Settled! AMC, Dish Network Resolve Dispute

The epic battle between AMC and Dish Network that prevented subscribers from watching such hits as The Walking Dead, Mad Men and Breaking Bad has at long last been resolved.

The settlement was announced on Sunday and calls for AMC programming to immediately resume on Dish, with AMC’s sister networks IFC, Sundance Channel and WE TV returning on Nov. 1.

RELATED | Walking Dead Premiere Shatters Ratings Records

The dispute was centered on the now-defunct programming service Voom.

1. Fred says:

Already back, one channel up from where it was before. 131.

Though it cost Dish $700M as part of the Voom suit. I’m fearful of the upcoming rate increase.

2. Annie says:

O FRABJOUS DAY! Seriously, y’all, I’m bouncing on the couch over here.

3. Mark says:

Get cable people.

• cut the cable says:

Get DirecTV instead of cable and Dish…

• Rob says:

DirecTV is the worst TV service I’ve ever had. I had to have 8 DVRs replaced in under 6 months, the customer service was always rude to me, and the reception was spotty at best. Dish was far better in every way and gave me a much better rate, too.

• BG says:

You’re high. Direct’s equipment is superior to Dish, their programming packages are better/cheaper, and their customer service is better.

• Matt says:

Your high! Dish customer has bent over backwards to help me everytime i called. I had Directv for years and by far the worst and dumbest customer service ever, and I have the same channels with Dish for 30 bucks cheaper a month! The equipment is better and the signal loss has been almost non-existent with Dish. Everytime there was a cloud in the sky I lost Directv, and then when i cancelled they tried to bill me for pay per view movies 2 weeks after my service was off! Idiots

• filmex2000 says:

DirecTV blows DISH away on so many levels it’s not even funny. DTV creates Emmy-winning technology, DISH copies it.
            DTV offers lots of great original programming on its Audience Channel, DISH can’t even keep channels like AMC on the dial. DISH is the Betamax of all satellite/cable carriers and always will be.

• Rbatch says:

If you have been through 8 DVRs, it may be you. Are your cats sleeping on the unit? My parents have Dish, and I know DirecTV is much easier to navigate and gives more info.

• JR says:

Dish networks remote is vastly superior to direct tv.
            The new hopper system is also superior to direct TVs best dvr. Dish networks customer service is also superior.

4. Rrrrrr says:

Too bad the schedule isn’t right so I can’t set my DVR 😕

5. JC says:

After last week’s mind-blowing, record-breaking ratings for TWD, Dish realized they needed AMC more than AMC needed Dish. They had to give in at this point.

6. Moria says:

Wondered if this would happen after Walking Dead’s massive ratings. Very happy.

7. Amy says:

Yeah!!! Yep, it’s 131 now. I can watch last weeks but I cannot set my DVR for new episodes yes, not a big deal, can do it later. SO GLAD!!!

• TLR says:

Last week’s episode of TWD is at 7:00 CST, and then this week’s episode is at 8:00 CST. Should be able to record once the program guide fully loads.

8. Brett Heitkam says:

This is very exciting news! This season of TWD is going to be the best season of any series ever created. Can’t wait to be able to check out Small Town Security too since the first season aired in its entirety during the dispute blackout. Also…Portlandia on IFC! I was so sad I wasn’t going to be able to watch season 3! Now I can…put a bird on it!

9. Sally says:

It has to be because of Walking Dead’s amazing ratings last week, right? The timing just seems convenient.

10. Bob says:

Dish caved once the Walking Dead ratings went through the roof. Over 10 million people watched, which obviously didn’t include Dish subscribers. Game, set, match for AMC.

11. Gatorbob says:

Don’t kid yourself, Dish is not paying this money, it’s customers will be through future rate hikes and fees. Drop Dish!

12. Betsy says:

So glad that I changed to Direct TV and haven’t had to deal with Dish’s issues in months. This will happen again with another channel. Dish is known for stealing technology from just about anybody.

13. n8dogg says:

Screw dish I jumped ship cause I love walking dead and breaking bad and there is no way I would ever miss them. Even if it means id have to pay more, although my cable bill is the same as my dish bill was. The only reason they settled is because the great numbers walkind dead put up.