Monkey Flee: NBC Puts Animal Practice to Sleep, Replaces With Whitney

Get More: Cancellations, News

Crystal the monkey is out of a job.

NBC has cancelled struggling freshman sitcom Animal Practice. Filling the Wednesday at 8/7 void beginning Nov. 14 will be Whitney.

Though Practice initially benefitted from a strong Olympics lead-in, the Justin Kirk-starring veterinarian comedy consistently pulled low numbers, this week mustering just 3.8 mil and a 1.0. The show’s Wednesday companion, fellow rookie comedy Guys With Kids, appears safe for the moment.

Whitney was originally scheduled to premiere this Friday along with Community, but NBC announced last week it was keeping both shows in its “back pocket [in case] we need to make any schedule changes” earlier in the week.

Practice, which will air its last episode on Nov. 7, is this season’s second cancellation (following the demise of CBS’ Made in Jersey.)

Thoughts? Will you miss Crystal & Co.? What ailing show is next on the chopping block? Hit the comments with your eulogies/predictions.

Comments (150)

• Saw that coming after the Olympics fiasco

Comment by BilliamJ – October 18, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I won’t miss Animal Practice, but it did have some funny moments (especially with Bobby Lee). That Justin Kirk guy is all wrong for a sitcom lead, especially a farce like this show. He was going for a kind of Leslie Nielsen deadpan, but it just didn’t work at all.

Comment by CJ – October 18, 2012 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why not Community instead of Whitney?!? Come on, NBC!

Comment by M – October 18, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto

Comment by Car – October 18, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! Cuz the critically acclaimed Whitney is sure to draw in the viewers. At least people like Community I have yet to hear anyone praise Whitney.

Comment by Toia – October 18, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry, I actually like Whitney…

Comment by Tj – October 18, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So YOU’RE the one…

Comment by Cameron – October 18, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • HAHAHAAAAA!!!! I came to read the comments because I knew people would say why not Community. This made me laugh so hard I couldn’t help but comment! #goodone

Comment by tp – October 18, 2012 01:38 PM PDT
          • … and #2 here, in case anyone’s wondering (hi, NBC, freebies for your Whitney followers… the two of us, apparently)

Comment by Delirious – October 18, 2012 02:18 PM PDT
      • I praise it!

Comment by Eli – October 18, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Guys with Kids is a multi-cam comedy. Whitney, another multo-cam comedy is a good pair for it. Not that it’s going to make a ratings turn-around.

NBC has Community, Save me and 1600 Penn in the bench. I suspect they will keep those 3 for mid-season by which time 30 Rock and Up all Night will end. Unless, 30 Rock and Up All Night gets moved to Fridays. Both are struggling on Thursdays.

Community, Parks & Rec, The Office, 1600 Penn could be on Thursdays.

Comment by Balaji K – October 18, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • 30 Rock is on an abbreviated final season so will surely end midseason and it isn’t impractical to suspect Community would take over its time slot.

Comment by Adam – October 18, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Even Up All Night has only a 13 episode order. I doubt it will get the back-9 or get renewed.

Comment by Balaji K – October 18, 2012 11:32 AM PDT
    • My thought as well. Here’s hoping that Guys with Kids is next. Love how Joel continues to promote it on The Soup. I believe he said that he keeps checking for a text from NBC to see when it will be on.

Comment by chiana – October 18, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wednesday night would be the nail in Community’s coffin. I have a feeling Up All Night is going to move to Wednesdays after Guys is cancelled, thus allowing Community to return to Thursdays.

Comment by Josh – October 18, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My guess is they are saving Community to replace Whitney. It shouldn’t be too long.

Comment by c4 – October 18, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • In what universe would Community ever do better than Whitney? Anyway, the Networks never ever replace shows that aren’t new until all of the episodes ordered have aired.

Comment by nick1372 – October 18, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is it really that tough to figure out? Whitney and Guys With Kids are far more compatible than Community and Guys With Kids. Plus, Whitney did pretty well in this time slot last year. Then there’s the fact most people are trying to ignore: Whitney pulled in better ratings than Community last season. Yes, Community is miles ahead of Whitney creatively, but from a business standpoint putting Whitney back on Wednesday to lead the night makes sense.

Comment by Jake – October 18, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Its streets ahead of Whitney

Comment by Sean – October 19, 2012 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because Whitney gets better ratings than Community and is a better fit with Guys With Kids…

Comment by Mike – October 18, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because Community will probably end up on Thursday again either after 30 Rock ends, or they cancel that mess that is Up All Night (which I REALLY want to like and just………really don’t).

Comment by CJ – October 18, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EXACTLY! WHERE’S MY COMMUNITY?!

Comment by LC – October 18, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s pretty simple, really-Whitney aired in this timeslot last season, and while it didn’t score truly hit-level ratings, it did surprisingly well without much in the way of resources (critical acclaim, strong lead-in or lead-out, established stars, etc.).

Comment by CJ – October 18, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bet Crystal the Monkey is the first cast member to land a new job

Comment by George – October 18, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Crystal the Monkey still has a job… on COMMUNITY!!! Air that instead!!!!

Comment by Sarah – October 18, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ALL HAIL ANNIES BOOBS

Comment by TheDude – October 18, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • SO HAILED!

Comment by Tom Charles – October 18, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Hailed old guys boobs!

Comment by the guy – October 19, 2012 12:19 AM PDT
    • I will miss AP sooo much!!!If anyone wants to petition to put a funny show back on a major network,email me so we can have FUNNY TELEVISION again.

Comment by abec l – November 14, 2012 02:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I want this funny, delightful show put back on the air. Animal Practise honours all animals and the characters treat the animals better than they treat other people. A non-violent, feel good show I look forward to is gone and replaced with more junk. Go figure.

Comment by Rhonda & Kim – November 27, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. I loved animal practice. The monkey and the interactions with the other characters were hilarious. The lead actor wasn’t my favorite either but I thought that was how he was supposed to be.

Comment by Leslie Jackson – December 8, 2012 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here come the riots from community fans

Comment by Adam – October 18, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I bet community will be going back to Thursday

Comment by Joe – October 18, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You bet we’re rioting, this is the biggest injustice since Winger ate all the macaroni! Leonard wanted some!

Comment by Tom Charles – October 18, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Leonard likes this post.

Comment by Leonard – October 18, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Shut up, Leonard! I met your son on Family Day. I know about your gambling problem.

Comment by Winger – October 18, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Whitney pairs better with GWK than Community would. I’m just waiting for NBC to cancel UAN and replace it with Community.

Comment by kavyn – October 18, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When you lose to a CW show, this isn’t a shock.

Comment by Percysowner – October 18, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second that. And that happened twice.

Comment by lll – October 18, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And the CW show was vastly better.

Comment by Temperence – October 19, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^This

Comment by Andy – October 18, 2012 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah, just like I predicted- if NBC were going to cancel only one new comedy, they’d choose Whitney to plug the hole instead of the far superior Community. Because why throw us Community fans a bone… ugh. On the other hand, thank goodness they’ve finally flushed the stinker that was Animal Practice. I wanted to like it, I did- I love Justin Kirk and Joanna Garcia-Swisher, but that show blew!!

Comment by MalTru – October 18, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, it was a horrible show. I felt badly for Tyler Labine, Bobby Lee and Joanna Garcia-Swisher, they did what they could with the mostly insufferable material. Such a waste of their considerable talents. However, I hope I never have to see Crystal and Justin Kirk again! (I’m pretty sure that Annie’s Boobs was no longer a recurring character). I like monkeys and apes having fun in the trees and with each other, not acting on my TV screen. *Also I didn’t mind Whitney. Never made a point of seeing it, but if I did come across it, I thought it was better than a lot of sitcoms out there. Like Ben and Kate. That show was so bad, I gave up after one episode. Far far worse than Animal Practice, in my opinion.

Comment by chiana – October 18, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol Tyler Labine is the Christian Slater of cancellation…. or something like that. (Ted McGinley).

Comment by topoopon – October 18, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Replace a struggling show with one that no one thought would be renewed for a second season. That makes sense.

Comment by Amy – October 18, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This!

Comment by mo – October 18, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Isn’t there a more articulate way to state that you agree with something than “This”? “This” is becoming such a hackneyed expression. Why are all the idiot rednecks setting all the trends these days? This, this, this. Eat ish and die, mo.

Comment by Alison – October 19, 2012 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • shut up, douche.

Comment by Your Dad – November 2, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This a million times over

Comment by Tom Charles – October 18, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You speak the truth. Why is it that at least 35 people commenting on this website could make a better decision than the idiots who run NBC? Bring Community back NOW and give us a full season, not some 13 ep run.

Comment by Truth – October 18, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh…so Whitney is the show no one thought would be renewed, *not* Community!? They’re both in the same boat! Except that Whitney gets better ratings.

Comment by Guy – October 18, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Community is cult hit and is closer to syndication numbers. It also has a stronger and dedicated following.

Comment by Julie – October 18, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’d have cancelled Whitney before the pilot. Two Broke Girls would have never seen a pilot, and I’m not a fan (in the least bit) of Community either.

Comment by Temperence – October 19, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? Why replace it with crap when they have Community waiting in the wings? NBC continues to baffle me…

Comment by Paulo – October 18, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about community?!???

Comment by stacy – October 18, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wouldn’t be surprised to see “Community” held until mid-season and get its old timeslot back once “30 Rock” wraps up.

Comment by Josh – October 18, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I mean, that at least makes some sense. But it SUUUUUCKS.

Comment by Elf – October 18, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nov 14?
    It seems like they are just waiting for Guys with Kids to fall as well so that they can put Community there.

Comment by Hamza – October 18, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good. I hope guys with kids falls soon, it’s awful. And a terrible lead-in to SVU.

Comment by Zoe – October 18, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always thought it was amazing how the monkey was the best character/part of the show.

Comment by Lex Luthor – October 18, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep…I’m gonna miss that monkey. : (

Comment by cjinsd – October 18, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beacuse Whitney is doing so much better than Animal Practice. Really though, why can’t they just put Community in that spot.

Comment by Alake M. (@AllieKMalik) – October 18, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And FOX still hasn’t killed off Mob Doctor…sigh

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – October 18, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah there goes my betting pool money, grr. I’d guess it’s cuz Fox has sunk so low, that it’ll take even the terribad ratings Mob Doctor is getting.

Comment by Symce – October 18, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fox has nothing else to replace Mob Doctor. Mob Doctor will be around till that Kevin Bacon show is ready to go

Comment by gary – October 18, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right after I mourned Rizzo I went right there.

Comment by John – October 18, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And what is so sad is last year Fox had some decent new shows. Terra Nova, The Finder, Alcatraz. And even though I haven’t checked I’m pretty sure all these shows had better ratings and demos than Mob Doctor.

Comment by Renee – October 18, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This! Terra Nova was great, I wish they’d picked it up. Same with New Amsterdam a few years back.

Comment by Zoe – October 18, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ugh! Your taste is bad. You should feel bad.

Comment by D – October 19, 2012 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I loved New Amsterdam! Wish they’d given that one more time. I watched all of Terra Nova, but it never really got going, IMO. It tried to be a cross between Swiss Family Robinson, Jurassic Park, and maybe Blade Runner, and basically did only a mediocre job of ANY of them. Wanted to like it, but it was just dull.

However, I really wish they’d given Alcatraz another season, as opposed to introducing Mob Doc. I love Jordan Spiro, but Alcatraz was a much better show overall.

Comment by kmg – October 19, 2012 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like whitney I thought it got better

Comment by John Moshier – October 18, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I 100% agree – Whitney is undeservedly panned after it found its footing mid-season. Glad it’s coming to Wed instead of Friday. Pairing it wi/ Community would have been disasterous.

Comment by xwiseguyx – October 18, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree!! I’m glad it is coming back earlier and on Wednesday is a way better fit. Yeah Whitney!!

Comment by sarah – October 18, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. It was terrible in the beginning but really improved throughout the rest of the season. And I love Community, but the harsh truth is that Whitney gets better ratings than Community does. Plus it is a multi-cam show, which will pair better with Guys With Kids than Community would, as many others have pointed out. Deal with it, haters.

Comment by CJ – October 18, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • tried watching Animal Practice… just couldn’t get into it.

Comment by Elyse – October 18, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least hopefully this means that when Whitney comes back on the air, NBC will see it’s appalling and low ratings and then cancel it after one episode (FINALLY!) and then replace it with Community right away…..that is my hope.

Comment by Mary – October 18, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sad for Justin Kirk, but the characters were so wierd that they weren’t likeable.

Comment by Brigitte – October 18, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thought guys with kids was worse than animal practice they both need to go

Comment by Joe – October 18, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Guys with Kid isnt going anywhere because NBC doesnt want to piss off Jimmy Fallon

Comment by gary – October 18, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why, they should toss that douche off the network too. That late night thing he does, has he gotten any better at it, or is it still him awkwardly talking to people for an hour?

Comment by Truth – October 18, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Given the choice, I watched Animal Practice and changed the channel when Guys With Kids came on. I tried to watch it but couldn’t get passed the laugh track. Animal Practice had me laughing throughout every episode.

Comment by JSB – October 23, 2012 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hmmm, I actually like Guys With Kids too…

Comment by Tj – October 18, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Guys with Kids reminds me of and 80s cheesy sitcom from it laugh track to the jokes

Comment by Joe – October 18, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Almost exactly my thoughts. I tried the first episode, hated everything about it, and quit.

Comment by Tom Charles – October 18, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • From what I saw when Jimmy Fallon interviewed the cast on his show, that was kind of what he was going for.

Comment by Deena – October 19, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Your turn, Guys With Kids.

Comment by TigerNightmare – October 18, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad day all around for the Swisher family.

Comment by KND – October 18, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why? What show is Joanna Garcia’s husband starring in?

Comment by chiana – October 18, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Her husband is Nick Swisher of the New York Yankees

Comment by gary – October 18, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That would be the ALCS, which the Yanks are losing.

Comment by Ace – October 18, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly do not understand people. As much as I LOVE Community and want to see it back on air ASAP, I would not wish upon that show to air on Wednesday night paired with the next to be canceled “Guys With Kids”.

Seriously, wouldn’t you rather have NBC hold on to Community and put it into the Lineup when the inevitable happens and they need to fill a hole with a better up side for our favorite show? 30 Rock is not long for this world. They have 1 “midseason” sitcom to replace it with now that they mercifully gave Dane Cook the boot. Wouldn’t you rather see Community back in its rightful place when 1600 Penn dies its inevitable death? I sure would. Give Community a fighting chance to survive another season and not ring its death knell by giving it no chance on Wednesday up against ABC’s Juggernaut.

Comment by jericho – October 18, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, put it back against The Big Bang Theory so it can get cancelled immediately. Good plan.

Comment by Truth – October 18, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whew! Thank God! I’d prefer Whitney over Animal Practice!

Comment by the guy – October 18, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing Whitney is getting the spot because it got a full season order, and there are more episodes to air than Community. Community will either take it’s old (terrible) timeslot when 30 Rock wraps up, or take the Guys With Kids slot when that inevitably gets cancelled.

Comment by Babybop – October 18, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RIZZZZZOOOO!!!!

NOOOOO!

Harmless enough show but you do have to wonder when the monkey is the hands down scene stealer…..

Comment by John – October 18, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’re putting Whitney in it’s place because Guys With Kids is their only other multicam sitcom. If Community anchored the night it would likely be cancelled quickly.

I bet Community will come back on Thursday nights.

Comment by B- – October 18, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community is my FAVORITE show but, Whitney would pull better numbers than Community, we saw it happen last spring.

Comment by Anne – October 18, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t mean to shoot the messenger here, but WHY THE F**K is WHITNEY coming back BEFORE COMMUNITY!?

Comment by Amanda Leigh – October 18, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll miss it. Liked the show even though it didn’t hit with everyone else. Hope Justin Kirk gets a gig on another comedy soon!

Comment by Nicole – October 18, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really love Community, but you guys should realize that Whitney has a better chance of surviving the timeslot.
    It’s was a self-starter on Wednesday last year, so it makes sense to choose it over a show in its fourth season, that has already had the chance to grow – and it didn’t.
    Factoring everything in, they made the right choice.
    AGAIN, I LOVE COMMUNITY! But we can’t deny that it’s not getting any good ratings…

Comment by Zed – October 18, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ow wow… Didn’t mean for that to happen x_x Sry lol

Comment by Zed – October 18, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i knew i shouldn’t have started watching because i knew it’d get cancelled.. such a bummer! dr. rizzo forever. but we all know that joanna garcia is a tv show curse post-reba!

Comment by Amanda – October 18, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not that AP was going to be winning an Emmy or anything, but come on! You cancel this and replace it with the worst comedy ever?! I’m still trying to wrap my head around Whitney getting renewed for a 2nd season, let alone replacing one that was at least decently funny!

Comment by Lo – October 18, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally deserved after the Olympics fiasco.
    of course, NBC wont learn their lesson
    JERKS!

Comment by GoodDeal – October 18, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it’s a shame. Animal Practice continued to be funnier each week. Guys With Kids continued to be incedibly unfunny each week. Whitney will continue to be horrendous and Community will continue to appeal to only a small minority. NBC should hire Crystal to head up scripted development.

Comment by Allen – October 18, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice, I guessed right about the second cancellation of the season!

I gave the show a chance, watched the first three episodes, but while the three male leads are usually all awesome the shows writing is atrocious – and I can’t remember the last time I hated a character as much as the obnoxious female nurse. Good riddance.

Comment by Kasper F. Nielsen – October 18, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Will Miss the Staff of Crane Animal Hospital

Comment by brian nussbaum – October 18, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t care for Whitney at all, but I think it will go well with Guys With Kids which I do like. I’m guessing everyone saw this coming. Hate it for the actors but maybe they will get something better.

Comment by Kristina – October 18, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why Whitney, do you want people to hate you NBC, put Community in it’s place. This make me so angry. Way to Britta it up again NBC.

Comment by Mike – October 18, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community isn’t the “hit” its fans would like people to believe. I love the show but there’s no denying its ratings are nothing to brag about.

Comment by Jared – October 18, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No Community fan would argue with you that Community has great ratings, but there other ways you can interpret a hit, Community has one of the most vocal fanbases of a show that is currently on the air, not to mention Community has critical acclaim, something Whitney does not. Whitney had decent ratings, but critics hated it. You would think NBC in respect to Community’s fanbase would bring it back for Community before Whitney, espescially since the odds Community are coming back for a fifth season is slimmer than ever.

Comment by Mike – October 18, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly. We know our show is not so hot in the ratings, and still, we love it. And you don’t see anyone quoting awesome lines from Whitney, like you see with Community. Although, having been unable to suffer through much of Whitney, I’d not know if it were being quoted as lovingly.

Comment by tripoli – October 18, 2012 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They Britta-ed it yet again. This is more proof this is the darkest timeline. They keep doing things like this, we’ll never get SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE!

Comment by Tom Charles – October 18, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hated to see Crystal grimacing in fear. terrible show, rightly cancelled. Animals should not be used in so-called entertainment.

Comment by Jennifer Douglas – October 18, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t wait for Whitney

Comment by Toms1€ – October 18, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had to admit that Whitney started out kind of lame but as the season went on it just got better. I bought the season 1 DVD set and on 2 of the episodes Whitney and Chris comment on the show. The 2 of them are SO in-synch with each other and you can tell they genuinely like each other (why they’re not a couple I don’t know) and it shows on the screen. I’m sure this year they’ll really get their footing. BTW Zoey L-J is a real talent in her own right. See her movie (co-wrote/stars/produces) Lola Versus

Comment by Mike – October 18, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shocked. Only not. I’m frankly just surprised it took *this* long.

Comment by Wendy – October 18, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When the lead actor goes on talk shows to promote the new sitcom he is on, he should not…I repeat NOT give the exact same canned response to all the questions. After noting that he gave the same quip about “its like High School” on two different shows I really didn’t want to tune into see him on anything else. I watched Animal Practice for all of 30 seconds before I couldn’t take it any more. I really can’t believe it stayed on this long or made it to TV at all and judging by the way the lead acted on talk shows…I kind of think he was pretty surprised that it went that far too!

Comment by SRGG – October 18, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Replacing AP with Whitney is like replacing manure with Milorganite. One is fresh the other processed, but in the end it’s all $hit.

Comment by Templar – October 18, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would be perfectly happy with 13 episodes of Community a year as a fill in if it meant it would be around for more years (4 more years?)

Comment by Rich – October 18, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, hey look! By total accident, NBC managed to put a multi-camera comedy with their other multi-camera comedy, the entire reason most of us assumed Whitney was picked up the first place. Only they did this by kismet, chance, accident — not by actually scheduling Whitney to originally air with Guys with Kids because that would have made too much sense to start with.

Comment by Lola – October 18, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone please find a show for Tyler Labine that is worthy of his talents. And quick! Loved him on Reaper and want to see more of him on my TV!

Comment by Ashlyn – October 18, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m in total agreement. I really liked that show that had Jason Biggs, Tyler Labine, and Judy Greer, but it died hard and fast.

Comment by Temperence – October 19, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At the end of the day who is going to have a worse day Joanna or her husband Nick???

Comment by Garry Fisher – October 18, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Animal Practice is a much better show than Whitney…

Comment by graywolf323 – October 18, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AP was horrible (horrible) and, yes, a much better show than Whitney, which is a hundred times the show that is Two Broke Girls. Of course, it’s splitting hairs over shows that need immediate cancellation…

Comment by Temperence – October 19, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post