NBC Orders Additional Chicago Fire Scripts

Get More: News

It’s not a full-season pickup, but it’s the next best thing.

NBC has ordered five more scripts of Chicago Fire, our sister site Deadline reports.

The move indicates that the Peacock net has faith that the Dick Wolf-produced drama will continue to grow.

RELATED | Jeffrey DeMunn Previews Chicago Fire Gig

The network’s confidence is likely bolstered by the freshman drama’s ratings rise this week. It drew 6.3 million total viewers and scored a 1.8 demo rating, up 8 and 20 percent week-to-week. It also became the first new drama of the season to come within a tenth of its premiere rating.

Tags: ,

Comments (23)

• YAY YAY YAY YAY

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 25, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s such a perfect cast the writing needs to improve a bit and it’ll all be there so I’m holding out hope and sticking to the show.

Comment by tht19 – October 25, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked last nights episode. That poor kid.

I hope that scumbag cop gets whats coming to him.

Comment by Dee – October 25, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jesse Spencer was awesome in the last episode! I hope they write more good episodes for him!

Comment by Milla – October 25, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say I am really enjoying the show. I agree that the writing could be a tad bit better, but the cast of actors the show has is amazing and they all gel really well with one another. Here’s hoping to a full season pickup…I am excited to see where this show is heading!!

Comment by Anne – October 25, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! I hope NBC keeps the faith and more ppl check it out because it is a solid drama and outside the cop doctor shows on. I also love they don’t focus on one rescue, there’s many in every episode.

Comment by Isabelle – October 25, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really enjoying this show so far. Hope NBC will stick with it.

Comment by Terry – October 25, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With episode 3 they really stepped it up a notch! We have to thank Jesse Spencer for that, shows that he learned from the best!

Comment by Jon Sean – October 25, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m actually enjoying this show more than Nashville. Lady night’s ep was really good! Fingers crossed!

Comment by Michelle – October 25, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First new drama to come within a tenth of its premiere rating? Um, didn’t Arrow tie its premiere rating?

Comment by Katie Hart – October 25, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think so far it is a really great show with a lot of promise. Glad to see NBC has some faith in it.

Comment by CJ – October 25, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love the show!! Love Taylor kinney! I really hope the ratings continue to rise!!!

Comment by BB – October 25, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy I love this show! It is so great! The cast is wonderful and the storylines are superb! IMO way better than Nashville!!!

Comment by sarah – October 26, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really hope this show does well. I’m loving it so far!

Comment by Magically Suspicious – October 26, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jesse Spencer is so good in this show! The 3rd episode really showed what they can do, I hope this show soon gets the ratings it deserves ;)

Comment by Shelly – October 27, 2012 12:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With the 3rd episode the show improved 100% from the pilot I hope the critics (I’m looking at you TVLineNews) will start to show it some love now! Gotta love Jesse Spencer as Lt Casey!

Comment by Kim – October 27, 2012 03:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show should be called Sexy Firefighters and air on ABC. That is not a compliment.

Comment by AlanSaysYo – October 27, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show could be made better with a few female firefighters – it’s too old school with all the guys in the traditional roles. Other than that the acting and scripts are good.

Comment by Deanna – October 30, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has GREAT potential it may do really well. I really miss Third watch and this
    if it stays will make me a happy guy. Great job Wolf productions!

Comment by corey – October 30, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loooooveee this show!!!!! Love the paramedics and firefighting.

Comment by Mel – November 1, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great Start. Need to let the characters develop more. needs more depth in the relationships. don’t go overvoard with love interests. keep it moving at the current pace.

Comment by Hanna – November 14, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really lovin this show. Great cast, great stories and so nice to see a show not all about docs and cops!! NBC stick with this one – PLEASE!!

Comment by Melanie – January 30, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post