Franklin & Bash Drops Garcelle Beauvais

Garcelle Beauvais won’t be back for Franklin & Bash‘s Season 3.

The actress tweeted the news Wednesday, saying, “Just found out that I’m not being asked back on @franklinandbash #stunned.”

RELATED | TNT Renews Franklin & Bash for Season 3

Beauvais joined the TNT legal dramedy in its first season. She played Hannah Linden, an Infield Daniels powerhouse and Karp’s ex.

As previously reported, Beauvais will appear as a love interest for Psych‘s Dulé Hill in the USA comedy’s upcoming Season 7, which bows in February.

1. Kevin says:

Seems like a lot of cable shows that are on the lower echelon of ratings to get renewed sometimes have to drop cast members to cut the budget. Reminds me of Ann Dudek on Covert Affairs.

• mst3k says:

Ann Dudek does not have good luck. She was booted as a series lead from Psych after the pilot in favor of Maggie Lawson, and then they went and killed her off of House… Too bad, I like her.

• DL says:

Me too. Wasn’t sad to see her go on Covert Affairs though. Felt she was completely underused and a way better actress than what the role called for. I hope she gets something good soon!

• jericho says:

I was sad, and happy. She deserves to be on something in a more major role and Covert Affairs was never going to be that for her.

On the subject of Garcelle… Well, she really never fit into that show. She was the downer that tried to keep everyone on a sane path. The insaner the other 4 guys get, the better it is. Is there any word if Shiri Appleby is going to be back as Jared’s girlfriend? The show will need some more female force but a more fun one would be nice.

• jk says:

Her role on Covert Affairs was pretty useless. Her story line made her character look like a whiny brat. Your sister is out saving the world, but you’re pissed that she isn’t having a slice of pizza with you? Once you know that she’s CIA, you have to know why she won’t be around so much right? In the first season, when she didn’t know, I can understand her being upset for missing game night.

2. gary says:

ah not surprised she wasnt a huge part of last season

3. Caroline says:

Her character was struggling for relevance and seemed to have no real point. Not sure how much I’ll notice she’s gone.

4. sia says:

agree with what’s been said – she didn’t really add anything to the show but I sorry that it was a shock for her. being surprised like that must suck :(

5. lulu says:

I’ve always liked Garcelle but her whole career she has been playing supporting characters. I wish she would be cast in a starring role. She’s gorgeous and talented.

6. Dizzle says:

I love the actress but they never really knew what to do with her, after they dropped the storyline of her being a love interest for Breckin Meyer’s character. I loved her on Eyes and would love to see her in a kick-ass leading role again

7. TV Gord says:

Sad to read this, but everyone else has pretty much made the point that her time on the show seemed to be dwindling anyway.

8. Zippy the Wonder Turtle says:

Bummed. I would rather see them develop her character more than drop her.

9. Kasper F. Nielsen says:

What a missed opportunity. If they wanted to boot her off the show they should have turned it into some sort of storyline where she gets more and more comic book evil’ish and then they get rid of her in the season finale or something. That’d be more interesting than just her being gone for no reason and some character saying “BTW, Hannah got a job in San Francisco, so she won’t be coming around anymore”.

10. ZOCS says:

I’m not sad they are cutting this character at all. Not to say I don’t think that Garcelle isn’t a great actress, in point of fact I believe she is a wonderful actress. I just never really understood the character. She was too ambiguous. Didn’t really seem to fit in any of the scenes they threw her into. I found I always wondered why she was even there. I even said at the end of last season that I wish they would just get rid of this character. So wishes do come true! =)

11. PB says:

Not surprising. Garcelle is an accomplished actress and beautiful woman, but she didn’t have much to do and the series is really about the two leads and their motely crew. She just didn’t fit.

12. Elizabeth says:

I liked her character on Franklin and Bash, but really they weren’t doing anything with her character so I’m not all that surprised.

I’m having a hard time picturing her with Gus on Psych. What happened to his love interest being Parminder Nagra from ER?

13. Msluvher says:

Yep get rid of the african or hatian american first…why not delevlop a story for her like they did for everyone one else…hmmm. She will be replaced by Heather Lockler (sp?).