Saturday Night Live: Louis C.K. to Host

Get More: News

Louis C.K. Saturday Night Live HostLouis C.K. will host Saturday Night Live on Nov. 3, NBC announced during this weekend’s show.

The Emmy-winning comedian and star of FX’s Louie will be joined by musical guest indie pop band Fun.

PHOTOS | Saturday Night Live: 15 Dream Hosts

This marks Louis’ SNL hosting debut.

Comments (19)

• Could you please tell me he is writing it also? Because host havent been the problem it is the HORRIBLE writing

Comment by gary – October 20, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a little better this year. Especially the cold open debate sketch on tonight’s show.

Comment by TigerNightmare – October 20, 2012 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think sometimes they’ve worried too much about whether they’re “cool enough” or appealing to the hip young desired audience instead of worrying about whether the sketches are, like, funny.

Comment by CJ – October 21, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Louis C.K. AND fun.?

As long as the writing is okay, this could potentially be the best episode in a long, long time.

Comment by Eric – October 20, 2012 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was very excited when I saw that! Bruno Mars is KILLING it tonight! This is the best show since the Jimmy Fallon Christmas show last year! I had high hopes for Bruno and he has met them! And tonight was the BEST Stefon ever! Bring on Louis, but let Louis be Louis (or Louie, as need be).

Comment by TV Gord – October 20, 2012 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really, I didn’t think it was that great.

Comment by Mike – October 21, 2012 12:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, please don’t let fun. sing “We Are Young” because, ironically, it sounds like a funeral song than a youth anthem!

Comment by martina – October 20, 2012 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they’ve moved past We Are Young at this point, although I don’t agree with your pigeon-holing of that song.

Comment by TV Gord – October 20, 2012 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If I had to make a prediction, I’d say they’ll do “Some Nights” and “Carry On”. I agree with TV Gord; I think they’re done with “We Are Young”.

Comment by Eric – October 20, 2012 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, Nate wrote it about the night that he got super drunk at a Panic! at the Disco show.
      I think they’ll play it and Carry On, which is their latest single.

Comment by Alex – October 20, 2012 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s well known so it will probably be the second of their songs. I’d imagine Carry On will be the first as that’s their new single.

Personally I’d love to see Stars, but doubt very much that will happen.

Comment by Ashley – October 21, 2012 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Love him. He never fails to make me laugh, so, don’t screw this up this gem, SNL.

Comment by Eliza – October 21, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally!

Comment by Sarabi – October 21, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Louis CK is an anti-Catholic bigot. SNL should be ashamed for making him a host…

Comment by Christy B. – October 22, 2012 02:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Perhaps the church should have been a little less concerned with protecting their pedophile priests and more concerned with protecting children, Christy.

Comment by Bob – October 22, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post