Private Practice Exclusive: The Wire's Deirdre Lovejoy Sues Addison for Wrongful [Spoiler]!

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Private Practice Casts Deirdre LovejoyBefore Kate Walsh walks off into Private Practice‘s Santa Monica sunset, Addison will face a doozy of a crisis.

During Season 6 of the ABC drama, many episodes are being presented from the point of view of a specific character. And in the Addison POV episode tentatively slated to air Nov. 13, TVLine has learned that Deirdre Lovejoy (The Wire) will guest-star as a woman who sues Addison for the wrongful birth of her daughter.

Yep, you read the right — a wrongful birth lawsuit.

PHOTOS | Matt Long Scrubs In on Private Practice — With Whom Might He Play Doctor?

In addition to her run as The Wire‘s ASA Pearlman, Lovejoy’s more recent TV credits include Body of Proof (playing Bud’s wife) and Bones (as Heather Taffet aka The Gravedigger).

RELATED | A ‘Happy Ending’ for Private Practice‘s Addison! But Will the Show Go On Without Her?

Private Practice resumes its season Tuesday at 10/9c; Walsh, as previously announced, will end her run with Episode 13.

Comments (23)

• So Addison gets sued, but crazy cakes Violet still has her medical license. And Cooper had no consequences for stealing cord blood. Whatever Shonda. Oh well, at least it is good material for Kate to rock.

Comment by Jamie – October 18, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This so much!!!

Comment by Sara – October 18, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Let’s not forget the pedophile Sam killed back when he was a resident (as revealed in a season 4 flashback). Trust me, if they can’t get convicted of murder on this show, no way are they going to get convicted for anything else.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 18, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, except no less from Shonda. Typical.

Comment by Fer – October 18, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My expectations of Shonda died the same day I lost Lexie Grey in a plane crash.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 18, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Took you long enough. I don’t even remember when I lost faith in her.

Comment by Olivia – October 18, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sadly enough, I always tried to give her the benefit of the doubt. I will forever regret this decision till the day I die.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 18, 2012 09:02 AM PDT
        • I totally agree Jarrod!

Comment by Tamika – October 18, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think mine died the day George was squished by a bus on Grey’s. Yet I still watch. I swear there must be some subliminal crap going on forcing me to watch her stuff season after season.

Comment by Kole Myrick (@KoleBigEars) – October 23, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay the All Addie episode! I wish it could be happy. This is the episode that Kate/BB were filming at the park with baby Henry. At least there will be cute family moments with Addie, Jake, and little Henry.

Comment by Dee – October 18, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are actually the most adorable family. Hoping for a Jaddison pregnancy in the series finale with no complications.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 18, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will be a juicy storyline for Kate Walsh.

Comment by Kenzie – October 18, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is that this woman was dying and the only way for her and the baby to survive was a c-section. I look forward to this woman humiliating herself seeing as NO judge or jury would find any doctor guilty of that charge for the simple fact called ‘The Hypocritical Oath’.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 18, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Except that claimants HAVE won suits against doctors for wrongful birth. A set of claimants won 2.9M a few months ago:

Comment by Nicole M. – October 18, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If Addison can detect a baby with no brain, I’m sure she could detect a child with down syndrome. As Addison has said: “I may be a board certified OB/GYN, but I also have fellowships in Maternal-Fetal medicine and Medical Genetics and am one of the foremost neonatal surgeons in this country”. Trust me, Addison has got this.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 18, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you mean Hippocratic oath. I believe it’s politicians that take the “Hypocritcal” oath.

Comment by Claudia – October 18, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And I believe you’re right. My computer had seemed to have corrected me and I didn’t read over it.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 18, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hypocritical? Seriously?!

Comment by Anne – December 6, 2012 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More than likely the kid has serious medical issues that the mother (or the lawyers) feel could have or should have been identified in utereo (either via ultrasound or blood work). Either the medical bills are too much for the parent (usually the case in these type of cases) or its too much for the parent to handle. Either way, a wrongful birth suit states that the parent would have aborted if they had been notified of the birth defect/medical issues before the child was born.

Comment by Mama Kitty – October 18, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saw the picture and the first thought that popped into my head: HOLY #%@, IT’S THE GRAVEDIGGER!!!!!!

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – October 18, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There was a “wrongful birth” storyline years ago on L&O: Criminal Intent. A woman sued her doctor because her baby had a birth defect. If she had known, she would have aborted the pregnancy. Instead, she was “stuck” with a handicapped child that she didn’t want.

Comment by Sarah – October 18, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it will turn out in Addie’s favor!

Do you have any info on Addie’s mentor who is going to be in this episode? Thanks

Comment by Ashlee – October 18, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Deirdre Lovejoy is a fantastic actor and can’t wait to see her in this role. I really think she should have a show of her own or be a regular on network. Can’t get enough of her no matter what character she is playing. She’s stunning to boot.

Comment by Cooper G. – October 31, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post