Exclusive Dexter First Look: Yvonne Strahovski's Mystery Lady Opens Up – Can We Trust Her?

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

After a brief-but-memorable introduction last week, Yvonne Strahovski makes her presence known on Showtime’s Dexter this Sunday at 9/8c, when she drops by Miami Metro and makes a beeline for our titular Dark Passenger.

In the following exclusive first look, the Chuck alumna’s alter ego, Hannah McKay, discusses with Dex — with whom she seems to share a rather menacing attraction, no? — the recent demise of her former serial-killing pal. But is it just us, or does something seem a little… off with this mystery gal? We can’t pinpoint it just yet, but there’s definitely more to Hannah than just a woman feigning a bittersweet reaction to a tragic event.

RELATED | Dexter EP Previews Fallout From Deb’s Discovery: ‘There’s No Dancing Around It Anymore’

Press PLAY below to watch the encounter unfold, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on Dexter’s new “friend.”

Loading video...

Comments (14)

• It just feels so weird seeing her on another show! Miss Chuck so much but I’m glad Yvonne was able to move on in her acting career, congrats!

Comment by Brittany – October 18, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I laughed out loud when she said INTERSECTion.

Comment by JennyS – October 18, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • HA INTERSECTion. Good one. Seeing her in Dexter is so odd to me … but I’m glad she’s there. :) I was about to finally give up on Dexter before I found out she was cast this season. Stuck with it only for that. Luckily this season has actually been surprisingly decent so far.

Comment by maryploppins – October 18, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bold prediction: Hannah will be the real big bad from season 7. Isaak is a red herring.

BTW, Yvonne looks really good in all of the clips I’ve seen so far. She’s a fantastic and really underrated actor.

Comment by JennyS – October 18, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • JennyS, totally agree with you- Yvonne is a fantastic actress, so glad to see her recast in something. Miss her from Chuck, but this is better than no Yvonne at all!

Comment by Liana in San Diego – October 18, 2012 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But that would mean she’d have to die…I don’t think I can watch that haha

Comment by Josh – October 18, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My thought exactly – I’ve seen Sarah Walker kill before, so I’m not that concerned about her taking a murderous turn, but I don’t think I’d ever recover from seeing her on Dexter’s table!!

Comment by grace2552 – October 19, 2012 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree. They can make Hannah a vicious serial killer all they want, but I honestly doubt I can watch what looks to be Sarah Walker in Dexter’s kill table. This character has sufficiently intrigued me so far. I hope they do right by her.

Comment by Aiden – October 21, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems intriguing. Can’t wait until we get deeper into her story and see how Dexter and I assume Deb too respond to it!

Comment by Reva – October 18, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Hannah was going to run off to Argentina? Episode 8 is called Argentina. Hmm…..

Comment by JennyS – October 18, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think there’s definitely gonna be a darkness in Hannah much like the one in Dexter (the promos for this season and interviews have pretty much said such) and I think Dex is going to catch onto it relatively quickly. But I think he’s going to find himself intensely drawn to Hannah, we already kinda got a hint of it last episode when they first met, and because of their connection it’s going to be a real interesting relationship to watch unfold.

Comment by bdp – October 19, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like it!! simple as that!!

Comment by onlyakb – October 19, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember people Lumen… she got to run away alive… so we will see about my beloved Yvonne. :) I miss her so so much… a Chuck-movie now :)

Comment by jm – October 20, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post