Revenge Promotes Barry Sloane to Series Regular

Revenge Barry SloaneEmily Thorne’s partner in Revenge is sticking around the Hamptons.

The ABC drama has upped Barry Sloane, who plays fellow Takeda disciple Aiden, to series regular status, Deadline reports.

PHOTOS | Revenge First Look: Handcuffs and (Surprising) Couplings at Next Month’s Big Wedding!

The actor — who has fielded interest from several pilots, per our sister site — will appear in all of the series’ back nine episodes with an option to continue as a regular cast member when if the show gets renewed for a third season.

Are you happy Emily’s mystery man is staying put?

1. Ella says:

Glad to hear it. His character has great potential though I do miss Nolan and Emily interacting on a more frequent basis. I hope Revenge gets a third season. It is a great show!

• mcwmomma says:

IF Revenge doesn’t get a 3rd season, I hope they end it in a way where all loose ends are tied up. And I also miss Nolan & Ems together. Seems she finally starting to appreciate him a bit.

• Lusi says:

Yes…aiden should be in the revenge season 3, happy ending with emily/amanda…..because aiden & emily made season 2 really good and extraordinary

2. Steve says:

Eh, I don’t like him.

3. Daniela says:

YES. I like him. He and Daniel should fight over Emily. Jack can leave. He gets on my nerves.

• Rrrrrr says:

Yes, he and Daniel should start fighting over Emily. And then they can realize that they’re really just like super secretly gay and they can fall in love with eachother an ld do it.

• L says:

Yesssssss. I can’t stand Jack. I don’t really care who Emily ends up with as that’s not the most important part of the show, but I definitely hope Jack will be the body we saw in the season premiere.

4. Awesome! I’m definitely excited to learn more about Aiden. Hopefully he will be an ally for Emily.

5. Amy says:

There goes my theory that he’s the dead body on the Amanda that was shown in the premiere.

6. K says:

Before I decide whether I like this or not, he needs to be shirtless a bit more often. :D

7. Jenny says:

Yes!! Perfect for Emily. Daniel is a Grayson and jack has a baby with someone else.

8. lorna says:

Cool. Can they PLEASE get rid of Ashley? She has no point other than annoying me.

9. Hannah says:

Hell no. Worst decision they’ve made so far. He’s a horrible actor with no chemistry with the gorgeous Emily VC. Give Nolan and Jack more time; they’re the only males with chemistry with her, friendship-wise and romantic-wise respectively.

10. lorna says:

I don’t get why Jack annoys people. Great guy who has a sh** for a brother and a business to run.

• Gerald says:

I really like the character and the actor…so I don’t know, to each their own.

• Clay says:

I don’t get why people don’t like him either. I find him to be a very relatable character. He’s the everyman. The guy who doesn’t always have it easy and has a lot riding on his shoulders.

• qwer987 says:

Because he is boring. It’s the classic problem with characters that are “good” in a show with a lot of evil characters. Evil is more entertaining. Good characters start with a disadvantage. If then you add the fact that he is neither witty, nor smart. He is easily gullible and has a whining quality, his scenes end up being, for me, a snooze-fest.

• SAM says:

I agree. I like Jack, and while I don’t think that Declan is the body on the sunken boat, I really had my fingers crossed that he’s the one that dies.

11. Scott says:

Great Decision!! Barrry Sloane is fantastic on the show!! Now we need Aiden vs. Daniel for Emily!

12. A says:

YES. Now get rid of Daniel, Jack and Declan.

13. Nick says:

So we can rule him out for being in the sunken Amanda boat. Who’s still hoping its Declan?

• EJ says:

Wasn’t the person on the boat wearing a wedding ring? I though it was Conrad when I first saw the scene.

• mcwmomma says:

Yes, I’m still hoping its Declan. On the IMDB board, I posted I keep checking his arm to see if he has watch/hair/ring on left. HOPING!!!

14. lisa says:

Yes!!! I love Aiden and Emily! They’re my new favorite – even over Emily and Jack! He is totally in love with her and it’s so cool he knows all about her already.

15. joterri says:

love it!!! Real chemistry between him and Amanda!

16. Mike says:

Great decision, I already prefer him with Emily in comparison to Jack(dull) and Daniel(a Grayson). Too bad this announcement rules him out as the February death.

17. June says:

The fact that Jack still feels a bond with Emily tells me deep down he knows she could be Amanda. Daniel is an idiot & Ashley is the rotten apple in the barrel. But Aiden, looks older & looks like he’s been rode hard & put up wet. To see Victoria so rattled & out of control is deserving. Conrad is just Conrad evil devil. I hope for a third season.

18. Talia says:

Great news. Barry Sloan is great as Aidan and I’m really interested in his character unlike boring Jack and Declan.

19. ABC says:

Well I guess he doesn’t die in the boar. Hoping for Jack and/or Declan.

20. Mh says:

I want more Emily Nolan friendship not enough this week

21. MGL says:

I like him. It’s hard to tell who is good and who is bad lately. However, I still hope Jack is end game. He needs to get some back bone and lose some of the weak people in his life (i.e his brother). Then he will be good for Em!

22. T says:

Best news ever!

23. Maryam says:

Whatever. He does nothing for the show.

24. Shari says:

YES! He’s so hot and sexy and has GREAT chemistry with Amanda/Emily. And shallowly, I can’t help but love that he’s the only love interest she’s had so far who is taller than her. (Although I do love her with Jack and Daniel is looking delicious this season with that new hair cut)

25. Chiara says:

I like him a great deal, but i can´t see him being a main player in the storyline. They should shed light on his plotline with the sister and resolve it and shed light on his past, but i don´t want him permanently in the Hamptons.

• Mike says:

If he stays, you just know he will track down whoever killed his sister and they will just somehow be connected to the Graysons(end sarcasm) With that said I like Aiden and love Revenge.

26. Jessica says:

This makes me excited!! I think Emily and Aidan are HOT! I can’t wait to hear about the rest of their story.

27. Jess says:

yay! i’m excited! he provides that eye candy that people claim daniel is there for, but you can have to overlook the complete lack of personality! :D

28. N says:

Me likey! =)

29. Witchy says:

Worst news ever. I hate Aiden (not the actor). I wish Emily would kill him off for double crossing her. Everytime I see him I think to myself WHY O WHY did they write that storyline.

30. Ella says:

I’m such a Jack/Emily fan that I wasn’t expecting to like him but I genuinely do. He’s intriguing and sexy and awesome. Great news…..

31. Daniel says:

whats up with all the Jack hate? I mean a show full of negativity and disloyal characters, Jack is the only one you can trust with no blood on his hands. I think thats refreshing to have, you need the good to go with the evil…Screw Daniel and this new guy..

32. RobMF says:

I hope it’s him in the boat.

33. nikkie says:

It better be him on that boat. I hate Aiden. I don’t like the actor either. It’s either Jack or Daniel for Emily.

34. Elyse says:

good i like him :)

35. ean says:

I’m really rooting for Emily to end up with Nolan. To me they have the BEST chemistry together and their NEmily scenes are my favorite part of Revenge. Nolan brings out Emily’s humanity and vulnerability, you can see how open she is with him recently as compared to her initial hostility when he offered his help. Without Nolan, Ems would be just another nutjob. Although since Aiden is a regular now, I see the writers trying to put a kink in my fave pairing :( I hope not. I definitely hope its Mopey Jack at the bottom of the ocean although it’s unlikely as he has a baby now damnit! Anyway back to AIDEN… welcome to the madness… please don’t hurt Ems or Nolan again or I will take you out myself! ;-)

• tripoli says:

I think Emily and Nolan are such a great pair with amazing chemistry because they aren’t romantic interests for one another. I think going that route would be cheap and unnecessary. They are great friends with a familial bond and that shouldn’t be messed with.

36. Ethan says:

Is it me or does Aiden look too OLD for Emily? He looks over 30.

37. Nicole says:

Good, I like him. I think he adds a lot to the story and I bet there is more to him then what we know. Also, he is definitely not the guy at the bottom of the ocean with the boat. I think that man is the man declan robbed and somehow he is going to end up dead. Or, I am completely off and its someone we havent even met yet. I could have sworn that man that declan robbed was wearing that same watch that showed the dead man wearing in the quick glimpse we got…

38. Anna says:

Aww, I like him okay, but I won’t like him anymore if he takes more screentime (and hugs) away from Nolan.

39. Greg says:

yes! He’s so hot!

40. Mikael says:

I’m sure the guy who dies on the boat is the guy who’s setting Jack up to sell the bar.

41. Lynne says:

Dont mind him being made a regular. But I think the news about it could have waited until we find out who went down with the Amanda. He was the main person fans thought went down with the Amanda (other than those who wish it was Declan cuz they hate him for whatever stupid reason they have).
    A real big mistake releasing this info so early. Sure, make him a regular but keep it under wraps until we find out if he was the one that went down. It basically kills the rest of the season for me now.

42. deme70 says:

YES! Aiden is a keeper. If Ems must have a romantic partner he is perfect. He knows her (even better than Nolan) and their chemisty is compelling. They put me in the mind of Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Watching her be puppeter over Daniel and Jack’s lives just does not a good romance make. I don’t dislike either character but they don’t spark with her.

43. Pam Vfan says:

I am sooo happy Barry Sloane is now a regular on Revenge and that Aiden won’t die in that boat, that had been bugging me for so long! Barry Sloane is a great actor and has THE sexiest voice I’ve ever heard, and the accent is scrumptious! I think now that people have had a chance to see more of the Aiden character in action they have fallen in love with him as I have from the get-go. Aiden is so protective and romantic yet strong and sexy, every woman needs an Aiden! lol. I was crushin’ on Daniel all last season but now that Aiden is in the Hamptons; he makes it easy to choose a rugged handsome man, over a cute boy! Also the snarky-ness between Nolan and “Mr Bond” is hilarious! I can’t wait to see more of that too. If you can, watch Barry in Holly Oaks Later, and Casualty on YT he “gives good psycho” (that means he’s a great actor, that he can make you root for the baddie!) reminds me a bit of Tom Hardy :) I think Barry is gonna be a big hit in America…just wait

• Sharon says:

Haha, so true! I love the snarkiness that Nolan throws Aiden’s way about being Bond. They do make a great team to watch! Kudos to the writers.

44. Sharon says:

Great news indeed! So glad that we will be seeing more of Aiden. He is just what the show needs after season 1. He is just right for Ems – not short and so alpha male in the way he catches her nape and yet still so caring. Our Ems deserve someone as strong as she is! I think you should explore Aiden’s character more, show his dark side. I agree that characters that are too nice are not fun to watch. Hope that there will be a season 3!!!