USA Network Expands Reality Slate With Law Series, Gambling Pilot

A pair of real-life Suits will help USA Network expand its reality fare next year.

The network has ordered to series Partners in Crime, a “docu-soap” that follows criminal defense attorneys Mario Gallucci and Big Lou Gelormino. The series, which will chronicle the law partners’ big cases and dramatic family lives, is scheduled to debut in 2013.

RELATED | Pilot Scoop: Denis Leary’s USA Comedy Sirens Enlists Modern FamilyScrubs Actors

In addition, the cabler has greenlit a pilot for All In, a reality show that centers on unbelievably lucky handicapper Brandon Lang as he helps an unsuspecting family try to win massive amounts of money through high-stakes gambling.

The network also is developing an unscripted project tentatively titled The Cowboy Way, which chronicles the lives of workers on a struggling Texas cattle ranch.

RELATED | Renewal Scoop: USA Network Orders More White Collar, Covert Affairs and Royal Pains

Partners in Crime joins The Moment (which gives average joes a second chance at their dream careers) and The Choir (in which a choirmaster unites groups of people through song), both ordered to series earlier this year. Production on the cabler’s previously announced Bride or Best Man pilot (which puts a groom and best man in charge of a couple’s wedding) is scheduled to begin in November.

1. sia says:

uhhhhh, not sure how I feel about this….

2. Zak says:

Can someone explain to me the appeal of reality shows. I have never been able to watch one knowing going in that everything is scripted and overly hyped up. I have enjoyed most of the shows USA as put out over the years, but I don’t foresee myself ever watching any of those shows.

3. Todd says:

Not interested in any of them. Passing on all.

4. Katie says:

Reality TV replacing shows like Fairly Legal and Common Law? No thanks.

5. Mikaylah says:

USA network, one of the reasons I like you so much is that you DON’T have reality shows. I ignore you on wrestling days already as it is. I’ve already lost Syfy to the reality TV juggernaut, don’t make me lose you too.

6. intelliwoman says:

Fairly legal was the worst show they ever had on USA. I do watch Covert Affairs, Burn Notice and Ryal Pains, and I usually check out new things on USA

7. Gumpopper says:

Not happy about the news. The USA Network was my safe haven from reality TV.

8. Irena Gallo says:

Note to USA Programmers: We. Do. NOT. Want. Reality TV shows from USA!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9. Kristina says:

Gross. So sick of crappy reality shows taking over the networks!

10. Chris says:

yuck. I hate reality tv. I hope USA is not going to let reality TV completely take over the network.

11. k says:

This worries me. USA has some fantastic original programming and I don’t understand why they think the next idea is to do reality. I won’t watch any of them because they don’t sound good. I’d much rather they show more NCIS and Law & Order if they have time slots to fill than bringing in reality shows. I don’t think it will get more people to watch their station.

12. bobbie says:

are those all reality shows? UGH!!!

13. Jason says:

Why do the programmers have to screw up USA by adding reality shows. Its one of my favorite cable networks. Psych, Covert Affairs, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, and Common Law are good shows with great casts. Most of the USA network’s original programming is better than most of the TV shows appearing on the non-cable networks.

Reality TV shows are cheap, unoriginal, and just plain lame and after a while they get really repetitive. How many times can we watch trucks drive up and down Alaska’s Dalton Highway on Ice Road Truckers or see people catch alligators on Swamp People? These are two shows not on USA but I think it helps to prove my point.

A lot of reality TV shows seemed to be staged to create drama. Is USA becoming cheap and lazy – like its sister channel the SyFy channel which has created more reality shows than original progamming? I miss you, Eureka!!!

If the need for reality TV is so great, then create a separate network for it. Leave the rest of us out of it.

14. Ashley says:

Damn, USA was the place I went to *escape* crappy reality shows. If they get rid of any of my most welcome characters for this junk? This will not be okay.

15. Ryan says:

Disappointing. I used to watch at least the first one or two episodes of all new USA shows because of the network’s reputation. This changes things.

16. Steve T says:

I watch every original series on USA. I won’t watch one minute of a reality show. Be careful USA. Don’t go to the darkside of programming.

17. Irish says:

Let’s hope the people with the all-important “Nielsen” boxes feel the same way as everyone here, because unfortunately, that’s all that counts. What we need is a ratings system change so that it reflects the true opinions of the TV public.

18. mia says:

If making this stuff ensures more seasons of Pysch and Political Animals, than they can make as much reality crap as they want

19. Ram510 says:

This is a terrible idea. But it makes me wonder with an already full schedule where will they put these reality shows and the slate of upcoming comedies? Maybe they’ll expand to having the reality shows on at 8 like how they added the 3rd hour of Raw