Exclusive

Exclusive Grimm First Look: Renard Seeks Relief!

Grimm‘s Captain Renard (Sasha Roiz) winds up at the spice shop in this week’s episode (NBC, Friday 9/8c) looking to cure his Juliette obsession. Temporary proprietor Monroe, as always, asks some helpful questions.

Such as: “Are these feelings for a person or an animal?”

From there, the exchange pretty much goes down like you might imagine a business transaction between Nick’s best pal and Nick’s boss would… especially when the captain is acting as nervous as a teen buying condoms at his local drugstore.

Press PLAY on the video below and then hit the comments with what you think is ahead for the captain, the formerly sleeping beauty who awoke at his kiss and the Grimm caught in the middle.

1. heather_kaye says:

Oh, my gosh. More Renard/Monroe scenes, please. Forever.

Giggles aside, I love the turn they’ve taken this season, getting more of the intrigue aspect than just wesen of the week. Love it.

• Templar says:

Monroe is the Fonzie of Grimm.

• TV fan says:

Poor Renard …he’s hopeless

• K says:

I completely agree with your comment: love having more intrigue then the other aspect of the weekly lesson on wesen folk. I hope the show continues to give time for character development to these major players.

• Cara says:

Monroe and Hank are the best actors on the show, Woo is good too. Pitty Bitsie is more like ditsy..she has one tone of voice and is not credible at all. Nick isn’t much better. They should have picked better actors for the parts. Rosalie and Angelina are far better looking and better actors. Bitsie has a nice figure but a she seems like an idiot, not a Vet. Once Upon a Time has done a much better job casting. It makes it easier to believe the show. Get rid of Bitsie the ditsy!

2. Renee says:

I really really like Captain Renard. I hope he never becomes a full on bad guy, true enemy of Nick & Monroe.

3. Chris says:

I can’t get it to play. It looks like its just about to load and then stops and does nothing. I love sitting here NOT watching the clips everyone else gets too see.
    I’m very frustrated here.

4. Steph says:

When was it ever said that the Captain is a Hexenbiest, if he is then why would he have needed them for spells?

• Renee says:

I don’t recall them EVER saying what he was other than half breed and bastard prince.

• Keren says:

When he had to take the potion to become pure of heart, he showed his Hexenbeast side

• Trent says:

Sasha Roiz said in an EW interview last month that Renard is half-Hexenbiest, and we saw him transform when he took the pure-of-heart potion. Sadly, the video isn’t playing for me but I CAN’T WAIT to see Monroe meeting the Captain at the spice shop. Does this mean that male Hexenbiests can make magic potions like the females do? Will Monroe somehow realize that Renard is the Royal in Portland? Man, I love this show!

• arial2 says:

He went to Adalind’s mother for potions before, but Nick’s mom killed her, so he’s currently without a “drug connection.” Renard doesn’t know yet that Adalind is back. But I just love to see the show’s two most interesting characters in a scene together, Can’t wait to see Monroe’s reaction when he makes the leap to why this new customer looks familiar and just what kiss he is talking about. Can’t wait for this episode!

5. CherylW says:

great clip. Cannot wait! LOL!

6. Paige says:

Scenes like this is why I keep coming back to Grimm week after week! The chemistry and interaction between the characters/actors is great and they really do a lot with the material given to them. In the hands of non-believing actors, this show would have been DOA. Can’t wait to see the full episode.

7. Dreamrose says:

Captain Renard may be a Hexenbiest, but that doesn’t necessarily make him a good alchemist/pharmacist. Remember, all his previous witchery has come courtesy of Adalind or her mother. But this may very likely be the first step towards Nick discovering that Renard is the Royal in Portland! Up until this point, Renard has been very, very careful in his dealings with the Wesen world. It truly speaks to his desperation that he’s willing to go to someone like Monroe (or, more accurately, Rosalie, since it’s *her* spice shop). Of course, he was probably hoping to find someone who wouldn’t immediately go and report back to his royal siblings. Also, it’s not clear that he is aware of the connection between Rosalie and Nick.

• Keren says:

As far as we’ve seen, he has never interacted with Monroe or Rosalie and he does not know that they know Nick.

• Dreamrose says:

@Keren – It seems to be fairly common knowledge in the Wesen world that Monroe is friends with Nick, plus Renard’s ex-paramour *did* put out a hit on Monroe for that very reason a few weeks back. I think it’s safer to assume that Renard is aware of Nick’s relationship with Monroe than not, though he might not necessarily know what Monroe looks like in person. That said, we’ve seen no indication that anyone is particularly aware of *Rosalie’s* connection with either Monroe or Nick. It seems like an enormous risk for Renard to go to Rosalie’s shop if he did know and was still trying to keep his identity a secret from Nick. Of course, Renard isn’t exactly thinking straight at the moment… Hopefully, they’ll clear this question up when the episode airs.

• Shaun says:

It could very well be that only Females of their kind can do this kind of stuff.

• znachki says:

We know he is “something” else. But has it been confirmed, either on the show, or by TPTB, that it is hexenbiest?

8. steph says:

That was my earlier point, it hasn’t been confirmed nor said on the show that he is specifically a Hexenbiest, they haven’t said what he is other than a Royal, and as far as him turning when he took the potion to become pure of heart he didn’t look like any of the Hexenbiest that we have seen on the show and he never fully transformed into what he is

9. Trina says:

I am so smitten with Sasha Roiz, ever since Caprica.

10. Lucy says:

Okay, my two favorites in one scene together. I’m a happy little girl! Tee-hee-hee! :)

11. Elaine says:

My guess is that Renard can’t concoct because he is only half hexenbiest (as revealed in the Entertainment Weekly article and his partial transformation showing the decayed mouth) and was raised by the Royal side of the family. Analind learned everything she knows from her mother, but with that parent absent for Renard, he wouldn’t have that outlet. He also wants to stay under the radar, I’m sure.

12. Kevin says:

i cant watch it for some reason

13. Kim says:

Love it! I think Monroe really makes this show, I have mixed feelings about Renard. Not sure just where he stands. But that is what makes this show really interesting, not knowing just what is going to happen. Can not wait till Friday! Doing a wonderfull job on this show.

14. Speaking of Hexenbiests, I can’t wait for Hank to see Adalind for who she really is…and conversely, I can’t wait for Adalind’s reaction to him knowing…..and I can’t wait to see Renard for who he really is….

15. Katrina Striker says:

Oh, I can’t wait! Wondering if Monroe will figure out what is going on!

16. nancy says:

Love this scene. Julia didn’t have much chemistry with Nick, so I am all for Julia-Renard romance!

17. Cara says:

Rosalie and Monroe’s relationship is far more interesting than Nick and Ditsy’s!