Comic-Con

Hot Video: Arrow Preview Reel Teases John Barrowman, Deathstroke, Huntress and More

The CW’s Arrow has an unexpectedly loaded quiver as it unspools its first stretch of episodes, based on a sizzle reel that bowed at the New York Comic-Con on Sunday.

RELATED | Ratings: Arrow Opens Strong, CW’s Most-Watched Telecast in Three Years

In this more than two-minute sneak peek, Oliver Queen (played by Stephen Amell) will remind you of his mission, and Detective Lance (Paul Blackthorne) will declare his intention to get the drop on Starling City’s hooded vigilante. Then, the video pulls the trigger on a rat-a-tat-tat montage of super guests, including Torchwood‘s John Barrowman as “Well-Dressed Man” plus the DC Universe characters China White (X-Men 2‘s Kelly Hu), Deadshot (Michael Rowe) and the Huntress aka Helena Bertinelli (Jessica De Gouw).

RELATED | TVLine’s Fall TV Poll: Did Arrow Hit the Spot… or Not? Cast Your Vote

You’ll also spy Deathstroke, whose mask was glimpsed on the island in the pilot, though series lead Stephen Amell was bearish on the big bad surfacing right away when I spoke to him over the summer. As it turns out, he will show up in Episode 5, played by stuntman Jeffrey Robinson (Human Target).

Comments (24)

• It looks awesome! And I’m so excited to see Barrowman on TV again (and in something better than Miracle Day – yuk!)! I really think this show’s gonna be good!

Comment by Anna – October 14, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, Miracle Day was horrible. They should have gone out with a bang and ended Torchwood with Children of Earth. That is as good as it will ever be!

Comment by Jake – October 14, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Children of Earth was wretched. They should have stopped the episode before they killed either Tosh or Owen (the second time).

Comment by Temperence – October 15, 2012 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agreed. CoE was well-written and smart but too depressing for the Torchwood we loved.

Comment by Liz – October 15, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am too. When they took all of the Brit tv.off I did not think it would ever come back. Although torchwood is good it needs more characters than jb and eveto fill the show.

Comment by SusanMariePalmer – October 20, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • does not look good

Comment by Jedorsce Vie – October 14, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damnnn is all i can say.

Comment by tht19 – October 14, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t planning to watch arrow, but thought that the pilot was really good, enjoyed it much more than other shows I was planning to watch(Nashville, 666 Park Avenue)

Comment by Nick – October 14, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EXCELLENT! John makes it MUST SEE TV!

Comment by lv2bliberal – October 14, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Barrowman people. My man. Guess it means I’m gonna have to start watching Arrow.

Comment by Dominique – October 14, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly the best show of the season and went to must see on my DVR

Comment by Scott – October 14, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish John Barrowman would do the voice over narration for the entire series. He has such a great dramatic voice I cannot wait to see him this season. He rocks in whatever role he plays – good or evil.

Comment by tvdivav – October 14, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s what we see of Huntress? I was expecting a costume, not a maskless face like in Birds of Prey.

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 14, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally watched the pilot last night. I wasn’t expecting much but I was wrong. The only thing that it would make it better to me would be if Nikita had been paired with it.

Comment by Am – October 14, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know it would have been great if Nikita had been paired with Arrow instead of with ugh ANTM.

Comment by Jon – October 14, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looks badass, I really didn’t expect to love the pilot as much as I did and if it’s any indication of what’s to come, I’m gonna love it even more.

Comment by Sarah – October 14, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily Thorne would so kick his ass. On a more serious note, looks cool, one of the fights takes place in The Temple of Five from BSG, Barrowman, Deathstrike, the pilot was good, I’m in.

Comment by raftrap – October 14, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Barrowman. As if I wasn’t sold already!

Comment by Emily – October 14, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see John Barrowman now!!!! Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by MERCEDES (@hatorl) – October 14, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looked Awsome and this is only the first 8 or 9 episodes. Arrow and the last resort are my favorite new shows

Comment by Patricia – October 14, 2012 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Barrowman teased his role on Arrow on the Nerdist postcast a few weeks ago. Pretty much the only reason I decided to watch the show. I’m glad I did though it’s pretty good.

Comment by Greedy whore – October 14, 2012 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Barrowmaaan *shakes fist* xD

Comment by Polly – October 14, 2012 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^perfection

Comment by Jennifer Vargas – October 15, 2012 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks freakin’ awesome! Can’t wait to see more! Best of the new shows I’ve watched this season. Also really like Last Resort. 666 Park Ave. and Nashville are going to have to show me more to keep me tuning in.

Comment by G – October 15, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post