Hot Video: Community Stars Explain the Crazy Shift Going on With the Season Premiere Date

Get More: Premieres, Video

Season 4 of NBC’s Community will premiere on Oct. 19. But seeing as today is Oct. 19 and clever comedy is nowhere to be seen on NBC’s schedule, the question becomes: When is Oct. 19?

RELATED | Community Bosses Tease ‘Emotional Messiness,’ Possible Jeff/Britta Romance in Season 4

In this new video, the Troy and Abed in the Morning! show hosts explain that Oct. 19 is but a state of mind. So, whenever — and we do mean wheneverCommunity does unspool its new run, that day will be Oct. 19 — in your heart.

RELATED | Community Premiere First Look: [Spoiler] Is Back! Plus: Who’s Getting Up Close and Personal?

Press PLAY here to get the complete explanation, which includes a just-barely-outdated reference to NBC’s freshly deceased Animal Practice, which starred Annie’s Boobs.

Tags: ,

Comments (37)

• See this is why Community is EVERYTHING.

Comment by Sam – October 19, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show.

Have faith in the new showrunners after seeing this clip.

Comment by K – October 19, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was Ah Community…

Comment by S – October 19, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show with the whole of my heart and I’m fully convinced that they love me (and all of us fans) back.

Comment by Shereen – October 19, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is why this show is so frakking awesome! The cast really cares about their fans and they really love their job. #SIXSEASONSANDAMOVIE

Comment by Anna – October 19, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh I miss Community. In honor of October 19th I will be in denial of October 19th!! (Hey Fringe isn’t on either). That means I don’t have to work tonight! I do work 7p to 7a. So I guess I’m forced to go in at midnight. Bummer bummer bummer!! NBC is being a bummer!! Happy Not October 19th Day!!

Comment by Jen – October 19, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Annie´s Boobs? Yeah, totally sounds like intelligent comedy

Comment by Chiara – October 19, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Clearly you’ve never taken the time to watch. I’m sad for you.

Comment by Meg – October 19, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sad too. LONG LIVE ANNIE’S BOOBS!

Comment by oh boi – October 19, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Annie’s Boobs is the name of the Monkey. Way comment on something you clearly know nothing about, Troll.

Comment by Stephanie – October 19, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • and clearly a reference to Animal Practice.

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 19, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Which of course has now been cancelled. Man, staying topical and current is hard in comedy…

Comment by wordsmith – October 19, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you even know who Annie’s Boobs is?

Comment by Mel – October 19, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HAPPY OCTOBER 19TH EVERYONE!!!

Comment by Todd – October 19, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That really looks like Gus (Dule Hill, from Psych) in the poster in the background — anyone know?

Comment by Steve – October 19, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Today is my birthday – and Community premiering today was going to be my best present. NBC has ruined my birthday.

But thank you, cast of Community, for what I feel is my own very special birthday message….. long live October 19th

Comment by Katie G – October 19, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Today is also Gillian Jacobs’ birthday. So perhaps it’s appropriate that NBC Britta’d it.

Comment by JC – October 19, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I actually snorted when I laughed at this comment!

Comment by moobear – October 19, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aw, that sucks, I’m sorry. Though, happy birthday!
      This was a really sweet, lovely, funny message. Thanks for reminding me once again just why I love this show and the cast. Here’s to October 19th, and may the show come back as soon as utterly possible.

Comment by Angela – October 19, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE THEM ALL SO VERY VERY MUCH!!!

I just needed to put that out there. I’m better now. (Or at least I will be… On Oct 19th… Whenever that is…)

Comment by Thea – October 19, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Community! And no to Jeff/Britta romane!

Comment by Mary – October 19, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto to everything you said, but especially the last part. Actually both sentiments are on a similar level actually.

Comment by Em – October 19, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • right there with you.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 22, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for October 19th!

Comment by Teag – October 19, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is the Britta of Oct. 19ths.

Comment by noa – October 19, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • perfection

Comment by cjeffery7 – October 19, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Troy and Abed airing someday ! #sixseasonsandamovie

Comment by anik (@11starthestral) – October 19, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s worrying how much I LOVE THIS SHOW! They are perfection and so wonderful for doing this. Made a bad day better. Also, shallow notes, how beautiful does Annie look? I hope they let her have that hair on the show!

Comment by LC – October 19, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DARN! I love this show so much that I delayed a date tonight with a hot model by an hour just so that i would have time to see the season premier!!! And you drop this on me! I and my roommates greatly await the October 19th premier…. When ever it may be….. All hail Annie’s Boobs!

Comment by Bo – October 19, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brilliant! Thank you for reminding us why we love Community so much, to get us through the desolate months until October 19th arrives.

Comment by Crystal – October 19, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community is amazing! It is 95% of the reason I subscribe to Hulu Plus.

Comment by James – October 19, 2012 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate TPTB!

Comment by Sarabi – October 20, 2012 02:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nbc…brita-ing everything up!!!!

Comment by JB Smooove – October 20, 2012 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community: to air TBD. I want TBD. Is that new?

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 22, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show! Thank you for the video Community. NBC, please ask the wizard for brains and put this show back on the schedule.

Comment by WhyohWhy – October 22, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want it to be October 16th NOW!!!!

Comment by Alex – October 24, 2012 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post