Brendan Fraser to Headline TNT Pilot Legends

Get More: News, Pilots

Brendan Fraser is headed to the small screen as the star of TNT’s Legends, a drama pilot from Homeland EP Howard Gordon.

The Mummy actor will play a conflicted undercover agent who has an uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person for each job.

The project is based on a book by master spy novelist Robert Littell.

This would mark Fraser’s first full-time TV gig.

Comments (26)

• I’m so there. I will never forget his Scrubs appearance and how amazing that whole story was with Dr. Cox.

Comment by Martha – October 18, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. My favourite Scrubs episodes!!

Comment by Olivia – October 18, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quantum leap??

Comment by Robert Zich – October 18, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the pretender is coming back?

Comment by Dennis – October 18, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you. :-)

Comment by Lucy – October 18, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, first show I thought of when I read the description.

Comment by Dee – October 18, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So I guess many of us miss The Pretender? I do, at least… And yeah, as soon as I saw “a conflicted undercover agent who has an uncanny ability to transform himself into a different person for each job”, I immediately thought of that show, too… :P

Comment by Delirious – October 18, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Human Target also comes to mind – though he was more of a bodyguard than an undercover agent.

Comment by wordsmith – October 18, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • First thought was Human Target as well.

Comment by Barb – October 18, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally thought of pretender too! I am still so ticked off they didn’t do the ‘final’ closure on that series – one of the reasons I don’t watch a lot of tv now – we the viewers always get screwed (well except Fringe thank heavens!)

Comment by Betts – October 19, 2012 04:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alias? Don’t care..It’s Brendan Fraser.

Comment by Martha – October 18, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You had me at “Brendan Fraser.”

Comment by Lorie – October 18, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was gonna mention The Pretender but someone bet me to the punch. I like Brendan but he was at his peak in the first Mummy movie.

Comment by Sarah – October 18, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All of you beat me to it….it’s Brendan Fraser. Add to that the fact he gets to sink his teeth into different “characters” each week. Let’s hope it’s well written (EP Gordon make the odds good).

Comment by TaMara – October 18, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, wasn’t Chris O’Donnell’s character supposed to be a chameleon-like, “legendary” undercover agent in the backdoor pilot for NCIS:LA? They even used “Legend” as the episode names. Callen certainly was conflicted – don’t watch the show, so I don’t know if he still is.

Comment by Lillian – October 18, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, he was! I just re-watched the backdoor pilot with Macy, G, Nate, Hanna, Kensi – before everyone got preppy.

Chris O’Donnell should be a ‘Chameleon’ or something . . . oh wait, Christopher Lambert took over that job and G shot him :(

Comment by Bob Jones – October 18, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This I would watch – I LOVE Brendan Fraser! Plus, even if it IS similar to previous shows it looks like it would be a lot of fun :) Besides, it’s never been uncommon for newer TV shows to either borrow heavily or outright copy (with subtle, suitable changes so they can get the rating they want) from oher TV shows and/or movies.

Comment by Kriselda Gray – October 18, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I’ve been saying for years that he needed to find a good TV show on cable to get his career back on track. Hope it works out. Love him to pieces.

Comment by wooster182 – October 18, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! I love him and I’ve always wished he would do more things!

Comment by mia – October 18, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I already watch/have watched this series. Part NCIS:Los Angeles, part Mission: Impossible (the tv series), part The Pretender. As much as I like Brendan, I wish he was doing something a little more original.

Comment by Lizabeth S. Tucker (@LizabethSTucker) – October 18, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like Fletch.

Comment by Mark – October 18, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dollhouse?

Comment by Julie058 – October 18, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!! Love Brendan, and so glad to see him in something that doesn’t involve forest creatures. :)

Comment by TJ – October 18, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will be Glad to see him again… have missed him.

Comment by Vanny – October 19, 2012 03:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brendan Fraser. ALways yes.

Comment by Dominique – October 19, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I stopped watching shows that reminded me of other shows…well, you know the rest. And anyway, to reiterate–it’s Brendan Fraser.

Comment by suzi – October 19, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post