Exclusive

Exclusive Video: Bones 'Pulls Apart' Angela and Hodgins! Plus: Why Is Brennan Crying?!

The break-up frenzy that upended Glee earlier this month appears to be spreading to Bones.

On the heels of Sweets and Daisy’s sad split, fresh evidence has emerged that strongly suggests the long-running drama is about to drive a wedge between Angela and Hodgins too!

RELATED | Bones Scoop: Get Ready to Meet Booth’s Mom!

“Everything that came together in Season 7 is going to fall apart in Season 8,” exec producer Stephen Nathan reveals in the latest installment of Fox’s “Breakfast with Bones” video series. Adds series creator Hart Hanson: “A good template for the [season is], ‘Let’s test everybody who’s in love.'”

That ominous discourse leads into a clip from the Nov. 26 episode that features Hodgins telling Angela, “If you ever leave me it’s gonna be for [spoiler].” (Nathan later confirms that they do indeed plan to “pull apart” the couple — could this guy be the trigger?)

VIDEO | Wedding Bells For Booth and Brennan?

And what about Booth and Brennan? Hanson and Brennan drop a cryptic tease about them as well before cutting to a worrisome clip of Brennan sobbing from the Nov. 12 episode.

Press PLAY below and then share your varying levels of anxiety in the comments!

1. If this is happening then i might start watching Bones. i agree with everyone on this page that Bones has turned to crap since they put Brennan and Booth together and they had that stupid baby. that was the reason why i also stopped watching Bones too. But if this is happening, then i might consider watching bones again!!

2. Heather says:

Leave Angela and Hodgins alone! Leave Booth and Brennan alone!!! Lets get on with solving crimes! Let them be happy.

3. lariah says:

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Keep everyone together :( I like them together

4. Marian says:

Hart and Nathan, Please do not turn Bones into the Young and the Restless; i.e, endless stupid break-ups and remarriages.

5. melanie says:

I honestly don’t care I watch the show because of all the murders and law related things I like the drama but not like that much drama bones actually inspired me b/c I now wanna go into forensics science and crimminal justice work

6. Lisa says:

I’ve watched this show fom the first episode and I swear if they break up both couples I will never watch another episode. The show is working as is.

7. Angela says:

I’ll be more annoyed if they break up Angela and Hodgins. I’ve rooted for them from day 1! As for Zach, I think the should bring him back, but as a victim. I know, I know. I liked him too but he worked for a psycho, so killing him would make for a really good, emotional episode- just saying. AND the psycho they have this year is perfect to pull it off…. The way he has access to computer records and such…. duh duh duh (that’s should read like creepy drama music)

8. Tanya says:

why cant they just leave things alone! looks like its another show i will quit watching. geez

9. Amber says:

I like Booth and Bones new dynamic and I don’t understand the pull Angela/Hodgins apart bit. Sure, love can be tested but it doesn’t mean to the point of leaving always. Drama is one thing, breaking apart good people that make great characters is another

10. Linda W says:

Ok picture this….the painting named “The Scream”….the one where the weird looking guy is screaming with his hands on his cheeks…..THAT’S ME!!!!!!!

11. Ashley says:

So I really feel that they are making the wrong desicion in pulling these couples apart for certain reasons. 1) They had the Daisy/Sweets break up that shows the realty that someone said they are good at putting in this show. 2) Hodgins and Angela are married. I understand that some marriages don’t last but that does not mena that theirs cannot. 3) They have allowed people to grow attached to the coules only to rip them out like a rug.

12. madbengalsfan85 says:

Think people are hitting the panic button a bit early…”pull apart” doesn’t mean a break up…just means some tension…Bones isn’t going to break up either couple (Besides, they broke up Hodgela once). I for one, am loving this season

13. c says:

I know I’m in the minority, but I’d be okay with Hodgens and Angela breaking up. She kinda bugs me and I think he could do better. That said I don’t think they really will break up, but trouble in paradise for them could make for some interesting episodes.

14. fullie says:

I agree with the majority of the comments above especially Reba’s. Grown-up mature people work on their relationship and shouldn’t give up easily. We paitentley waited for 6 season to see Booth and Brennan to get their act together and become a couple. Anglea and Hodgins too! I’m sick of seeing writers get people together only to see them split the said couples up. There’s enough doom and gloom in the world, so have a heart you bones writers because people still do stay together in the real world.

15. Lisa brown says:

Leave them all alone there great couples and its great to see that not everyone splits up so leave them alone as I love watching the show if ya gone make them all fall apart I wnt b watching it anymore there all great as a team and great to watch t spoil it it u will make people watch something else as it will get stupid

16. Carl says:

Oh look a shark, i wonder if i can jump over it…

…yep it appears we can!

17. Henry says:

My favorite season was the 3rd one, BONES became to weird lately for example Camille seems to get annoyed to stupid stuff making her look like she is a weirdo! O_o
    and now we will have couples break up? Since when this show became Greys Anatomy?

18. Phillip says:

I see what they’re doing there. Tricking us and stuff. People, isn’t the Nov. 12 episode when Bones returns and isn’t it that episode where they go up against that crime scene cleanup crew?? And isn’t the Hodgins/Angela episode the one that was supposed to be one of the extra episodes?? Why in the blue hell are these guys stirring up the pot when they already revealed what the episodes are going to be???

19. Kaylee says:

I love drama but only when it doesn’t involve Bone’s and Booth’s relationship :)

20. Beate says:

Angela and Hodgins make such a cute couple. After all the worrying they have been through with their baby, I would be disapointed if they broke up over something rediculous. I hope there will just be some slight tensions, the way it happens in every relationship once in a while, but in the end they’ll stay together. Sometimes, they can be a little too perfect, but it’s nice to see two people so much in love – even if it’s just TV!!!

21. Bernstein says:

is it just me who is like- ok, i get that season 7 was shorter and Emily got pregnant BUT i waited 6 years to watch all the drama and fun about when
    1) B&B got together – and im NOT talking about why wasnt a sex scene
    2) how did they tell everyone, how they found out?!
    3) what was everyones reaction!!!!!!!
    4) what happened to ” the line” ???!!!
    5) how could they remain partners when all the time ir was like: ” the FBI wont let us work together” ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    6) AND soooo much! C’mon thats why there are FLASHBACKS!!!! i wanna watch everything and not just read in fanfictions :( cant believe they took away the most important 5 month in BONES history :(
    ps: i still love the show!

22. Laura says:

They are really running out of stories…… Bones has become a shadow of its former self.
    Now the tease if Brennan and Booth…. maybe breakup.

It is to the point…… I could cares less.

23. adriana says:

maybe messing with the relationships,pulling them apart,even pairing them off with each other or letting them form new relationships will reignite something or force them back together.

24. Deborah says:

Season 8 has been a big disappointment. The ratings are suffering. The plots are just silly -like having Brennan wanting to run for President. No good crime solving. The drama should stem from the couples doing dangerous jobs and working long hours. The idea of splitting up the couples is boring and will nail the coffin of a great show. The characters are so far off track. People don’t get bizarre. Yes, people change – but they don’t morph into shallow silly characters. These are scientists will full intellectual capacity. We’re not watching Honey Boo Boo grasp reality. The writers need to pay attention if they like working on this show. Sad, but I don’t see this show coming back for a Season 9.

25. Sabrina says:

As long as Angela and hodgins get back together, I’ll be Okay. But seeing them break up forever will ruin everything. THEY HAVE A BABY FOR GODS SAKE!
    And if booth and Brennan break up I’m totally dumping this show. There’s so much drama going on with the characters that the murders are getting boring! Trust me, I’m a fan. My nickname in school is “bones”. Because I’m exactly like temperance. Even though she doesn’t actually exist I am a necromancist. I follow this show intensely. Whatever you do… Get all them couples back together! And focus on the murder and that, the real meaning of the show, not unnecessary drama like this.

26. E. says:

Okay, I’ll say it right now. No matter what happens, no matter how much I hate what they’ve done, I won’t stop watching. This is my favourite show, a must-watch, and I couldn’t stand to just leave it behind because of Hart and Stephen being annoying. I, in truth, am waiting in extreme anticipation each week to see what my favourite characters will do next, whether I hate what happens or not. It’s all going to add up to something in the end. [Mind you, the dance episode seems almost a little to much, but…]

I will admit though; leave Hodgins and Angela alone for once. They’ve been through enough. I’m okay with them having a few problems; every couple is going to have them. No couple is perfect [as much as we’d love them to be], but these two really deserve to have a chance to just be together without worrying about splitting up. Hell, all of the characters deserve to have a season where no relationships are terribly altered, none of our beloved squinterns leave, and they can really just focus on some of those cute little family aspects we all love to see and solving the murders that are the basis for this show.

And I will be terribly upset if they break up Brennan & Booth or have something else go wrong for them. I have been a shipper since the pilot episode, but if the writers have chosen to do it, they obviously have some sort of plan in mind that will hopefully satiate viewers growing worries and annoyances over what they’ve been doing since the end of last season. In my opinion, I don’t care if they break them up so long as they get back together again.

As a final note, I agree with quite a few other commenters. Don’t go ranting about “if they do this I’m done with this show!” or “Screw this! They’ve ruined the entire show, and if one more thing goes wrong, I’m going to stop watching”. Chances are, the writers are bound to do something that you aren’t going to like. Get over it. Think of the things that you have liked each season, and hope that they’ll bring some of that back.

And, now that my little rant-review is over, I think I’m going to go watch some Bones. :)

27. Mary ann says:

Why is breaking up a couple the only thing writers can think of to do after getting them together? What about actually putting some effort into writing them in a way that keeps them interesting while together? Is this such a foreign concept. Im sorry but this speaks to lack of originality on the part of the writers. Its like they all subscribe to the same formula
    Will they wont they, then together, than break up. Let’s challenge these writers to try something different even if it means a bit more work rather than just the same old tired scenarios. I do not want Hodges and Angie to break up, seriously , why do producers insist on jerking audiences around like this? i’m so tired of it. I started watching this show recently because of the relationships, thrilled that i had finally found a series that showed couples in love working together, growing and still having fun.

28. anonymous says:

Aaaaah, they are evil!!! DX I didn’t mind when Daisy and Sweets broke up (because I really don’t like Daisy :P), but don’t break up Angela and Hodgins, or Brennan and Booth, that would suck!

29. Laura says:

BRENNAN and SULLY…. have Sully return and have Brennan think about leaving Booth for
    Sully.

30. hotshot says:

I’ll just bet if Bones producers surveyed the fans about splitting up Angela and Hodgins, the response would be a resounding, NO. I have tried to stay with this show that is now almost unrecognizable from its original premise. I never watched soaps and I’m not gonna start now. Time to move on.

31. brennanbooth says:

Wow . . . The reactions to this article are blown waay out of proportion, IMO! Has anyone ever heard of skewing the truth? Exaggerating what really will happen in order to get viewers to watch? It’s called good promotion and apparantly the majority of posters on here are playing right into the writers of the show’s and blogger’s hands.

Neither B&B nor Hodgins & Angela are going anywhere. The writers are causing a little bit of realistic conflict between these couples to keep the show interesting. Swaying too much in either the happy or angsty direction would be a mistake and I think that HH and SN realize that. They know better than to change the show into a soap.

And as far as the drama goes, real-life couples fight and disagree – that doesn’t automatically mean they’re headed for a breakup. Couples are tested, but the strongest ones survive and I believe both couples have gone through enough obstacles to prove that they can make it through anything.

There’s nothing to worry about, IMO.

32. Heather says:

Okay I love bones to a emph digree and I have waited years for booth and bones to get together I don’t think they should be split up I mean for one booth has been through enough heartache from the women in his life and honestly hodgins and Angela have been through enough like how many obstacles do they need to face I mean they have a baby they need to be steady for that but I won’t go as far to say I’m going to stop watching it of something does happen because I love the show and the solving of crimes<3

33. Jo says:

what does booth say at the end of the clip? i can’t make it out

34. ben says:

Can’t believe I just read every comment but here’s my take. Being from the UK where season 8 hadn’t even aired its season premier yet this news is worrying but they are so many possibilities for wot they said. Going back to season 6 hh said that s7 would touch more on relationships but Emily’s pregnancy altered plans so the bonus episodes from s7 could be these relationship arcs there on about. I’m sure hh is aware that ending bb would kill the show not just on the fan side of things but with all booth been through and Brennan running off with Christine he would never be able to be around Brennan let alone continue to work with her so try to think before slamming the vid but I won’t find out til s8 comes to UK which doesn’t have a date yet just sometime in early 2013

35. JC says:

To me it sounds like the most inane, and least creative thing I’ve heard since the “this season will be darker (because it is very fashionable)” junk from ComiCon. He might have well said “We have run out of ideas, so we are going to do all the sorts of things ya do when that happens, cuz we pretty sure you’ll watch anyway”

36. Knl says:

LEAVE BRENNAN AND BOOTH ALONE, I THINK SPLITTING THEM UP WILL RUIN THE SHOW I THINK ANGELA AND HODGINS SHOULD STAY TOGETHER ASWELL

37. Alice Cleary says:

Please bring back Zack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. Joshua says:

i think they should break up Angela and Hodgins. I don’t know why Hodgins would want to stay married to her anyway. She is a hypocrite and a cheater. She keeps Brennan’s secret all summer and says he could tell him because Brennan made her promise. And then when Hodgin’s finds out about Cam and Vaziri and doesn’t tell Angela she tries to make him feel bad. Saying ‘I’m your wife”. And then he asks for her forgiveness. I don’t know why he felt he had to apologize. And then Angela kisses an artist and acts like it’s no big deal. I just really can’t stand her character, because she thinks she can do whatever she wants and doesn’t have to answer for anything she does.

• Bee says:

I agree. She had no problem with how Hodge felt when she dated Wendell. She does not deserve Hodge! The writers need to do something about that!

39. PaulM says:

Just what we need.. another damn “feel bad” story. What is it with tv people.. don’t any of you believe that life can be good?

40. A good SSAT Guide is definitely an important step in assuring yourself that you will
    have the perfect score whenever you go on it. These questions not only help to measure
    the student. When exams come throughout the semesters,
    you should have the notes you took when reading the college textbook and the notes from attending class.

41. Sylvia Hanks says:

I love Bones! but was not happy about Sweets dieing, and really not happy about Angela and Hodgins divorce