Vampire Diaries First Look: Rebekah Seeks Matt's Forgiveness — Will They Kiss and Make Up?

Get More: First Look, Video

When The Vampire Diaries‘ Rebekah ran Matt’s car off the road in last season’s finale — killing Elena in the process — she pretty much destroyed any chance she had with him. But that won’t stop her from trying to make amends with Matt in next Thursday’s episode of the CW drama.

PHOTOS | Sneak Peek: The Vampire Diaries Goes Back in Time, and Bonnie Finds a Mentor

Unfortunately for the Original vamp, it’s going to take a lot more than an explanation and an invite to a party for him to forgive her. Plus, two very important words — “I’m sorry” — seem to be missing from Rebekah’s sort-of apology.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (25)

• She’s crazy hot, he’s a guy. He’ll cave.

Comment by Mike – October 19, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It makes no sense. But I ship it. I ship it so hard.

Comment by Guy – October 19, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly. NO sense but cannot wait for this to happen.

Comment by me – October 19, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This sums up my feelings so well. I was reading the article and remembering how much I ship them, and then trying to remind myself of all the reasons they should never get together. But I can’t help it. It’s the same with Klaroline. In real life if a serial killer was stalking an awesome girl like Caroline I would be horrified, but in TVD it is a hardcore ship. Damn this show and its ability to make me ship anything.

Comment by Lauren – October 19, 2012 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I love the show, and it’s easy to just buy into some of these couples, but I really cannot get past the problems with the Originals overall. Why would two of the oldest vampires in the world be interested in teenagers? They’ve lived hundreds of years, and though the teens ahre their blush of youth, they couldn’t be even the slightest bit interesting to beings so old. Even if you buy into the doppleganger thing with the Salvatores and their love/maker Catherine and her new reiteration Elena (which I think they sold the audience successfully), but Originals pairing with teens makes zero sense. I can’t see total badazz Elijah dating a kid, so I really shouldn’t be able to see Klaus or Rebekah either. (And that said, I’m still fascinated with the totally sibyl-like Rebeckah and I’d love to see her totally fall for Matt – plus, it’d give him a plotline. Maybe it would even her writing out somewhat, and actually give her an actual reason to stay in the edge-of-nowhere Mystic Falls (because if you could live anywhere, there would be zero reason to stay there)).

Comment by Temperence – October 20, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely love them together! Don’t know why they make so much sense to me, but they do.

Comment by J – October 19, 2012 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • makes no sense?of course it makes sense.she feels alone with barely anyone in her life and he part of him still feels like he doesn’t fit in with his friends.they both can’t stand their moms.they have siblings with problems Vicki was obsessed with drugs & guys and Klaus is obsessed with Caroline & making hybrids.

Comment by Corey – October 20, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait!?! What is this place this scene takes place at? A school? ;)

Comment by George – October 19, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha I did not realize these things called schools existed in Mystic Falls

Comment by Kira – October 19, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hot Vampire Chick Want To Be Forgotten? Hell ya i would forgive her

Comment by gary – October 19, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ment Forgiven not Forgotten lol

Comment by gary – October 19, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, what did you expect, Becky? I mean, she deserves the cold shoulder, and I hope he doesn’t even come close to forgiving her until she really earns it, but… I still ship them. I have issues.

Comment by Jane – October 19, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Claire holt needs to become a regular!!!!!

Comment by Luli – October 19, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Rebekah! She is honestly the best character this show has ever had. I love her. I feel so bad that things just never work out for her. I want her to have a friend. Unfortunately, (SPOILER ALERT) if you’ve seen the Canadian promo you know that Matt sells her out to Connor and tries to have her killed.

Comment by popculturewithkyle – October 19, 2012 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah….she is having a real rough time lately.Really wanted her and Elena to be friends,but so far things have broken down.

Comment by Shaun – October 19, 2012 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s exactly what I thought. Remember that scene in Season 3 where Rebekkah was supposed to help them kill off klaus? Where Elena helped her put on that necklace? I SO felt their chemistry but of course, she had do stab her -.-

Comment by Simon – October 19, 2012 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I love that scene and the character. She’s a fantastic actress. As horrible as she is, I keep rooting for her to find her humanity again. I also liked the way she helped Elena in this season’s premiere. They could almost build a show around her.

Comment by dan – October 20, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Thing is, i never could take her as horrible. She did awful things, but always had her moments where her humanity really showed. She so needs to get more screen time. Also, I could handle a little less we-give-Bonnie-screen time-whenever-we-need-her-to-do-a-spell-to-save-us.

Comment by Simon – October 20, 2012 09:12 AM PDT
  • Matt should pretend to forgive her, bang her, THEN give her up to Connor. That’s what she deserves. Plus, I dont think Connor has gone up against any originals before. He probably won’t know that normal wood won’t kill them. So she’ll be fine in the long run.

Comment by TheDude – October 20, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was a good example of a bad “apology”.

Comment by SAM – October 20, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be great if it gave Matt more air time.

Comment by mike – October 20, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they would give Bonnie more scenes and lines.

Comment by Texas45 – October 21, 2012 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post