First Look: NBC Unveils Mockingbird Lane Trailer

Lest you think NBC is “burying” Bryan Fuller‘s Mockingbird Lane without any promotion — after all, it is airing on Friday, Oct. 26, the second night of the November sweeps ratings period — here is a tantalizing promo for the Munsters reboot that ran during Friday night’s Grimm.

RELATED | Meet the Munsters! We’ve Scared Up the First Photos from Mockingbird Lane

Among the highlights from the sneak peek of the pilot, which will air in front of Grimm as part of a Halloween-themed night of programming on Friday, Oct. 26: Lily (Portia de Rossi) and Grandpa (Eddie Izzard) forming out of spiders and rats, a fire-breathing Spot, and little Eddie (Mason Cook) warning Cheyenne Jackson’s scout troop leader, “My grandfather’s going to eat you.” You know,  just the usual family dinner talk.

Press PLAY to check out the Munsters on display in Fuller’s signature style, and then hit the comments with your thoughts. Will you be tuning in?

Comments (34)

• Visually it looks outstanding. I’ll check it out but I doubt it has much of a shot of going ahead as a series.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – October 13, 2012 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looks neat and oh so Bryan Fuller-y!

Comment by J – October 13, 2012 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read Bryan Fuller interview on (may I say?) TV Guide, so if the ratings are going to be good NBC will order more episodes for next fall (2013). The actors are still under contract unil next summer and they spent really a lot of money for this pilot (don’t do more episodes, even only a miniseries, economically wouldn’t go smart)

Comment by John – October 13, 2012 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fox did two Munsters movies. NBC could do minis, or what the BBC calls seasons. Six episodes a year would be good enough.

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 13, 2012 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • BBC calls them “series.” Sorry for being nitpicky!

Comment by DL – October 13, 2012 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, no. you’re right. I goofed.

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 14, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • seasons are practically the same thing, series well all tv shows are series and seasons, it’s silly. I am a billionaire so I would know, don’t try to correct me, i’m perfect!

Comment by Carlo Jackson – October 26, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Since they first talked about airing this for Halloween, I’ve been noticing all major news outlets using the term “burning off” wrong. To burn off is to air it under contractual obligation or as gap filler only. NBC is not burning off Mockingbird Lane, they’re actually trying something, giving it a chance, if not promptly promoting it to series. Releasing a teaser over two weeks prior to the exhibition is proof of that.

Comment by godzilla's foil – October 13, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not 100% accurate, but I applaud you on your research. Networks can burn of episodes if they feel that doing so will create more profit or even some profit than showing something else. They already have already paid for the rights to air this pilot twice. So either they have to, or they’re trying to salvage some of the money they put into it (approx, $5M from the network).

Comment by Rowan77 – October 13, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like it. people have to let go of their preconceptions on the brand based on the previous versions, which is hard to do for many.

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 13, 2012 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going into this with high hopes. that cast is exceptional, I’m leaving any munster stereo types at the door.

Comment by carl winslow – October 13, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Originally, I didn’t think it was a good idea, but this trailer has me really interested!

Comment by Jerry – October 13, 2012 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was of the understanding this is a one-off now, with no series hopes.

Comment by StupidPeopleShutUp – October 13, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they can say that it is just one now but its TV if the ratings are amazing you now NBC is going to do everything they can to get more episodes. Kinda a good idea to air the pilot its a ver large test group. LOL

Comment by mandy – October 13, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is really smart. Taking a high profile hit it miss show and gauging a public reaction before really going ahead. Ratings will determine whether or not this goes to series.

Comment by Danielle H. – October 13, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show looks visually stunning and I like the re imaging of the story in general. Can’t wait to watch. Its a perfect Halloween special.

Comment by Jared – October 13, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had no expectations of watching it until now.It looks great. The trailer is classic Bryan Fuller. But you can see why NBC might hesitate – it looks like it would cost a small fortune per episode. I’m with whomever said, 6 episodes a year, that would be great.

Comment by TaMara – October 13, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree – they could do six episodes on the six weeks until Halloween. That would keep the ratings up to cover the cost of the effects (amximize the bang for the buck) and not wear out the concept or the appeal.

Comment by Temperence – October 13, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the trailer is a good representation of the show, it looks to be promising.

Comment by Ben – October 13, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a visually fest. Loved, loved this clip… hopefully the rating are good and it gets more episodes. They should do small season – at least 6, no more than 13.
    It may cost a fortune, but FOX did TerraNova last season. And this cast is SO awesome there’s no way they won’t be nominated for awards.

Let me remind everybody that Chenoweth won an Emmy for the already cancelled Pushing Daises!!!

Comment by Lili An-noln – October 13, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I haven’t watched many episodes of the original show (there use to be this great cable channel that would air all these old shows), but I loved Pushing Daisies, so I’m looking forward to it. Also, I agree with everyone else, the trailer looks amazing, but that makes me nervous, because expensive shows on aired on a day that doesn’t make channels a lot of money usually equates into a very short life, but we do have Grimm and Fringe that have somehow survived.

Comment by moobear – October 13, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn, this looks great. I really hope it does really well in the ratings and gets picked up for more episodes.

Comment by Gerald – October 13, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Based on the trailer, it should be fun to watch a few episodes.

Comment by bernard weston – October 13, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looks fun, but are they going to pre-empt Grimm to air this? Because Grimm is getting better and better

Comment by Keren – October 13, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, they’re showing it at 8pm instead of a scheduled Grimm repeat.

Comment by Oliver – October 13, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • visually reminds me of Once Upon A Time which i love. NBC is so dumb for spending 10 mill on this. But hell i might watch this looks fantastic

Comment by nateddog(future actor) – October 13, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I JUST now got a joke…when Hermann awakes, that’s the noise a MacBook makes when it starts up, isn’t it?

Comment by bamabunny – October 13, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, it’s the noise every Mac does if it’s starting up. ;)

Neat little moment. :)

Comment by Lambsilencer – October 13, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very Daisies, even with the music and style. Hate Jerry, love the rest.

Comment by Brock – October 13, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show looks absolutely amazing, I’m definitely interested!

Comment by kavyn – October 13, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish ABC had this so they could put it before Modern Family or after Once Upon A Time. It would fit perfectly and be a huge hit.

NBC doesn’t really have any family-oriented comedies or dramas.

Comment by Oliver – October 14, 2012 04:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awesome! Love Bryan Fuller’s shows, I’m sure this will be great. (if the studio gives him free rein).

Comment by bobbie – October 14, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s got the Iz – of COURSE we’re watching!

Comment by NB – October 18, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to the Classic Universal Monster Make up? The Original Munsters TV series was and still is one of my favorite TV Shows. Think I will just stick to watching the box sets from the classic series.

Comment by Don Orlando – October 20, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post