Fall TV Preview

Walking Dead Scoop: The Latest on a Possible Prequel Movie – Plus: Season 3 a 'Thrill Ride'

The Walking Dead PrequelLast week, at The Walking Dead’s Season 3 premiere bash in L.A., the AMC hit’s producers and cast threw around descriptors like “action-packed” and “thrill ride” as if they were party favors.

But, potentially even more exciting than the episodes that are going to start airing this Sunday (at 9/8c), is the hint that showrunner Glenn Mazzara dropped to TVLine’s Meg Masters about a prequel movie. What would it be about? Where would it take place?

RELATED | Exclusive Walking Dead Photos: Andrea and Michonne Banished to Suburgatory?

Why are you still reading this? Press PLAY on the video below to find out!

Comments (19)

• Oh.. he’s british, big surprise!

Comment by Natte – October 11, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so he plays it well. what does it matter where he is from as long as he is good in the role?

Comment by Alan – October 11, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AS is the actor portraying the Governor this season

Comment by Ninjo – October 11, 2012 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Am I the only one who remembers him in Love Actually? His storyline was my favorite!

Comment by Elf – October 12, 2012 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was barely a mention of a prequel movie.

Comment by Teag – October 11, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol. I know! Going To Be A GReat Season tho….

Comment by adam – October 11, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The End of the season he thinks fans of the comic books will be happy, you know what that means:

SPOILER ALERT

Lori Dies. As she did towards the end of the prison in the comic books

Comment by Martin – October 11, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • we can only hope.

Comment by Rachel – October 11, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he’s referring to the hand.

Comment by David S – October 11, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Non-comic book fans would be happy as well. She is insufferable.

Comment by Elf – October 12, 2012 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve heard that is how the prison arc ends in the comics and I am hoping it is the same in the show. I despise Lori. What a terrible character who is just coasting around expecting other people to take care of her.

Comment by Ava – October 12, 2012 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo hoo……..can’t wait for Sunday. Walking dead returns I really hope this season is as promising as they make it sound. This is without a doubt my favorite show on tv with breaking bad the only one being close. Amc rocks, hope they keep up the good work too.

This article was kinda miss leading though. I mean yeah he mentions a prequel but he wasn’t for real. Id like to see what was up with the characters before the zombies came but they would have to get shane and the rest of the dead members to come back to do the episode or prequel

Comment by nate p – October 11, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish I was more excited about this season. But then again, almost anything will be better than last season. I expect more than two good episodes this year.

Comment by A – October 11, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last season there were around 4 good episodes. People are still taken in by the hype in season 1 (which was earned) and the brilliant finale in season 2. The rest were just boring. This show will stay at the bottom of my pile after the first episode up until the last two episodes of the season.

Comment by D – October 12, 2012 01:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glenn has a last name?

Comment by MP – October 12, 2012 03:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think I read his name being Glenn Rhee. I think..

Comment by Yoely – October 12, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really excited about this season! I will miss Shane (I know I’m the only one) but I am looking forward to a tougher Rick. He was so prone to speechifying it was ridiculous. I just wanted him to shut up and take action. Shane may have gone round the bend last season but you have to admit he got things done.

Comment by Ava – October 12, 2012 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am extremely excited about this new season, I actually didn’t find last season boring. I thought it gave us all a false sense of”hope” that things could be normal and allowed us to get comfortable enough to really shock us when it fell apart. It also gave the characters background and dept. It was definitely not action packed, but I have been a fan since episode 1 season 1 and continue to be. I agree with Ava, I will miss Shane, he was very interesting and a good contrast to Rick. I am also excited about seeing what will happen once Merle comes back in the picture as I am a huge Daryl fan. I also want to see T-dog have a bigger role he seems to be just there a lot of the time.

Comment by Yoely – October 12, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does Robert Kirkman have any comedic chops/acting skills and if so, when can we see him playing Tyler Labine’s brother or a stranger who is continuously mistaken for Labine’s character?

Comment by Erin – October 12, 2012 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post