Pilot Scoop: Ghost Whisperer's David Conrad Joins Lifetime's The Secret Lives of Wives

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

David Conrad, Kim RaverGhost Whisperer‘s Jim and Melinda may be reunited… on the same network.

TVLine has learned that David Conrad, who on the late-’00s CBS drama played husband to Jennifer Love Hewitt (now of The Client List), has joined the cast of the tentatively titled Lifetime pilot The Secret Lives of Wives.

RELATED | Pilot Scoop: Sopranos Alum Drea de Matteo to Headline Lifetime Drama Stalkers

Conrad here will fill the series regular role of Wil, an erudite English lit professor who was nursed through a serious illness 15 year prior by his wife Michelle (played by Grey’s Anatomy‘s Kim Raver). As the pilot picks up, the lovebirds are about to renew their wedding vows when Michelle learns that Wil has been leading a double life.

RELATED | American Dreams’ Rachel Boston Cast in Lifetime’s Witches of East End Pilot

Previously announced casting for The Secret Lives of Wives — which is inspired by Iris Krasnow’s book of the same name — includes Salli Richardson (Eureka), Amber Clayton (Three Rivers), Lauren Bittner and Valerie Cruz (Off the Map) as Reed, Keaton, Jessie and Alyse (a woman with whom Wil may have had an affair. Double life indeed!).

Comments (12)

• Jeez, he is sooo gorgeous!

Comment by Sheila – October 23, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss him on The Ghost Whisperer!

Comment by Juliette – October 24, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching GW after the 1st season, but he was the best TV husband ever. Swoon!!

Comment by Sara – October 24, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I will be watching this now! I love him.

Comment by sarah – October 24, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be glad to see David on TV again. He seems like such a fine gentleman from what I have seen and read about. Special to say the least.

Comment by Anna L Cole – November 9, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch his new show right now I am watching reruns and his movies of david conrad he is such a good actor and you never read anything about him in the tabloid whenm will we see this on lifetime

Comment by waltraud warwick – November 14, 2012 04:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hi!!

Could you please tel me when will start the season of The Secret Lives of Wives with David please?

Lili

Comment by camelia – November 22, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring melinda and jim back they are the sweetest couple ever!

Comment by addeline – December 5, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please bring back melinda and jim and the GHOST WHISPERER!! I miss them so much

Comment by debbie – January 1, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is super nice and cool. I had the pleasure of working with him on this pilot. I had to shake his hand a million times. Nicest actor I’ve met so far. Eion Bailey from once upon a time OS also very nice but very shy. Not very outgoing like David

Comment by john – January 19, 2013 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have all the ghost whisperer seasons. I was so sad when I found out it wasn’t coming back. Is there any way to bring it back? And why did it cancel?

Comment by faith lawrence – January 26, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just finished marathoning the first 5 seasons on Netflix. It was a really great series in that it managed to convey the subtleties of paranormal activity and perception in a truly acceptable, everyday format. Time well spent, I could easily watch another five seasons.

Comment by Selene Smith – March 22, 2014 02:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post