USA Network Renews Suits for Season 3

Get More: Uncategorized

USA Network has renewed Suits for a 16-episode third season.

The legal drama, which stars Gabriel Macht and Patrick J. Adams, wrapped its summer run in August.

It is scheduled to return for Season 2′s final six episodes in January.

RELATED | One Tree Hill Alumna Amanda Schull Suits Up

The renewal follows new season orders for many of the network’s other dramas, including White CollarCovert Affairs and Royal Pains.

There’s still no word on the fates of some of the network’s other primetime fare, including Necessary Roughness, Common Law, Political Animals and Fairly Legal.

What are your thoughts on another season with the Pearson Hardman gang? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (56)

• YESSSS! I never really doubted it, but I’m glad to hear it’s finally official!

Comment by Anna – October 12, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This! Soooo glad it got renewed!

Comment by Joey C. (@Joey_C523) – October 12, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! GREAT news, but I’m not surprised because it’s THAT good!

Comment by Caro – October 13, 2012 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel cheated with only six episodes this season. Everything started off great and then it stopped.
      Don’t do that to us.

Comment by Mike – February 19, 2013 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 2 was much better than season 1. Hopefully it just keeps getting better!

Comment by Amy – October 12, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo!!!

Comment by Lorie – October 12, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!! Can’t wait for January!!!

Comment by Sam – October 12, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the renewal. One of the best shows on the network.

Comment by Esaul – October 12, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only show I watch on USA. With good reason!

Comment by Emily – October 12, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Sooo excited!

Comment by Chris – October 12, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yayyyyyy!!!!! :) cant wait!

Comment by Elyse – October 12, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news today Yayyy!!!

Comment by Miri – October 12, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can you say duh? Its the highest rated show on USA.

Comment by gary – October 12, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh yeah! Great show!

Comment by Jesse – October 12, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited. I actually liked season 1 better than season 2 but it is still USA’s best show. More!! More!!

Comment by opus – October 12, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season one’s fantastic. My only problem with season two is how often they try to sneak in swears. But oh boy everything with Daniel made me hang on the edge of my seat.

Comment by Esaul – October 12, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! Fantastic news!

Comment by licia – October 12, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woooooohooooooo! LOVE THIS SHOW!

Comment by Mursal – October 12, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

Comment by CC – October 12, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And I give that a second and boistrous Wooooooooohoooooooo!!! Yes! Love this show.

Comment by Catherine Parker Lessing – October 12, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand why this show isn’t moved over to the network and given a full 22 episode run. It is far and above better than 75% of the crap on network. Isn’t USA owned by one of the big three? Having seen most of the falls new line-up, they could certainly drop a bunch of the new crap and put some quality back into the network. However, the show would have to clean up it’s language a little and that is one of the things I like about it. Real situations with real language. Not gratuitous but a well placed sh*t and Bulls*it and assh*le does bring out the reality of certain situations they depict.

Comment by Rusty – October 12, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because network standards would take the bite out of the dialog. There’s a bit of spicy language on Suits. Delighted with the renewal.

Comment by Templar – October 12, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So only Burn Notice and their bubble shows left – as long as Political Animals is renewed i don’t care.

And before others start, yes the ratings are not great but it is the critical acclaim that will get it a renewal. Good chance at a few miniseries nominations next year.

Comment by Martin – October 12, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought Burn Notice was already renewed? They renewed it a year ago for seasons 5 & 6 right? Wait now I can’t remember what season it’s in…

Comment by Kristina – October 12, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • it’s in season 6 now. So no it hasn’t been renewed for season 7 or beyond yet.

Comment by Shari – October 12, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I’m excited!

Comment by Kristina – October 12, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s great news! This season has been so much better than the first one. Now, they just have to renew Fairly Legal and Common Law and I’ll be happy. Although with the ratings they got (even though they were broadcasted on Friday), I’m afraid at least one of them will be canceled.

Comment by DCC – October 12, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should be afraid that both of them get cancelled.

Comment by Russ – October 12, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “There’s still no word on the fates of some of the network’s other primetime fare, including Necessary Roughness, Common Law, Political Animals and Fairly Legal.”

……………… or Burn Notice. Seriously, TVLIne!? (And USA!?!?)

Comment by Shari – October 12, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No surprise. But YAY! More Gabriel Macht on my tv :)

And I hope to hear about a renewal in regards to Burn Notice soon!!

Comment by Eliza – October 12, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to hear it got renewed! I was a tad bit worried when it was renewed with the first batch of shows. Can’t wait to see my two favorite lawyers back in action.

Comment by P – October 12, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY NO PSYCH?

Comment by Catherine – October 12, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PSYCH has a whole season in the can that’s not even airing until February. Too soon.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 12, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I thought common law was already cancelled though?

Comment by olivia – October 12, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say renew it through Season 10!

Comment by Michelle – October 12, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! Suits has quickly become one of my favorite shows on air.

Comment by Kasper – October 12, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brilliantly written and acted and lots of fun to watch. Should have been a no brainer… Boy I hate the whole ratings game.

Comment by Maro – October 12, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Suits, but weirded out by reading it described as a drama. I know it’s considered a drama, but man, does it have some of the funniest lines..

Comment by emr – October 12, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excuse me while I go happy dance my way to January.

Comment by Ashley – October 13, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is the best u.s series ever , keep it up suits produces . one love

Comment by ABDULAZEEZ – October 14, 2012 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Now please for the love of God renew Common Law, Necessary Roughness, Political Animals and Fairly Legal!

Comment by Natalie – October 16, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Fairly Legal….hope they renew it

Comment by Jess – October 17, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you USA!!! Suits is one that I can’t wait to watch. The fast pace and witty dialogue makes it the very best!!!

Comment by Marsha – October 23, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really? I must have missed something. I watched the first two episodes and thought it’s a cheap copy of White Collar…so I stopped in favor of WC

Comment by guest – October 27, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gah! YESSSSS! I love this show so I’m very happy to hear its been renewed!

Comment by joanne – October 30, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really excited that Suits got picked up for a third season!!!! I love, love, love the story line. But, has anyone else noticed that the profanity has picked up a little on this show…shoot, on USA in general?

Comment by I'm Just Saying – October 31, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show, along with most USA shows, they have done an amazing job.

Comment by Gerry – November 6, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good show. I’m glad it’s returning. The cable networks have far better shows than the regular networks. I also hope they renew Common Law. I started watching that mid season and loved it.

Comment by MK204 – November 7, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love Suits. Please never cancel this series. Can hardly wait for January, 2013!

Comment by judy paris – November 13, 2012 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is really great Suits is my favorite show on TV right now one question for anyone that know why isn’t the show in ondemand

Comment by Ricosuave – November 20, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A facebook posting says that Necessary Roughness will be back next summer. It was posted on my page just this morning.

Comment by Wendy H – November 27, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totaly Love

Comment by Maureen – December 27, 2012 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WoooooHoooooooooo…..and Gabriel can come park his shoes under my bed ANYTIME ♥♥♥

Comment by jackie2830 – January 3, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simply my favorite show all time. Superb in every way and FLYS by.

Comment by Jack Sparacino – February 8, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We just realized there are only 2 episodes left! Does anyone know when season 3 starts?

Comment by Jerry – February 8, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still trying to figure out why there are only two episodes left this Season. I think that’s only a total of eight. I want my other 8 episodes! Season started in January.

Comment by Kaitlyn Ross – February 11, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post