, Kate’s gonna have to be his alibi.

Comment by Reba – October 26, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Im wondering if this will be the point of the episode as well.

Comment by M3rc Nate – October 26, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This was my first thought exactly! And it will be difficult because it will obviously raise questions and/or reveal them…it’d be interesting to see them try and dodge it

Comment by Nat – October 28, 2012 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sigh. It’s a sweeps period, time to roll out the ridiculous plot lines. I really don’t have much tolerance for this sort of silliness. Does anyone really believe Castle is a murderer? C’mon guys, at least make an attempt to come up with an original idea.

Comment by Tom – October 26, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Does anyone really think the point of the episode is to make us believe he could be a murderer? Of course not. The point is to put an interesting twist on the case of the week and see what it does to all of the relationships. It’s affected Gates – even she doesn’t seem to think he did it and speaks somewhat favorably about Castle. Would she have done that in any other situation that didn’t involve creepy dolls? No, so it moves their relationship along a bit. People need to remember these are < 2 minute clips of 45 minutes worth of television, and they're likely from the first 10-15 minutes. Lots of show after this.

Comment by Katherine215 – October 26, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shows especially like this one, makes me wonder what they would look like as a 16 episode a season show. So the first 7, then the 8th be a mid-season finale, then the 9th be a mid-season premier (in-between being a 1-2 week break). I think it would be better because it would remove filler episodes which with 19-22 episode American TV seasons, is over whelming. Especially in a show like Castle where its strong suit is not the writing in regards to the procedural cases.
    The more british tv shows we Americans watch, the more we appreciate the mini-series, 10 episode, 13 episode approach. The fewer the episodes, the higher the quality, the better the writing, the more succinct the plot(s), and overall the more fun to watch. This influence can be seen on US Cable shows (such as The Walking Dead) among others, and even the networks are starting to gravitate towards it.
    Its weird to say “i want less Castle! Its better that way!” But I’ll take quality over quantity every single day of the week. Id rather have 13 high quality, well thought out, smart, Castle episodes than a 22 ep season and honestly 14 of the 22 being filler, and of the 8 “non filler, good episodes” most likely us not all agreeing on all 8 of them being great.

Comment by M3rc Nate – October 26, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gotta agree with you. This was especially the case with House where the quality suffered due to the number of episodes. If it was the standard 10-13 episodes, I might have continued to watch after the first two seasons. That’s probably why I prefer the Bit shows over American shows.

This is why cable shows work better since they do produce fewer episodes and most of the time beats network television in quality.

Comment by crochetowl – October 26, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Absolutely, and House is a Fantastic example of American TV at its worst in regards to a Great premise, AMAZING actors, good writers, but because of the amount of episodes (and open ended amount of seasons) the show suffers in a big way.
        Its a separate issue not really related to Castle, but that’s the other BIG thing American TV does wrong. They stay open ended to make as much money as possible, to be employed as long as possible, instead of trying to create a story: beginning, middle and END. They have fantastic beginning’s, the middles are mainly filler and never ending, then when announced its the last season about to get canceled, the ending doesn’t have the heart and thought put into it like the beginning did, so almost always at a ending of a show, we the fans since day 1 are disappointed.

Comment by M3rc Nate – October 26, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes. Like Lost for example.

Comment by bobbye – October 27, 2012 01:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “The evidence isn’t the whole story. Castle’s taught me that.” Way to go Beckett!

Comment by Mari – October 26, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol i really hope a detective for the NYPD, let alone their “best” detective…knew before a B rate novelist started consulting/partnering with her, that “the evidence isn’t the whole story”.

Comment by M3rc Nate – October 26, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hate when they try to pull episodes like this later in a series’ run. We kind of did one like this in season 3, though granted that was pretty much entirely played for laughs. This one now played for serious… I don’t buy it. I dunno, maybe if I see the actual episode monday I’ll change my tune (and I still do intend to watch), but at the moment it feels like the Precinct just got its shipment of idiot balls in.

Comment by Peter – October 26, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand: do people think that that’s the point? They wanna show how C & B deal with it. They’re not gonna break up, he’s not a murderer, he won’t be arrested – does anyone even think that?

Comment by Ann – October 26, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chances are that where I am there will not be any electric service tomorrow night and after seeing these two clips I will be very anxious to see the actual ep……..

Comment by LadyC – October 28, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As usual the sneak peeks are misleading. I think this episode will show how deep the trust is between the DD, and how determined KB is to prove RC’s innocents. The question will be who went to all that trouble to plant the evidence and frame RC.

Comment by lame – October 29, 2012 02:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post