Tyra Banks Producing Autobiographical Comedy

Get More: Pilots

tyra banks antmFinally, the origins of “smizing” will be revealed!

Tyra Banks and longtime friend Kenya Barris (a producer on Fox’s short-lived I Hate My Teenage Daughter) are teaming up to co-create Fivehead, a comedy that will focus on Banks’ gawky teenage years before she became a noted supermodel and TV host, Deadline is reporting. The duo will co-create the characters and stories for the single-camera comedy, while Barris will write the script.

The America’s Next Top Model host and Barris have known each other since grade school. The title “Fivehead” is a derogatory term that was hurled at Banks as a youngster because of the size of her forehead.

Excited to see Banks’ life in sitcom form? Any ideas for who should play the lead role? Hit the comments with your thoughts!

Tags: ,

Comments (36)

• Shouldn’t it be called fivehead since it’s about one girl?

Comment by dude – October 13, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “That girl looks like she has five heads. Let’s calle her Fiveheads!” Sort of like four-eyes.

If this makes it to air, I’d be curious to check it out. Gotta respect Tyra Banks.

Comment by Mitholas – October 13, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But people DO have multiple eyes, fivehead is a term deriving from forehead (as in “four”head, “five”head…) :)

Comment by Mike – October 13, 2012 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah. Sometimes I’m stupid. I actually got it right after posting that, and this website doesn’t have delete or edit buttons. :p

Comment by Mitholas – October 13, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, sorry to double post, but Deadline does indeed call it Fivehead.

Comment by Mitholas – October 13, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, it’s Fivehead…good catch!

Comment by Michael Slezak – October 13, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I call fastest show to be cancelled in TV history

Comment by lonestarjrs – October 13, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I disagree. Tyra is pretty savvy, and this show sounds like it would be a hit with teens. The only thing that might go against a big audience is if it lands on the CW. But then again, they hold on to shows longer than some other nets.

Comment by Marcie – October 13, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Faster than Emily’s Reasons Why Not and the recently killed Next Caller?

Doubt it.

Doesn’t mean it won’t be the first one cancelled in its season if it makes it to air, though.

Comment by Summer – October 13, 2012 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully this means that she’ll have no time for America’s Next Top Model, thus resulting in it finally ending and going away for good.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 13, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Must be a rough life having things you don’t like existing in your world, and you unable to stay away from them.

I guess watching something else at that time, or going out, or reading, or anything, just can’t keep your mind occupied enough. You have to obsess about something you have no control over.

Sad.

There are plenty of shows I don’t like, and you know what? Not only don’t I watch them, but I don’t care if they stay on the air or not. They don’t cause me to go into stories having nothing to do with those shows, and posting my dislike.

But I guess I have more control over my own life than you do.

Keep working at it, you’ll get there……maybe…..

Comment by Jackson – October 13, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You have reacted so much to the comment above that it makes me uncomfortable.

Comment by Christine – October 13, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There’s nothing wrong with people stating their dislikes and opinions. It doesn’t make a person ‘sad’ to have opinions but it is weird to attack a person over it. You’re the one that needs help and obviously you have too much control over your life. Calm down.

I guess I saw this coming a long time ago. There’s no better subject that Tyra likes to talk about than herself.

Comment by Sarah – October 13, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with Jackson. It is annoying just how many haters do this. They find it enjoyable to go on sites of those they hate and post depressing comments.

Yes they are entitled to their opinion but it is it necessary to be mean just because they disagree? Is there no other way to get their point across without sounding miserable?

They are fun crushers and they bring down the energy. And yes, it is sad.

Make your point respectably if you want positive feedback.

Comment by hollisss – October 13, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Do people post on sites like this for feedback? I don’t feel like they do. I certainly don’t. And the less Tyra on my tv, the better. And Sarah’s right-no one loves Tyra more than Tyra.

Comment by Josh – October 13, 2012 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That comment wasn’t sad or disrespectful. That’s about as respectful as a comment gets when it’s in the negative. Chill out. This site is not Tyra Banks specific so Jarrod obviously didn’t specifically search out Tyra in particular. I can’t stand Tyra Banks but I enjoy reading pretty much all the articles posted, and therefore will comment on whatever I choose. Positive or negative. If you don’t like it, stay away from the comments. Oh and this show will be awful.

Comment by tripoli – October 13, 2012 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • “Hopefully this means that she’ll have no time for America’s Next Top Model, thus resulting in it finally ending and going away for good.” Sounds sad to me. But your right I should chill out because why do I care what people think?

Comment by hollisss – January 22, 2014 12:47 PM PDT
  • I’d be surprised if this even makes it to pilot stage let alone picked up to series.

Comment by Jared – October 13, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tyra Banks Logic:
    >I was bullied as a child.
    >Let’s make a comedy out of it.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 13, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gee, Einstein, I guess it never occurred to you that you have successfully survived the situation by being able to laugh about it.

Maybe someday you’ll get there….but, it doesn’t look like you’ll be doing that anytime soon.

We’ll pray for you.

Comment by Jackson – October 13, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Being able to laugh at your own past doesn’t mean we should laugh at bullying. And I seriously doubt that most people who were badly bullied as children look back and laugh about it. There are kids who KILL THEMSELVES because of bullies. We should not be glorifying the behavior.

Comment by Grace – October 13, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hold on. The show is yet to even be written and you’re already judging it for glorifying bullying? It’ll probably be a comedy about how to come out of being bullied a stronger person. Tyra Banks is definitely intelligent enough to handle this issue seriously and tastefully.

Comment by Mitholas – October 13, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lets be honest, Tyra Banks was teased no more than any other kid in high school. She was called “fivehead” a few times and decided she knows struggle. Most kids (aside from ones viciously bullied) get over that stuff by the time they graduate.

Comment by dude – October 13, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You could be wrong about that. A super freaky, skinny, tall girl with a ginormous forehead? She was definitely bullied. Kids can be very cruel when they are pretty and perfect.

Comment by hollisss – October 13, 2012 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This would be a nice fit for the CW. Of course, that’s only if they decide to do sitcoms.

Comment by nick1372 – October 13, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its a single-camera show so if it’s an hour-long comedy, than it may work for The CW but it sounds like a better fit for ABC Family to me.

Comment by dude – October 13, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • CW have expressed their interests in doing half-hour comedies but they didn’t pick up any this season, but perhaps 2013-14 is the time when they do! Also this would probably be picked up by them, it has Tyra Banks producing it and I can’t imagine they get a lot of comedy pilots to choose from!

Comment by CrimTV – October 14, 2012 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG. TYRA’S OUT OF CONTROL.

Comment by Jane – October 13, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Tyra!! I hope that it’s a successful show.

Comment by Keren – October 13, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummm didn’t Tyra fire Kenya from America’s Next Top Model? They developed that together … Kenya is an extraordinarily lazy writer and usually ends up getting fired from all his sitcom gigs except The Game & Girlfriends, good luck having him run that show ABC, i do like the concept, picked the wrong writer though to see it through to series.

Comment by Danny Levine – October 13, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She just wants to cast herself in this show. Everyone knows If it would be possible she would probable star in the lead role. LOL.

Comment by A – October 13, 2012 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course Tyra wants to create a show about herself. How much more egocentric can this woman get?

Comment by Tara – October 15, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post