The Vampire Diaries Sneak Peek: Damon Teaches Elena a Bloody Important Lesson

Now that The Vampire Diaries‘ Elena has figured out she needs blood from the vein — and a human one! — Damon thinks a frat party is a good place to give her a tutorial in choosing a victim. But in the following sneak peek from next Thursday’s episode (The CW, 8/7c), the elder Salvatore brother is the one with all the blood on his hands face.

RELATED | Vampire Diaries First Look: Rebekah Seeks Matt’s Forgiveness — Will They Kiss and Make Up?

The hour also takes viewers back to 12th-century Italy as a big secret involving the Originals is unearthed. We’ve already given you a look at Rebekah in the period flashbacks, and now we’ve got a preview of Klaus and Elijah sporting some questionable hair.

Check out the gallery below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (38)

• Is it wrong that I still think Damon is sexy, even with blood all over his face?

Comment by Babybop – October 24, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh thank God i’m not the only one

Comment by Lena – October 24, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think what’s wrong is that I find him sexier.

Comment by Kristi – October 24, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it’s wrong, I don’t want to be right.

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – October 24, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think he is sexy no matter what he does!

Comment by hil – October 25, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • not wrong, i didn’t thing it was even possible, but damon is getting even sexier every day!

Comment by maria – November 5, 2012 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good lord, they are all sexy!

Comment by vanessa – October 24, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mmmm… hot guys in period costume. Yes please.

Comment by Jane – October 24, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That awful hair makes them look skanky!

Comment by Gina – October 24, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both Damon and Elena just have horrible judgement.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – October 24, 2012 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ELIJAH!

Comment by Livia – October 24, 2012 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon instead of having a frat party , it seem more like you should have had a halloween party for Elena , that would have been the perfect choice for her to choose her victims , because after all she is a vampire , guys thanks for sending the email .

Comment by June – October 24, 2012 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klaus’ hair is actually kind of pretty in a 70s teen idol kind of way. Elijah’s hair not so much…

Comment by Mo – October 24, 2012 11:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually disagree — sort of. I think Elijah’s hair looks sexy too!

Comment by LS – October 25, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why I feel like this plot has been done in every season? A vampire teaches a new vampire how to choose their victims? Remember Damon and her mentor? I know it’s different vampires, but still they should not go with the same plot.

Comment by Leo – October 25, 2012 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I unfortunately think that a lot of things are going to be recycled every season. It seems there is no end in sight to the Stefan/Damon/Elena love traingle. We will be in season 8 and still doing the same old thing.

Comment by Kelly – October 25, 2012 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes I agree too, unfortunately. I’m staying with this show until the end but it’s frustrating that they still even call it a love triangle. It would be different if something ever happened with Damon but it hasn’t. All it’s doing is making Elena look like she’s using both of them.

Comment by Sarah – October 25, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They’re failing at making Elena look like a girl in love with two brothers. She comes off as a giant ho. I don’t think I can take much more of her back and forth. I’d like to see Damon with someone else, rather than Elena’s flip-flopping every other episode. She’s really not all that likeable.

Comment by Mikael – October 25, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No offense but they are making Damon a bit pathetic this season. He’s still chasing after Elena. Even after he agreed to leave town if she didn’t choose him…which she DIDN’T!

Comment by Kelly – October 25, 2012 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know what you mean. I want Damon to get a new love interest, one that doesn’t use him only when she wants something.

Comment by Julie – October 25, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually i see Elena chasing after damon,and is giving him mixed signals because she cant admit that she is in love with him.. She is asking Him, for his help all the time. Damon has been staying away from here. He said he was going to leave but Meredeth ,and basically Stefan told him, that was before Elena turned and that she needs there help.

Comment by maria – November 5, 2012 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did you REALLY expect Damon to leave town and abandon Elena when she just became a vampire? There were so many other aspects in play here that caused him to stick around – one of the biggest being Elena in transition and him not trusting his brother to handle the situation with open eyes. Stefan lives in a world of grey and fluffy clouds; his blinders cause[d] him not to handle her transition well at all. The whole him pouring her champagne after she barfed up deer blood was proof that he was in denial over his methods. Damon was the only rational thinker. I never expected him to ditch Mystic Falls and trust his brother to keep a vampire Elena alive. Please.

Comment by Hmm. – October 25, 2012 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • only watching this for Elijah…the only character that keeps my interest

Comment by mac – October 25, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They arent endgame in the books

its a shame really

Comment by Cody – October 25, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ya I have to agree. They are not endgame and the show is so SE its not funny. There is no real love triangle. I bet it ends the same way.

Comment by mel – October 26, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want damon and katherine to hook up if u know what I mean and then tyler gets woth bonnie caroline hits it with klause elane gets it with stephen then rebecha and matt hit it then jeremy and april then melissa and hmmmm ? Maybe cole is that eveyone I might have forgotten someone

Comment by bree – October 29, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Melissa the doctor lady and cole the original

Comment by bree – October 29, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her name IS NOT MELISSA HER NAME IS MERIDETH & It’s Not Stephen IT’S STEFAN IT’S NOT DAMIAN IT’S DAMON SOMETIMES I WONDER WHO THE REAL FANS ARE CAUSE THEY GET THE NAMES WRONG OMG!!!!!!!

Comment by Jessica – November 20, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No way! I’m team delena all the way! Those two are perfect for eachother and are both in love even though elena seems to be in denial about even though its obvious. Its kind of annoying to be honest. And I think that elena should fall out of love with stefan, he’s not for her and then she should get with damon while in the meantime stefan should date caroline…they’d make an awesome couple!

Comment by Anonymous – October 30, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think your totally right. That would be a good way to turn a negative (Elena going with Damon) to a positive (Caroline and Stefan hook-up). Elena does not exhibit her love well for Stefan like she does with her steamy moments with Damon. I wish they would give some Delena love for a bit! We’ve had Stelena for a while and it’s rather monotonous. Damon gives a challenge and presents Elena with the idea to actually be herself, and not what someone else thinks she should be. She’s a badass vamp now, time for some changes of heart if you tell me.

Comment by Ali – November 7, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By the way guys I agree..damon is so sexy whatever scinario he’s in! God I love him <3

Comment by Anonymous – October 30, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am getting so sick and tired of watching Damon and Stefan chase after Elena. It is so boring. Why is it that every guy come on the show is in love with Caroline or Elena? I think Bonnie is very beautiful as well. Why wouldn’t they give her anyone to love her or find her beautiful because she is. I’m a white guy and I just don’t get the facination with Caroline when Bonnie is much more attractive.

Comment by Texas45 – November 1, 2012 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon and Elena and Stefan and Caroline!! Elena is more like Damon now that she is a vampire.. Stefan is super sweet and cute, but is no longer right for her. I can see Caroline and Stefan grow closer and end up falling in love!

Comment by Sjg – November 1, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elena and damon wud make a sweet couple,stefan jst aint ryt for her now

Comment by Ayvie – November 5, 2012 01:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve always been for damon and elena but the scene at the motel in season 3 was sooo freakin hot I couldn’t be more sure I’m damon all the way ii love his personality, his looks (smokin hot), and everything else about him….go damon!! :)

Comment by aly – November 9, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post