Comic-Con

Hot Video: Arrow Preview Reel Teases John Barrowman, Deathstroke, Huntress and More

The CW’s Arrow has an unexpectedly loaded quiver as it unspools its first stretch of episodes, based on a sizzle reel that bowed at the New York Comic-Con on Sunday.

RELATED | Ratings: Arrow Opens Strong, CW’s Most-Watched Telecast in Three Years

In this more than two-minute sneak peek, Oliver Queen (played by Stephen Amell) will remind you of his mission, and Detective Lance (Paul Blackthorne) will declare his intention to get the drop on Starling City’s hooded vigilante. Then, the video pulls the trigger on a rat-a-tat-tat montage of super guests, including Torchwood‘s John Barrowman as “Well-Dressed Man” plus the DC Universe characters China White (X-Men 2‘s Kelly Hu), Deadshot (Michael Rowe) and the Huntress aka Helena Bertinelli (Jessica De Gouw).

RELATED | TVLine’s Fall TV Poll: Did Arrow Hit the Spot… or Not? Cast Your Vote

You’ll also spy Deathstroke, whose mask was glimpsed on the island in the pilot, though series lead Stephen Amell was bearish on the big bad surfacing right away when I spoke to him over the summer. As it turns out, he will show up in Episode 5, played by stuntman Jeffrey Robinson (Human Target).

1. Anna says:

It looks awesome! And I’m so excited to see Barrowman on TV again (and in something better than Miracle Day – yuk!)! I really think this show’s gonna be good!

2. tht19 says:

Damnnn is all i can say.

3. Nick says:

Wasn’t planning to watch arrow, but thought that the pilot was really good, enjoyed it much more than other shows I was planning to watch(Nashville, 666 Park Avenue)

4. lv2bliberal says:

EXCELLENT! John makes it MUST SEE TV!

5. Dominique says:

John Barrowman people. My man. Guess it means I’m gonna have to start watching Arrow.

6. Scott says:

Honestly the best show of the season and went to must see on my DVR

7. tvdivav says:

I wish John Barrowman would do the voice over narration for the entire series. He has such a great dramatic voice I cannot wait to see him this season. He rocks in whatever role he plays – good or evil.

8. That’s what we see of Huntress? I was expecting a costume, not a maskless face like in Birds of Prey.

9. Am says:

Finally watched the pilot last night. I wasn’t expecting much but I was wrong. The only thing that it would make it better to me would be if Nikita had been paired with it.

10. Sarah says:

It looks badass, I really didn’t expect to love the pilot as much as I did and if it’s any indication of what’s to come, I’m gonna love it even more.

11. raftrap says:

Emily Thorne would so kick his ass. On a more serious note, looks cool, one of the fights takes place in The Temple of Five from BSG, Barrowman, Deathstrike, the pilot was good, I’m in.

12. Emily says:

John Barrowman. As if I wasn’t sold already!

13. I want to see John Barrowman now!!!! Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Patricia says:

It looked Awsome and this is only the first 8 or 9 episodes. Arrow and the last resort are my favorite new shows

15. Greedy whore says:

Barrowman teased his role on Arrow on the Nerdist postcast a few weeks ago. Pretty much the only reason I decided to watch the show. I’m glad I did though it’s pretty good.

16. Polly says:

Barrowmaaan *shakes fist* xD

17. G says:

Looks freakin’ awesome! Can’t wait to see more! Best of the new shows I’ve watched this season. Also really like Last Resort. 666 Park Ave. and Nashville are going to have to show me more to keep me tuning in.