Settled! AMC, Dish Network Resolve Dispute

Get More: Controversy, News

The epic battle between AMC and Dish Network that prevented subscribers from watching such hits as The Walking Dead, Mad Men and Breaking Bad has at long last been resolved.

The settlement was announced on Sunday and calls for AMC programming to immediately resume on Dish, with AMC’s sister networks IFC, Sundance Channel and WE TV returning on Nov. 1.

RELATED | Walking Dead Premiere Shatters Ratings Records

The dispute was centered on the now-defunct programming service Voom.

Comments (23)

• Already back, one channel up from where it was before. 131.

Though it cost Dish $700M as part of the Voom suit. I’m fearful of the upcoming rate increase.

Comment by Fred – October 21, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grr. Schedule’s not right though. Still can’t set the DVR for “Dead.”

Comment by Annie – October 21, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • O FRABJOUS DAY! Seriously, y’all, I’m bouncing on the couch over here.

Comment by Annie – October 21, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get cable people.

Comment by Mark – October 21, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Get DirecTV instead of cable and Dish…

Comment by cut the cable – October 21, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • DirecTV is the worst TV service I’ve ever had. I had to have 8 DVRs replaced in under 6 months, the customer service was always rude to me, and the reception was spotty at best. Dish was far better in every way and gave me a much better rate, too.

Comment by Rob – October 21, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re high. Direct’s equipment is superior to Dish, their programming packages are better/cheaper, and their customer service is better.

Comment by BG – October 22, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Your high! Dish customer has bent over backwards to help me everytime i called. I had Directv for years and by far the worst and dumbest customer service ever, and I have the same channels with Dish for 30 bucks cheaper a month! The equipment is better and the signal loss has been almost non-existent with Dish. Everytime there was a cloud in the sky I lost Directv, and then when i cancelled they tried to bill me for pay per view movies 2 weeks after my service was off! Idiots

Comment by Matt – October 22, 2012 08:55 AM PDT
          • DirecTV blows DISH away on so many levels it’s not even funny. DTV creates Emmy-winning technology, DISH copies it.
            DTV offers lots of great original programming on its Audience Channel, DISH can’t even keep channels like AMC on the dial. DISH is the Betamax of all satellite/cable carriers and always will be.

Comment by filmex2000 – October 22, 2012 02:01 PM PDT
        • If you have been through 8 DVRs, it may be you. Are your cats sleeping on the unit? My parents have Dish, and I know DirecTV is much easier to navigate and gives more info.

Comment by Rbatch – October 31, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Dish networks remote is vastly superior to direct tv.
            The new hopper system is also superior to direct TVs best dvr. Dish networks customer service is also superior.

Comment by JR – November 20, 2012 04:48 PM PDT
  • Too bad the schedule isn’t right so I can’t set my DVR 😕

Comment by Rrrrrr – October 21, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is your DVR so lousy that you can’t set up manual recording?!?

Comment by Simon Jester – October 21, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After last week’s mind-blowing, record-breaking ratings for TWD, Dish realized they needed AMC more than AMC needed Dish. They had to give in at this point.

Comment by JC – October 21, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wondered if this would happen after Walking Dead’s massive ratings. Very happy.

Comment by Moria – October 21, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah!!! Yep, it’s 131 now. I can watch last weeks but I cannot set my DVR for new episodes yes, not a big deal, can do it later. SO GLAD!!!

Comment by Amy – October 21, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Last week’s episode of TWD is at 7:00 CST, and then this week’s episode is at 8:00 CST. Should be able to record once the program guide fully loads.

Comment by TLR – October 21, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is very exciting news! This season of TWD is going to be the best season of any series ever created. Can’t wait to be able to check out Small Town Security too since the first season aired in its entirety during the dispute blackout. Also…Portlandia on IFC! I was so sad I wasn’t going to be able to watch season 3! Now I can…put a bird on it!

Comment by Brett Heitkam – October 21, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It has to be because of Walking Dead’s amazing ratings last week, right? The timing just seems convenient.

Comment by Sally – October 21, 2012 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dish caved once the Walking Dead ratings went through the roof. Over 10 million people watched, which obviously didn’t include Dish subscribers. Game, set, match for AMC.

Comment by Bob – October 22, 2012 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t kid yourself, Dish is not paying this money, it’s customers will be through future rate hikes and fees. Drop Dish!

Comment by Gatorbob – October 22, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad that I changed to Direct TV and haven’t had to deal with Dish’s issues in months. This will happen again with another channel. Dish is known for stealing technology from just about anybody.

Comment by Betsy – October 22, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screw dish I jumped ship cause I love walking dead and breaking bad and there is no way I would ever miss them. Even if it means id have to pay more, although my cable bill is the same as my dish bill was. The only reason they settled is because the great numbers walkind dead put up.

Comment by n8dogg – October 22, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post