Castle Recap: 'Kate! Her Name Was Kate!'

Get More: Recaps

This week on ABC’s Castle, Rick and Kate did their very best to keep their romantic weekend getaway to the Hamptons on the down low, lest anyone back at the precinct get wise to their secret relationship.

But what’s the saying about “best laid plans”…?

RELATED | Castle Déjà Scoop: Nathan Fillion Faces Off With His One Life to Live Predecessor

During my visit to the set back in July, when I asked Seamus Dever how the boys might respond once the “Caskett” romance is revealed to the rest of the 12th, he said, “I think Ryan’s ultimate reaction will be, ‘Yeah, so? We thought it would’ve happened four years ago.’ I think that’s what Ryan would feel – ‘Finally! God, the tension! We can move on with our lives.’”

Instead, his take boiled down to three little words: Son of a….

Backing up a bit…. Castle and Beckett’s getaway was interrupted pretty promptly — and just as some skinny dipping was about to ensue — when a gunshot victim stumbled into Rick’s pool. The vic had snitched on some fellow financial scam pals, and was seen fighting with his mistress on the beach not long before dying (Hi, Carly No. 2!), so there were multiple suspects of varying degrees. One of them Kate and Rick interrogated together, while helping out local police chief Brady — and it was that same suspect who, when grilled a second time back in New York City, unwittingly dropped quite the bombshell in Ryan’s lap as he described his Q&A with Castle and “his girlfriend,” a tall, brown-haired girl with an “awesome” body. “Kate!” the guy eventually recalled. “Her name was Kate!”

Did Ryan immediately share his findings with Rick during their next check-in? Nope. Instead, he teased, “I’m pretty sure that Lerner told me everything,” as Caskett, via speakerphone, hung on his every word. Neither did he come clean to Esposito, with whom he had spent much of the hour gathering clues about Beckett’s mystery boyfriend. Rather, he argued, to Espo’s disappointment, they should let Kate’s private life be private.

RELATED | Castle Exclusive: Lost Alum and The Closer Vet to Guest-Star in Mafia-Tinged Installment

Speaking of Kate’s private life, and despite the intrusion of murder, there were fun and/or romantic moments to be found, including and beyond Kate’s inclination to take a late-night swim au naturel. Chief Brady mistaking Kate for a hooker. The two of ‘em getting heated and closing in to a clinch as they hashed out the final details of the murder mystery. Beckett’s sexy epilogue there in the candlelight, about how “nothing, not even another murder on the beach, could stop her from getting… what she desired… most.”

But for my money, and perhaps yours, the two top moments were, in no particular order:

* Kate taking in the “spectacular” scenery of Rick’s Hamptons home, yet unable to not “wonder how many other girls have gotten this tour.” Rick allows that while yes, there were others, “None of them were you.”

* Rick mulling what their “couple name” would be à la Brangelina. “Rickate…? Kate-ick…? Caskett! Ooh, that’s a good one, because of the whole murder thing.”

Have you ever met a meta moment you didn’t like?

Tags:

Comments (95)

• Loved This Episode Just Hate That it’s on the same time as Revolution. I guess that’s what dvr is for lol :D

Comment by adam – October 15, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hilarious episode and I cannot wait until the 29th with its SPN-esque dead body on the ceiling.

Also, I love that Tamara Braun was on, which brings our Carly count up to 2/4. We just need whoever that woman that replaced Tamara for a week was and Laura Wright to get 4/4.

Comment by Liz – October 15, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^This (:

Comment by Lauren – October 15, 2012 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha! I had to imdb Carly’s because I was like ‘wait, wasn’t Carly already the bachelorette?’

Comment by Jen – October 16, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Haha, I did the exact same thing!

Comment by Clara – October 21, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVED this episode! Seriously, the chemistry between those two is unbelievable. Of course I loved the hot ending, but I agree about one of the best moments being when Castle told Beckett that none of the other women were her. I love when one of them manages to say exactly the right thing at exactly the right time- must come from all those years of that so not happening! The show has been SO good this season. It’s like old school early season fun with them being together. Doesn’t get better than that! Thanks for the recap!

Comment by Kate – October 15, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still can’t believe that this show keeps getting better and better for the best ways possible! I loved this episode and can’t wait for next!

Comment by Avi Quijada (@Alleyphile) – October 15, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the episode. So far this season Castle is 4 for 4.

Comment by eridapo – October 15, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree. Four keepers! This is the first time iTunes has ever gotten my money four weeks in a row.

Comment by Lisa – October 16, 2012 02:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t love this episode as much as I wanted to…

Comment by martina – October 15, 2012 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Good. Marlowe is a frigging genuis not only has he handled thier relationship well but he’s made the entire show a thousand times better. thank god for dvr all i can say now i can go watch it again

Comment by James – October 15, 2012 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved it! On viewing #3 already….. yep I suffer from Obsessive Castle Disorder…..and I’m not ashamed to admit it!

Comment by VACastlefan – October 15, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, does it get any better than this season. The relationship is still in development, which is what the viewer wants. And although the dialogue is great, nothing beats the glances they give each other, especially Beckett to Castle. Too bad we have to wait two weeks for the next episode.

Comment by Diane – October 15, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, next episode’s going to be AMAZING!

Comment by martina – October 15, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best interrogation scene ever! Had me in stitches laughing!

Comment by Jess – October 15, 2012 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • my husband Rick laughed so hard he cried. i went another route.. i wet myself… sighs

Comment by cait1626 – October 25, 2012 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve died and gone to Caskett heaven. Because this show cannot be real. It’s just too good.

Comment by Ky Johnson – October 15, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ryan. Finding out. Was the best.

Comment by Jane – October 15, 2012 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The look on Ryan’s face when the guy said Castle’s girlfriend was named Kate? Absolutely priceless! And the fact that he’s keeping this veritable bombshell a secret – even from best bro Espo – definitely speaks to his loyalty and friendship.

Comment by Dreamrose – October 16, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I suspect that another reason for Ryan not telling, is that he knows what the ethical implications are. It’s not that he thinks that Esposito would go to the Captain or anything, but that the fewer peope who know, the less likely it is that anything will slip.

Comment by znachki – October 17, 2012 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Don’t forget, Ryan already got in trouble with friends for spilling to Gates in the finale.

Comment by morrison – October 17, 2012 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enjoyed the episode a lot. Smiled when Castle said “serenity” when describing his place to Beckett, heh-heh.

Comment by JeffDJ – October 15, 2012 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh yeah – that was a serious Firefly shoutout. Made me grin.

Comment by Annie – October 16, 2012 04:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite moment was when he came up with their couple name: Caskett! That was a little tip of the hat to the many fans, including me, who waited and waited for their coupling to happen. Great episode!

Comment by Chloe – October 15, 2012 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my favorite moment, too. So cute!

Comment by Lorie – October 16, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How about the name “kate-ick”? Referring to Stana’s last name? Made me grin even wider ;-)

Comment by jamie – October 22, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVED this episode. Way to go, Castle writing staff! The only downer was the preview for next episode. PLEASE tell me that I’m not going to have to suffer through another several-week torture fest involving a Caskett rift. I don’t think my poor heart could take that (again). ;-(

Comment by Lauren – October 15, 2012 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You won’t. Rest assured. They will come out stronger than ever. You’ll see…

Comment by Caskett – October 16, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Marlowe has said they’re not going to break them up; it’s more about seeing them navigate the ups and downs of a relationship. So we’ll likely see them fight/be upset with each other in this upcoming episode, but I honestly don’t think it will carry over into the next episode.

Comment by Katherine215 – October 16, 2012 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Trust the writers. They haven’t let us down yet this season.

Comment by Cheryl Linari – October 24, 2012 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed the ep, but I must say (and please don’t hate me for this) that I am disapointed with Castle. He’s bee trying to get Kate to the Hamptons for years. She is so excited about going (you can see her watchig the clock at the precient wating for 5:00), and then he seems to be more concerned with the murder then with her. I kind of felt sorry for her. You can see thoughout the ep that what she wants is to have romantic times with Castle. She just wanted a romantic weekend with Castle. Did you notice the commet she made when she made dinner& Castle told her, “I didn’t know you could cook” and she said, “You need to pay more attention.” The epwas funny, but I think AM should have given us more Caskett romantic moments. At least had Castle seemed more interested in Kate.

Comment by Marilyn – October 15, 2012 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well kate does the same thing to castle almost at the end of the episode! i thought the ep was great, and castle is getting better by the minute!!!

Comment by luli – October 15, 2012 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel like you kind of missed the humor in him being so into the case, and then her turning around and doing it to him. It was supposed to be ironic/amusing that neither of them could stop being themselves.

And honestly, I thought it was chock full of Caskett moments. It is a detective show, after all, it can’t just be 43 minutes of them gazing adoringly at each other. That’s boring anyway, imo. I like watching them interact and be normal together.

Comment by Katherine215 – October 16, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100%. Castle (the character) used to be such a romantic and now he behaves like he doesn´t care about Kate , it´s weird. I like this season but I need more romantic scenes and at least one long meaningful kiss .

Comment by Laura – October 16, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was thinking the same thing. The handshake last week was great but they are on a romantic weekend can we get a little bit of heat?

Comment by Dannielle L Helmlinger – October 16, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know. It’s wierd. I guess it’s typical. The guy acts like he loves the girl until he gets her and then immediately takes her for granted. I’m in the disappointed camp….especially given that next episode will be an exercise in torture.

Comment by T – October 16, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think we all need to use our imaginations and fill in the details about what’s happening in between the moments that are on camera and in the episode. They probably touched and teased all the way out to the Hamptons for one thing. Also, between arriving and going for the (didn’t get to happen) swim, I’m thinking Castle definitely entertained Kate in the bedroom, etc. etc. After all, it’s not 24; there’s a lot that happens that we don’t get to see.

Comment by Guppy – October 16, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not to mention that final scene. I mean, the way they act around each other all the time and the looks on their faces, especially when the other is in the room (and attempts to hide their love), pretty much means that off camera, they’re entertaining each other when they can/want (to use Guppy’s word :)). I don’t question it; I just enjoy all the Casketty goodness that we get on screen.

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – October 16, 2012 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loved the look on ryans face when kates name was dropped it was priceless

Comment by ollie – October 15, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate-ick.. Katic… Was sure someone else would have pointed that out first :)

Comment by Jake – October 15, 2012 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I thought!!! Everyone is talking about the othername droppings and referrals but the one that made me grin the widest is not mentioned. Thanks :-P

Comment by jamie – October 22, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a great episode. Nathan and Stana are seriously killing it. They always had amazing chemistry but this season they are on another level and transition to Caskett as a couple was flawless.

Comment by Ivy – October 15, 2012 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought that Ryan would tell Espo, but it was sweet that he decided to keep their secret. Still, I think it would be funny if Ryan, Espo and Lainie all knew about their relationship but tortured them with oblique references that made Beckett and Castle wonder what they know. :-)

I am not happy about the previews, but I have to hope that Marlowe plans to keep them together. The alternative is too awful to think about.

Comment by MelindaB – October 15, 2012 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ryan is married…he knows that their relationship must be something special if it has taken them this long and are hiding it to protect it.

Comment by zoot – October 16, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is addictive and delicious. It combines the best of a procedural with the continuity of a good romantic soap. This is a show for everyone and unlike other shows who have tanked after the two leads finally get together, the writing this season has surpassed previous seasons. It is outstanding and I don’t understand how the ratings are not much higher. Tonight was a ‘cherry on the top’ kind of episode. When Ryan figured out that Beckett was with Castle it was just too, too good. I whoope’d all the way. Love it!

Comment by Ana – October 15, 2012 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, love, just all around LOVE this episode! The beginning with her watching the clock was cute, she wanted to go SO bad! Ryan and Espo vowing to find out who the secret BF is “to protect her.” Kate’s face when they said they weren’t scared of her (they should be). “None of them were you” (swoon). That final scene…WOW!! And then there was Ryan…I’ve never seen him that worked up in an interrogation! But he got the info. “Son of a…” is right! Also thought it was super sweet that he didn’t tell.

Comment by Christy – October 15, 2012 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh and Castle labeling them with their shipper name was just icing on the cake!! Casket forever!!

Comment by Christy – October 15, 2012 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved this episode – even if the case portion was a bit weak. Nathan and Stana have an unbelievable chemistry. But the happy part of S5 is over and we are back to serious Castle in 2 weeks. God help us.

Comment by Kim – October 15, 2012 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVED this episode!! Too many great moments to point just one:) And the chemistry between NF and ST, WOW!! It was always there from ep.1, but this season I can´t find a word to describe it, it´s just… natural, organic, whatever!
    About next episode, looks dense and hard to watch, but the way this season has been handled, I´m sure I´ll like it vey much:)

Comment by Maria Ferreira – October 16, 2012 01:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode cracked me up so hard… so much fun stuff in this one. And I honestly was not expecting Ryan to be the first of the team to find out, and especially not like that. Very sweet of him to keep it a secret, though (although you *know* he’s going to milk it for all it’s worth for a while).

Comment by Stephanie – October 16, 2012 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt’s favorite moments were mine as well. I will add Ryan’s interrogation as well. I was laughing so hard when he was acting so tough.

I re-watched as soon as it ended it was they good. The new writers have really infused the show with a great energy so far.

‘Probable Cause’ will be more serious but I don’t mind as I know NF will be great. I only hope Beckett’s moments of doubt are resolved quickly.

Comment by Lisa – October 16, 2012 03:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode was hilarious. Castle trying to come up with a shipper name was to die for! My favorite was moments were Beckett and Castle’s sexy time! Stana is frickin’ hot!

Comment by Dean – October 16, 2012 04:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show gets better every week..Those two has a chemistry between them that is awsome..Loved all of it..It will be really hard have to wait two weeks before the next epsoide..Little worried about that one,,Castle seems to get arrested for murder…Beckett is crying..Two weeks is going to be a long long time…… This show gets better and better…

Comment by ann – October 16, 2012 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chief Brady with the red eye Shark? Jaws anyone? And Caskett and Kevin’s interrogation – OMG Marlowe you are a genius. Love every moment of this episode

Comment by Nan – October 16, 2012 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best episode ever!

Comment by Trista – October 16, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find it interesting that Kate still calls Rick ‘Castle’. Is she trying to maintain some emotional distance? In the past she has called him Rick in personal moments. The use of first or last name has always been an indicator of their emotional connection so I find it very interesting.

Comment by mdb – October 16, 2012 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Someone asked Terri Edda (Andrew Marlowe- the show creator/runner- wife) about this on twitter and she said after 10+ years of marriage she sill calles him Marlowe.

Comment by Andrea – October 16, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think she’ll call him Rick eventually, after a new emotional line has been rossed, maybe in Probable Cause, I just saw her crying in the promo video

Comment by FAK – October 16, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love that she calls him Castle. It’s like her name for him. Everyone else calls him Rick, but Beckett and the rest of the 12th calls him Castle.

Comment by Katherine215 – October 16, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mulder and Scully never changed their names for each other.

Comment by mimi dunkelman – October 16, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At this point Castle just fits them more than her calling him Rick. Maybe at odd times she can call him Rick but otherwise…

Comment by crochetowl – October 16, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that crochetowl said the 12th calls him that and thats why she does. But I also think that she will call him Rick when the relationship gets more serious and she feels like part of the Castle family. At this point she is not being included (yet) as a part of his life at home, with his mother and daughter. When she will be included in that part of his life and she feels like she, in a way belongs there, she wil call him Rick like his mother and daughter does

Comment by jamie – October 22, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle! Your California is showing. No New Yorker says “up here” referring to the Hamptons or the Island– it is always “out here”.

Comment by Morisot – October 16, 2012 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My fave part of the episode was the reference to caskett. That was a hi to all the castle fandom. Soooo cute. I also love the end scene. Talk about steamy!

Comment by mariel – October 16, 2012 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this episode. There were so many cute Caskett moments! The end was just fabulous. All of Matt’s favorite moments were mine as well! I also loved Ryan in this episode, Seamus Dever is just wonderful. The case also had a nice twist to it that I didn’t see coming. Such a wonderful well rounded episode!

Comment by Andrea – October 16, 2012 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ryan’s interrogation was a riot (and his reaction at the end of it) and wasn’t surprised he’s keeping Caskett a secret.

Comment by crochetowl – October 16, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • iTunes is getting a ton of business from me so far this season.

Comment by Caskett is canon – October 16, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show is getting better and better!!

Comment by baba – October 16, 2012 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome episode!

Comment by sara – October 16, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the Caskett relationship (and I loved the reference in the show) has to become public for these two characters to progress. I can buy the “secret” thing for now, but if it goes on all season it’s going to get tired. I have to give Marlowe credit for, at least so far, keeping the Caskett relationship a side story and not making it the central focus of the show (which has been the kiss of death for a number of previous shows). But there is a lot of fresh territory to explore with Beckett and Castle as a couple, and I’m not sure it can be adequately explored with them sneaking around. I think the solution is to do it in small doses and not corrupt the core premise of the show. Making Beckett and Castle a couple then avoiding the topic isn’t an answer — just address it and move on. And what’s with the “secret” anyway? Office romances didn’t seem to be a problem when Beckett dated Demming or when Lanie and Esposito were a couple. Why is it a problem now? Castle, technically, doesn’t even work there and he’s friends with the mayor. It seems like a manufactured issue to me. Lastly, on a technical note — ENOUGH WITH THE SHADOWS! I’m okay with the yellow tint. I realize that retro look is hot right now. But the whole show looks like it was shot in a tunnel. Even the exterior shots looked dark in this episode. In the scene where Beckett and Castle had the gangster over for lunch Katic’s face was nearly obscured in shadow. Please, I beg you, add some fill lighting. You’re taking this “look” a little too far. There are a lot of really cool post production video effects out there, but I think you’re always better off using them selectively and with some restraint (hint: when you can’t see the faces of your central characters, you might be overdoing it).

Comment by Tom – October 16, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Beckett and Demming didn’t work together as partners, and neither do Lanie and Esposito. Castle and Beckett do, and Gates would use any and all excuse to get rid of Castle. Especially after the dolls. :)

Comment by Katherine215 – October 16, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you sure it’s not your television. I didn’t note any lighting issues on mine. Everything was lit fine.

Comment by Jen – October 16, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not my television — other programming looks fine. It’s the post-production effect they’re using. Other shows use it too (Hawaii five-0 and NCIS for example). It gives a nice retro look but it darkens the shadows. You can compensate by adding more fill.

Comment by Tom – October 16, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOOOOOOL Jen… Everything was lit fine here too

Comment by FAK – October 16, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe you need to tune your settings. Everything looked good.

Comment by GK – October 16, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree but Marlowe already teased that the relationship would be totally public within the first third of the season and so far, Alexis, Martha and Ryan are no longer in the dark, so it’s not gonna get tired! Let’s just keep on trusting our beloved showrunner who’s been doing such an awesome job for over 4 years now…

Comment by FAK – October 16, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Adjust your TV to vivid for shows that shoot in the dark. CSI does it a lot, too. The one thing that made me nuts is in this wonderful episode was when they pulled up in front of Castle’s house the car was facing right, but seconds later in the long shot it was facing left. OCD.

Comment by Tara – October 16, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved, loved, loved this episode! I’ll have to see it again this wkend. Ryan’s reaction made me LOL. Kudos to him for keeping their secret!

Comment by Lorie – October 16, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This ep was pure awesomeness. Fantastic job! It was just perfect. My favorite moment: Kate, discovering the house, completely lost and realizing who she’s really dating, so touching to see her feeling like an insecure woman who wants to be her man’s first true love!
    The writing was great and he light hearted edge to it reminded me of old romcoms like Frank Capra’s. Stana is an incredible and unique actress, and I think she is to TV what Julia Roberts is to the big scren.
    Murder, He Wrote was I think the funniest Castle ep ever & one of my absolute favorites along with 47 Seconds, Pandora&Linchpin, Always and a few more… And the Caskett reference… Season 5 so far is amazing and fun, best show out there hands down…

Comment by FAK – October 16, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In love with this episode.. love it!

Comment by Laura – October 16, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly laughed more in the first twenty minutes of this episode than I do for most shows that are actually considered comedies. Looks like this episode will be a nice contrast to the next. Fantastic and I loved all the little shout-outs. Ryan’s interrogation and reaction were hysterical.

Comment by AT – October 16, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode was hilarious. I loved that everyone thought Kate was Castle’s hooker girlfriend. Also loved that Ryan uncovered the secret romance but like a gentleman, kept the information to himself. I am so happy the showrunners decided to go back to creating fun episodes after the last year’s dark season. Cannot wait to see what happens in the next episode – the lady on the ceiling and Castle being arrested for murder looks like an awesome story.

Comment by tvdiva – October 16, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally loved this episode!!! Laughed my gut out in that interrogation scene!! LOOOL Ryan!!!……And then i just HAD to go and see the promo on Youtube….now i’m crying my eyeballs out… :’(

Comment by Krithika – October 16, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There were so many amazing moments in this episode it’d be impossible to list them all without taking all day. The shots, the direction, the scenery, the dialogue, the acting, the story…everything was amazing. It was a feast for the eyes and spirit, this one. This show has earned every bit of adoration it gets.

Comment by KDub – October 16, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did not enjoy this episode as much as the first 3 this season, which I thought were epic. I think part of it may have to do with the suppoting cast – they really weren’t a part of this episode as much or interacting with Caskett and I really enjoy that a lot. It reminds me of Fringe where I need Walter, Peter, and Olivia together to make it special or on White Collar where I need Neal, Peter, and Mozzi together.

Comment by davej – October 16, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where was Kate’s scar?! All those V necks and no scar, guess she’s super good at applying cover up.
    Other than that, enjoyed all the caskett moments, I also loved the scene in the morgue with Esposito, Ryan and Lanie. I wish we could have more Lanie.

Comment by Jen – October 16, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Isn’t the scar almost on the side of her breast? I wouldn’t think you’d be able to see it unless her shirt is pretty far down. Castle had to unbutton her shirt in Always for us to see it.

Comment by Katherine215 – October 16, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe not in the shirts, but there’s no way it wouldn’t been seen when she’s wearing the dress and the lingerie at the end, they’ve got really deep V-necks. Just checked and Castle only undoes one button on her dress shirt in “Always” and the scar is pretty central and about an 1-1.5″ above the middle of her bra. There’s full on frontal shots of Stana Katic in the dress and there’s no scar… and likely no bra either (brawatch ;-D)… and now I have spent way more time examining Stana Katic’s chest than I ever thought I would.
        Random thing to fixate on, but they’ve had her in turtle necks or button-ups for the past season, so I guess I just thought that if they were gonna change up her wardrobe they would make sure that the scar was there, or there would be no doubt that we couldn’t see it.

Comment by Jen – October 16, 2012 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay~ the Hamptons were nice. However, the episode on 10/29 will show us not what Castle is made of – we know he has secrets (lots of them); it will however show us who Kate is with regards to their being partner in the 12th and out of it. The question is… can Kate take the heat? And can Castle trust her enough to tell her the truth, no matter what? This is what makes them so great as a couple in crime and out! Thanks_ Marlowe and crew for such great season starters! :)

Comment by Castanati – October 16, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of the shippers couples on television that works for me. Has sort of a Nick and Nora Charles feel to it. Unlike Tiva where Tony and Ziva best remain coworkers and friends.

Comment by BFralia – October 16, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVED this episode. I know the writers can do an amazing job of keeping them together and not making it boring. Castles reputation alone is a years worth of stories for them to figure out how Castle and Beckett come from two different worlds but truly belong together and care for each other and will make it work. Please no break-ups and make-ups!

Comment by zoot – October 16, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post