Sons of Anarchy's Latest Casualty Speaks Out, Breaks Down that 'Provocative' Bedroom Scene

Get More: Interviews, Recaps, Spoilers

Warning: If you’ve yet to watch Tuesday’s killer Sons of Anarchy, avert your eyes now! Everyone else, read on…

Never a show to shy away from a high body count, Sons of Anarchy on Tuesday delivered not one, not two but four deadly doozies in the span of an hour.

The first causality of the night was Sheriff Eli Roosevelt’s wife Rita (played by Merle Dandridge), who succumbed to the gunshot wound she sustained in last week’s episode. Also meeting his maker in the bloody installment was the corrupt cop who helped orchestrate Opie’s behind-bars murder, as well as his wife who was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

ASK AUSIELLO | Spoilers on Grey’s Anatomy, Community, Glee, NCIS, Parenthood, Gossip Girl and More!

Lastly, and most notably, was the death of Nero’s right-hand woman Carla, who took her life after coming to terms — in her own fatal way — with her half-brother’s budding relationship with Gemma.

Here, the late madam’s portrayer Wanda De Jesus speaks candidly with TVLine about Carla’s twisted sendoff and reveals what went on behind the cameras during that forced sex scene between the actress’ longtime real-life partner Jimmy Smits and Sons‘ leading lady Katey Sagal.

TVLINE | It’s sad to see Carla go so soon. She was fun.
Thanks. She came in for a reason and purpose — that triangle had to be formed, right? It was to stir the pot a little more between Nero and the club and Gemma.

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Scoop: Rocker Dave Navarro Lands Arc as Nero’s [Spoiler]

TVLINE | What conversation, if any, did you have with Jimmy ahead of shooting that pseudo sex scene between Nero and Gemma.
It was pretty provocative, and that’s [creator] Kurt [Sutter]‘s mind. The beauty about that is that Jim and I have worked a lot of theater pieces [together], like Death and the Maiden after it was on Broadway — which is a gnarly little piece. So, we’ve done theater pieces where that challenge was there between the two actors in terms of trust… and in [doing so] we really got to develop our shorthand. There’s not much conversation that goes on. I’m an actor and so is he, so there’s a professionalism. The conversation is with yourself and what the writer is asking one to do, and in this case, what that would bring up in a character like Carla. It was pretty intense, those three days filming the sequences. By that time within the triangle — Katey, Jimmy and I — there was a trust. There was a trust from Day 1, but I think Katey was more nervous than we were. [Laughs]… I’ve been a fan of SOA since its inception; I understand the world, how Kurt works, the provocative nature of the show, the character development, the need to go to the shadow side of our psychology. I love that within Jax and all of the characters, that there is a light side and dark side… It’s interesting to look at disenfranchised people, the underbelly, and the choices that they make.

TVLINE | How and when did you find out the manner in which Carla would go out?
I got a heads up from Sutter saying that something was going to happen with Carla in the next episode [we shot], and it was going to be a really sad, kind of dramatic thing. I just went, ‘OK, here’s the ride.” [Laughs] I actually [found out] how it happened for the first time when I read the script, and I went, “Wow! Wow, Kurt.” [Laughs] I was titillated [by the fact that] this is where his mind can go. But also, at the same time, one thing that was challenging for me was Kurt asking me to go there. Actors use their interior life and you want to be present in the moment, going there internally. That doesn’t mean that you’ve lived it, but you find those places and try to hit those true notes. So, I was thinking, “Man, Kurt, you don’t play around. You want people to rip themselves open here.” [Laughs] I’m a theater actor originally, so I can hit the marks and say the lines, but I decided to live in this space for a couple of days. I was my privilege to do it for a show that I’m really rooting for — it’s so underrated! I think there’s a terrific mind in Sutter, in how big these characters are…

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy: Walton Goggins Opens Up About His Surprise, Sex-Rated Cameo

TVLINE | What did you think when you first read her death scene?
What I love that Kurt did for Carla — even though she went out a bloody mess — is that no matter what was said about her, he gave this character the power of choice. She made a choice. That was my attraction to the show: Kurt writes strong women… Carla looked this life in the eye, didn’t like what she saw and made a choice… Carla saw that there was no hope with this person that she loved so much… For her, it was Nero’s defense of Gemma, jumping out of bed, standing in front of the gun and actually hitting his chest where he had his surgery, that [helped her] make the choice. She loves him so much, she made the f–ing choice. ‘I’ll make it easy for you, I’m out.’

TVLINE | Carla also made an impact a few weeks ago with that major fight between herself, Tara and Gemma.
When Tara is hitting Carla with that cast, it’s her transformation. It’s Tara coming to the dark side. Something flipped in her. It wasn’t personal, it was just everything coming to a head. I love the fact that she was very much in control in that moment… For Carla, it was more about this Latina Titan going up against Gemma, another titan…. In shooting the thing, we had a blast. It was so much fun. I’ve worked on films where there’s been a lot of action sequences and I’ve made friends with stunt guys, and I’ve actually done one fight sequence in my career. But we had fun just working it out. I enjoy bringing that kind of intensity to all characters, but especially to this fight scene.

TVLINE | Did you make the choice to remove Carla’s earrings during the fight, or was that on the page?
No! That was me. You don’t know how many people were saying, ‘Do you really have to remove them?’ And I said, ‘Yes! Yes! I must remove my earrings.’ [Laughs]

TVLINE | It was absolutely essential in that moment!
Yeah! Haven’t you seen that happen before? I have, where women remove the earrings before they go in for the fight. I thought, this is a testament to all those… Had I had more time, I would have put my hair up with the scrunchie on my wrist. [Laughs]

Comments (114)

• That was such a messed up scene and bravo to all three actors involved. Katey Sagal, Wanda de Jesus, and especially Jimmy Smits KILLED it.

Comment by Kelli – October 16, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE SOA!!! I wish the season never ended! New episodes every Tuesday, or even better twice a week, all year long!!! I am completely addicted. Kurt has a amazing imagination!!!!

Comment by Christy – October 23, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally Off Subject But Clay Is A Bastard!

Comment by adam – October 16, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I cant believe I didnt figure that out sooner…but I didnt get it till Clay faked his weakness at the Hospital.

Comment by Pat D. – October 16, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ye I really didn’t think it was Clay behind it although alot of others did. I knew he was faking his weakness for awhile , but I really saw how much at the hospital when he was wearing the oxygen and had been told he didn’t need. Absolutely loved the death of the guard. I had been wondering when it would happen.Loved the whole show. Thanks Sutter for having Jax kill the guard and that he seemed to enjoy it.

Comment by Joanne – October 17, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Clay proved how devious he really is. Faking his recovery on top of running the home invasion squad, having Wayne whacked and slithering back into Gemma’s life as things are crumbling around her.

When he goes, it better be good.

Comment by Scott Anderson (@ScottAnderson54) – October 17, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was noticing some things that pointed to Clay, or at least to who it might be.

First, in the scene where Wayne gets his ass kicked by those guys busting into the house, one of the guys ran past the camera. The camera POV was low, close to the floor. You could see that the guy had a fake leg.

Second, when they break into Rita’s house and shoot her, one of the guys speaks and his voice sounds like one of the new guys.

Thirdly, there was a Facebook post with an interview with one of the new guys. He was complementing Kurt for his using real actors with physical challenges to be on the show. He discussed his artificial leg.

And finally, last night, after one of the meetings around the table, when everybody is walking out and the camera’s POV is looking tightly at the group leaving, you can see that one of the guys has a gauze patch on his neck, obviously where Rita scratched him. For me, that pretty much sealed it.

So, there were hints throughout the season. But you really had to be looking extremely close to see them and they weren’t all on the TV screen in the show itself.

By far, this and Breaking Bad are the two best shows on TV, IMHO.

Comment by Bobby – October 17, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They showed the nomads dumping the safe plain and clear and Frankie (Chuck Zito) sitting in the car reading the birth certificates, etc.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 17, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • it was made abundantly clear in epsidose 2 of this season I believe it was, that the new “trio” of former nomads were the perpetrators of the home invasions when they were seen dumping clays safe in a dumpster while the third was seated in a car looking over those official documents taken from the safe, one of which appeared to be clay and gemmas marriage certificate.

Comment by Keith – October 17, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • actually, even in the first episode, it was already shown that the three nomads were the ones who were responsible for the attack, the one that wasn’t clear was if it was their own doing or someone behind their back, look when they were voting them in, Greg the Peg said it was nice to have “somewhere to put their feet up to” or something like that, it shows the prosthetic leg that he had, then later when they attacked Unser just as you said, showed a prosthetic leg.

Comment by whirLpooL – October 17, 2012 05:57 PM PDT
        • So since Tig has those scratches on his neck from the guards wife you think he might get blamed for Rita’s murder and something happens to him?

Comment by Sam – October 17, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • YES!! I was thinking that for the whole rest of the episode!! I wonder if we will see the sheriff cross farther to the dark side…

Comment by Stacia – October 17, 2012 03:59 PM PDT
          • I was thinking the exact same thing, when I saw the injury to Tig’s neck. It bothered me the entire show , knowing that the sheriff may go after Tig’s when he sees his neck!!

Comment by Carrie – October 18, 2012 08:19 AM PDT
          • Rita had skin under her finger nails, DNA will not point to Tig. Also I am under the impression that the shot gun blast blowback it Tig.

Comment by laura – October 18, 2012 12:53 PM PDT
          • Unless the Sheriff sees Tig before the DNA gets back and just assumes it was him and goes all psycho on him!

Comment by Skyblu – October 23, 2012 07:41 AM PDT
        • I noticed all those things too!!

Comment by Alisa – October 23, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I had a feeling he was up to something two episodes prior, and now he’s fixin to kill the old sherrif because he could tell he was on to him about the home invasions at the hospital, watch and see, nxt episode. and agreed, he is a bastard, and all he is doing is bringing in those new boys to show that he still has control of the club and he will be the cause of jaxx down fall.

Comment by kellie keltner – October 17, 2012 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think it just may be Clay that gets killed, not Unser. Jax maybe does the deed or Jink’s! With Sutter you never know. Also the deal with the irish and the cartel is sealed, Clay is no longer need.
          Jax will only get stronger,not weaker, its his club now….I can’t wait for next Tues.

Comment by laura – October 18, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Clay is here for the rest of this season-he’s not getting killed off yet. I read a interview he gave and he said he’s not sure about next season though.

Comment by Dennis Williams – October 23, 2012 07:52 AM PDT
      • I realized it back when clay first introduced the nomads and the last guy said “we’re just glad to have somewhere to put our feet up” and everyone was laughing when he put his prosthetic leg on that big dudes shoulder.

Comment by Motu Taamai – October 23, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah, I knew he was behind that sh*t all along!

Comment by Eric McManus – October 17, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yep, me too. Unser might be next if he’s not careful.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 17, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • In the preview for next week, it sure looked like Clay was going to kill Unser.

Comment by Stacia – October 17, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thank you for my first laugh of the day.

Comment by Laura – October 23, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Clay has got to go! if the Irish want make the dollar , they will need to accept dealin with Jax .

Comment by Freddo – October 23, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fabulous episode!!! Everyone gets better and better! Most underated drama on tv!

Comment by c – October 16, 2012 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN TO THAT!.

Comment by Willdogg187 – October 16, 2012 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It should be #1

Comment by Chuck89 – October 17, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve thought it was Clay for awhile. Once we knew the nomads were involved, it couldn’t have been anyone else behind it. He had the most to gain.

Comment by Elaine Bondra – October 16, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. That sidewinder should never have been allowed to live; Jax shouldn’t have let him have ANY say in club business; and Gemma’s a total freakin’ idiot for letting him ‘clean up Carla’s mess’ – that’s going to bite EVERYBODY in the ass. I don’t even think he had the body burned – probably hiding her in his freezer for later use.

Comment by kwilson – October 16, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah exactly, he’s got something up his sleeve to use it for leverage, just the way he lied to Juice about his doc’s appointment “not so good” when really hes doing better. I can only imagine the the hell is gonna play out, n how this all turns out, as we see Unser MIGHT be the next to go, the promos can be misleading but i dont know ugh, I cannot wait for next Tuesday to be here already haha.

Comment by Willdogg187 – October 16, 2012 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think Clay is gonna dump all of it on Juice and Juice’s number will be up this season for it.

Comment by Chuck89 – October 17, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You hit the nail on the head.Clay is scum he makes me sick

Comment by molly – October 17, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Kwilson, You are so right about Carla’s mess coming back to bite Gemma in the ass. I didn’t think about it until you mentioned it! I knew Clay was the bastard behind the home invasions from day 1. He just can’t be trusted!!!

Comment by Tammy – October 17, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m shocked Clay is involved wished Jax could’ve killed him when he wanted to. I hope Jax figures it out before it all blows back on him and he loses the club, Each week gets crazier Fabulous writing and acting One of the best shows on TV

Comment by Trresa – October 16, 2012 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wasn’t really that shocked. Clay went from killing Piney and trying to kill his step son’s wife to being a pathetic old man! It just didn’t add up. Clay was too evil to just put that all behind him. I knew he was behind the home invasions but I love the way they set it all up and the way they are portraying him right now.

Comment by amandareynolds – October 17, 2012 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I personaly think
      its the best show without a doubt on tv. Cant wait till tuesdays come around to watch it. Way to go Kurt Sutter. Your the man. Great show. ……… Oh and I hate Clay also but dont you know that Ron Pearlman is sitting somewhere thinking that he’s a great actor if he can make people hate him so much, and he’s right. Im sure the writting has something to do with the show being great also though.

Comment by chris – October 17, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • U right about it being the best how on tv, hnds down. I can’t wait til Clayget his.

Comment by Preacha – October 17, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Clay’s end game is going to be to force a change of leadership vote to take over control again. He already has all the nomads(but looks like Jax might take care of them next week) but trying to divide the table. He will use Carla’s death to frame Nero somehow and convince everyone that he shouldn’t have been trusted and Jax made a bad decision. Thats how I see it going anyway.

Comment by Stacia – October 17, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HA!! She’s right, the earrings definitely had to come off. I worked as a bartender for a few years and it never failed that if someone with earrings on (female or male) knew she/he was about to fight the earrings came out. They’re just too easy a target!

Carla was completely crazy but she’s definitely unforgettable!!

Comment by Lyndsey – October 16, 2012 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes, the removal of the ear rings was a nice screen shot. so much fun!

Comment by tim – October 17, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not a fighter and even I know the earrings have to come off.

Comment by Rose – October 23, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lmfao I love this chic, she played her character well. more power to women!. n thats one thing i love about this show too, Kurt does write strong women, n im all about women power n support their freedom n their right to live among men. Sad to see Carla go the way she did but it was definitely a impact, i did not expect that, I love this show, n all the twists it throws at us, one moment u think this is gonna happen then BOOM its a complete 180 twistin n jerkin u around. F–king love it!! Thank you for the great short appearance Carla! RIP

Comment by Willdogg187 – October 16, 2012 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ive been hooked since Season 1 episode 1 ! ! !
    I love WTFSutter, Kurt is twisted lol well he DEFINATELY is Creative! Each Season is Amazing and sit’n on the edge exciting! Only thing that upset me very much was the killing of Opie, he has always been my favorite. Oh yeah I like Tig & his powerful sexuality! To me he is very Sexy & Kinky yum yum!

Comment by Karen Aldo – October 17, 2012 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t happy at all about Tig so casually killing an innocent woman. That was not right. And to see Jax lose control in such a savage way, that was also more than a little disturbing. There was a moment where I decided I wasn’t going to watch the show anymore, and then Joel McHale showed up. Now I feel torn about what to do.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 17, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked it, seeing Tig actually get the best of someone. He’s been through a LOT of trouble lately. It was just business, and he handled it swift and businesslike, before she was able to bite him in the ass ;j Amazing episode, of an AMAZING show. Bravo to everyone, including all of the dearly departed

Comment by Jay Stone – October 17, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tig just did what had to be done.Jax got caught up in the moment.Opie was his best friend and like his brother and member of his family.Heck Opie was family.

Comment by Todd – October 17, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t wait to see how Joel McHale is going to be used. Keep watching!

Comment by Lynski – October 17, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t wait to see how Joel McHale is going to be used. Keep watching!

Comment by lynski46157 – October 17, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tig’s suppose to be a little crazy (or crazier) since his daughter was burned alive. And, yeah, that bitch was “Collateral damage”.

Comment by Eric McManus – October 17, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want Joel McHale to plop down next to me at a bar :D. Lucky woman. Will be very interested to see what happens with his character next.

Comment by Angela – October 18, 2012 02:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You may want to remove the huge photo of the person that gets killed right next to your spoiler alert warning. Jackasses

Comment by Tapia – October 17, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here we go again, world! You would only see that photo if you clicked on the link, nimrod.

Comment by lauren – October 17, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would you click the link if you haven’t watch the show yet. JACKASS!!!

Comment by Eric McManus – October 17, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was actually Five deaths in that show because Sheriff Eli Roosevelt’s wife Rita was pregnant

Comment by Talon – October 17, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Talon,
      You’re right. 5 deaths, I thought about the pregnancy too.

Comment by cindy – October 17, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

Comment by Lisa – October 23, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish SOA came on EVER NIGHT!! :) It is tough waiting a whole week..lol

Comment by Sandy – October 17, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it takes anymore pornographic turns, I am out. I love the show, but Kurt is taking it too far.

Comment by Jeff Adams – October 17, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grow up….. Warnings before the show says TVMA Have you seen prior seasons. DAHAAAA!!!!

Comment by Mona Lisa – October 17, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i think it adds to the drama of the show, u cant just stop watching the show cause u dont like how it is going, he has a plan and its a “must watch” to see how i plays out….

Comment by marian berk – October 23, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they kept Carla around couple more episodes. Like wearing those hot outfits and tryingto convince Nero to get her job back and create more problems for Gemma. Then off herself. Jimmy lucky man Wanda is hot

Comment by paul – October 17, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hands down, the best show on television. I often become animated while watching….( I can’t help myself). Two humbs up for great show.

Comment by Enos – October 17, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can u make sure that when u make clay pay for all his betrayal. Make sure its Jacks who does the punnishing. Grate show been a fan from day 1. Keep up the good work. And its the #1 show.

Comment by julio jorge – October 17, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I “thought” it looked like the Nomads dumping Clay’s safe into the dumpster last week.
    Jax is going to have to do a lot of damage control. Clay is evil!

Comment by cindy – October 17, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everything happening is a result of clay. Involvement with the cartel. Tig killing popes daughter, then goin to jail, opie dying, them needing nomad support, home invasions, Gemma looking for a new man, finding Nero, it’s all clays mess still taking its toll, pineys death, jt death, mechanics death, I hope he gets tortured

Comment by Charlie Scott – October 17, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO TRUE THE (earrings ) PART WE LATINAS ALWAYS TEND TO TAKE THEM OFF RIGHT BEFORE A FIGHT THAT’S HOW YOU KNOW WHAT’S NEXT !! LOVE S.O.A MUCH RESPECT TO ALL THE CAST .

Comment by Somara g – October 17, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • …”It’s a small world afterall…”And now that has a new meaning! Lmao!!

Comment by Jenn Lawrence – October 17, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lmao small world, I gotta stop watching this, I start actin like the characters, im about to call a meeting at the table to discuss some things

Comment by Charlie Scott – October 17, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • every week, i can believe how awesome the show is and i find myself wishing Tuesday would hurry up. I know at some point its going to end and im dreading that day, Kinda like the Sopranos, i was lost when that show ended too, lol. Thank God for DVD series DVD’s!!!!!!

Comment by Alexis – October 17, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perfect episode. Exemplary pacing from start to the very last frame. Sidebar: When and how was Juice castrated? He’s no more than Clay’s bitch boy and quite inessential. When Gemma finally DOES die, she needs to be at her most vunerable. I feel a golden opportunity was missed tonight. Not seeing the bullet coming would have been a sublime way for her to go. Clay’s antics have become a giant bore. I don’t even see him as a classic villian; just a desperate man clutching at straws. Not many episodes left of the series – let’s start trimming the fat.

Comment by The Rock'n'Roll Elitist – October 17, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i have been a loyal fan since day one of the show…never miss it and am always posting it on facebook every tuesday reminding all to watch or else….lol…but i was so shocked with opie’s death and then when four death occured in last night episode i nearly passed out… i loved it thought when jax hit the correctional officer with the snow globe as kinda the way opie went out it was great and jax look on his face was super he nailed that scene perfectly…i just have a feeling in my gut i could be wrong but i think nero is more than he leads on to be i really feel there is going to be something big that will come out about him not sure what but feel he is a person that you really dont want to get on your bad side or he is something else but there is a plot going to come up about nero i just feel it. if not then it is still the best show on tv and i love mr. sutter for writing and creating it i never miss it and want and wish i could get that ladies shirt so bad one day i will i hope. thanks again darah

Comment by darah schilly – October 17, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was one tough ass snow globe!

Comment by J7Ocho – October 17, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • amen to that. I have never seen a snow globe survive a drop let alone beating someone with it!!! that is the worlds best snowglobe!!!

Comment by Obbie – October 17, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Britta Unfiltered, What exactly type of fairy tale show do you think your watching? This is about a biker gang for lords sake, not a bunch of tree huggers. Theres going to be violence and it is going to be done without a second thougt. To see Jax lose control in such a savage way?? Your joking right? I wonder how you would react to the man who essentially was responsible for the brutal, disgusting death of your best friend, that you had to witness with your own eyes. Anyone who can not easily stomach Kurts motives and actions of his characters in this show, really need to just stay away. If you are not ok with violence, then why even watch it in the first place? The show has been like this from day one, its not a new thing……unless your a fairweather viewer and just started getting into it because of the hype, i suggest you walk away now because it is bound to get far worse. Side note: Seeing Joel McHale was pretty great. The guest stars so far this season are crackin me up.

Comment by Felicia Sheffield – October 17, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Love SOA. The best show on tv by far!! Clay needs to get it and soon. I’d like to have seen the cop beat more before he was killed. I that Carlas death was fast and to the point. Kurt is awesome. I own all the DVDs and watch them before the new season starts

Comment by Bruce Meade – October 17, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see the REAL life of bikers riding and partying with other chapters. This is more like a soap opera for the morbid and perverted. Come on Sutter can’t you find some road trip time, and then maybe a friendly bar fight. ( like at the gun sale ) Keep it real !

Comment by Rocker Paul – October 17, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • keep up with the current events, there is a hells angel in there……dont say much but he is there…this is not a sissy show for u ppl who r complaining enjoy it this is how MC gangs r some worse…google one read it for ur self, they even have video on them…..

Comment by marian berk – October 23, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am an old aussie 1% ex patch holder and was for nearly 18 yrs of my life, and mr. Sutter has got it almost 90% right with his portrayal of Bikers, we do it a tad bit different over here though and dont go on many mixed runs with other patch clubs

Comment by Pete Worsley – November 2, 2012 02:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • SOA has never been a “defeat the bad guys” of the week,blow something up, go for a ride, then back to clubhouse a for beer & women kind of show, although Kurt throws those elements in as much as possible. It has always been a soap opera format & he is exploring the consequences of the lifestyle & very dark choices SAMCRO has made after JT was murdered by Clay. The lies & very bad deeds some have done are coming home to roost & it will not end well for most of them. The real draw of SOA is waiting to find. out what those consequences will be & who will be left standing in the end. It is a show based on a Shakesperean tragedy. We knew from that start it wouldn’t end well for everyone. The question is who & how.

Comment by Elaine Bondra – November 2, 2012 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kurt Sutter is a god! There’s not a series on Tv that has ever come close to the raw emotion and the good and evil that SOA has! Keep up the great work!

Comment by William DeFazio – October 17, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the fact that some of the characters like tara and jax are showing their darker side. I mean this is a motorcycle club and this is how real life clubs work. I can’t wait for jax to find out about clay n nope he kills him himself! That will b a great episode! N what’s going on with gemma, u used to look up to her n now she is going off the deep end. I want to see her straighten up n b the badass she was! But in the end I still love that they all pretty much have a soft side too. CAN’T WAIT TIL TUES!!!!!

Comment by jaime – October 17, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sick of everyone at work discussing “Army Wives”. YUCK. I finally got them all watched SOA. Now there’s something worth talking about! Thanks Kurt (& cast).

Comment by Vitaline LaPage – October 17, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show, if you’ve been a day one episode 1 fan, I’m wondering if Clay has to get well to be taken out the same way Jacks dad was taken out to tie into the constant up bring of his dads journals in past episodes? But on the flip side for Jacks to turn the club back around baised on his and his fathers wants for the club this all has to be pinned on Clay somehow so Jacks can turn the club back around to for that idea. And has anyone noticed given (not sure how old) age of Bobbie; (been around since possiable the miss haps of jacks father?) sits in idol for a VP???

Comment by Rach – October 17, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jax keeps looking for legit income – I think he sells his dads manuscript and they all become production supervisors!

Comment by blackglama – October 17, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when will Machete fight Chuck Zito?

Comment by james Burns – October 17, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m wondering if Clay got the goods on Juice (what went on last season) and that’s why Juice seems so loyal to him.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 17, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is everyone forgetting about The Shield, Kurt is a mad genius when it comes to these tv shows. He hooked me then, and havent missed a SOA show. Anyone that thinks this show is to violent, or not close enough to what a real biker gang is about, all I can say is whatever. SOA is the best show ever, the only show I watch weekly. And Kurt Sutter is a Mad Genius. Keep up the great work Kurt.

Comment by Charles T – October 17, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great comment..I too loved the Shield and SOA just keeps getting better…

Comment by Brena Moore – October 18, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. read the warning every week before you watch it. If you don’t like it turn the dam channel. I am 64 years old and this is the best program on tv . I DVR it for a few weeks then watch them all in one night.

Comment by Linda Reinert – November 3, 2012 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the documents are Jax’s birth certs not Clay/Gemma marriage certs. Knew all along that Clay was playing possum. Gotts think of a way to kill Pope but make it look like an accident/law enforcement or a rival gang – not that I think Pope put $5 million aside to kill his killer(s) – Tig is a likely suspect for Pope’s murder. Who replaced the bikes that were shot up in last week’s episode? Why are you seeing bikes drop every week now? Why did Tara lie about what Otto said?

Comment by blackglama – October 17, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gemma was approx. 6 months pregnant when she married JT, Clay and Jemma were not an item at that time. The irish paid for new bilkes. Tarra will bring Otto around. I think she will show him the death certificate and photos. She wants to show Jax she’s up to the task and does not want to disappoint him, not that he would be disappointed, Tarra is the love of his life!

Comment by laura – October 18, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m almost positive (because I hit rewind and watched it again about 50 times) that the documents they took from the safe and were looking at were, Clay & Gemmas marriage certificate & Thomas’ birth certificate. It’s been driving me crazy ever since! I can’t figure out how Thomas’ birth certificate fits into this?? Are they going to show that he didn’t really die as a youngster? Ugh! Can’t wait for tonight’s episode!!!

Comment by Jessica – October 23, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE the show can’t wait till next week to see what happens next.

Comment by Lydia – October 17, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s been hinted in various interviews that poor Juice is just naive when it comes to interpersonal relationships, so it’s easy to believe he has been snowed by Clay. I think there’s a dramatic moment in the future when Juice realizes he’s been played, possibly a pivotal moment. I’ve also read that Joel McHales’s character is a con man, so I’m thinking his badass older woman/can I buy you a drink pickup line is a little too convenient. There’s motive there, possibly Clay setting Gemma up with a man on his payroll – to get her away from Nero and to keep him informed. Lastly, I think there’s potential to bring Pope down along with the cartel with Jax informing on him to the CIA.

Comment by Elaine Bondra – October 17, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Jemma is a disgrace, once a crow eater always a crow eater. She throws around the word WHORE loosely,but she is the bigest one. A good look in the mirror Jemma. She was once on top, she has fallen. I think she thought she would be standing with Jax, not Tarra. What goes around comes around. She is just as much to blame for JT’s death as Clay. She’s the whisper in Clay’s ear. She is evil as Unser pointed out and it doesn’t sit well with the ex queen

Comment by laura – October 18, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was very disappointed to not see more interaction between Gemma and Carla. Two has-been queens, both still very powerful in their own right. I liked when Tara would challenge Gemma, but ultimately they are on the same team for the good of the club and the family, I thought Gemma needed a little outside competition!

Comment by Billie – October 17, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also, about the home invasions, for a minute, I did consider that maybe the White Power jerks were back from Season 1 working with the mayor…
    \

Comment by Billie Malone – October 17, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone else get the impression that Tara gave Otto what he wanted? She seemed to be upset or disgusted in the scenes after that..

Comment by Ts – October 18, 2012 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s gonna take care of him next time, didn’tyou catch when she told Jax she had to go back? Yum Yum Tara

Comment by Jim Hammond – October 23, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clay will never get whacked he will end up in the witness protection program, and rat out the whole gang

Comment by james Burns – October 23, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show! Keep up the great job.

Comment by kw359 – October 23, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • people getting bludgeoned to death is ok but some tit is a deal breaker.wow

Comment by moikea – October 23, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha! Exactly, what I was thinkin’. It’s Sons of Anarchy, not Sons and Daughters.

Comment by CJP – October 23, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked Carla’s character. You could tell she was very strong-willed but also slightly off her rocker in her devotion to Nero. She unintentionally pushed Nero and Gemma closer and closer together with the choices she made and itt was really unnerving her. I will miss her!! I wish she could have stayed on the show a little longer.

Comment by Ronda Christianson Garnett – October 23, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show, all these comments are great minus the negative lady. I trust that Sutter knows exactly how the story unfolds and has put each character in place for as long as necessary to further enhance the story. I am always impressed by each episode, they just keep getting better! I never want it to end! Kudos to the whole crew! Each actor portrays their character amazingly, I am hooked! Guess what people, it’s S.O.A. night! :)

Comment by Mrs. Charles – October 23, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also the sh*%y comment about the pic was just stupid, glad he was shut down fast!

Comment by Mrs. Charles – October 23, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kurt sutter….???? What a master mind!!!!!!!! Striaght n to the point…

Comment by kelly krueger – October 23, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • soa best on tv have anew puppy got on sunday his nane is jax his brother lives acouple houses up the street hope his name will be opie cant wait every week for the next episode only hope claygets what he deserves he has no loyalty to anyone but hisself love love love the show

Comment by linda reed – October 23, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sometimes you have to hit the very bottom before you can begin your rise to the top. Gemma is a phoenix, and she will rise from the ashes. Abel will live, otherwise Wendy’s entire storyline ends, and I see this fueling that story. To the people that keep swearing they will stop watching, all I can say is TRUST IN SUTTER.

Comment by Steve – October 24, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t get to watch this week, dammit, what happened with Gemma’s car crash and the boys?

Comment by Terry Nelson – October 31, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • was Otto supposed to know the voice of the new dude that beat him?Jax’s dad?been in wittiness protection?

Comment by Hellrazer – November 21, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post