Walking Dead Scoop: The Latest on a Possible Prequel Movie - Plus: Season 3 a 'Thrill Ride'

The Walking Dead PrequelLast week, at The Walking Dead’s Season 3 premiere bash in L.A., the AMC hit’s producers and cast threw around descriptors like “action-packed” and “thrill ride” as if they were party favors.

But, potentially even more exciting than the episodes that are going to start airing this Sunday (at 9/8c), is the hint that showrunner Glenn Mazzara dropped to TVLine’s Meg Masters about a prequel movie. What would it be about? Where would it take place?

RELATED | Exclusive Walking Dead Photos: Andrea and Michonne Banished to Suburgatory?

Why are you still reading this? Press PLAY on the video below to find out!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, Premieres, Scoop, Video

1. Natte says:

Oh.. he’s british, big surprise!

2. Teag says:

That was barely a mention of a prequel movie.

3. Martin says:

The End of the season he thinks fans of the comic books will be happy, you know what that means:

SPOILER ALERT

Lori Dies. As she did towards the end of the prison in the comic books

4. nate p says:

Woo hoo……..can’t wait for Sunday. Walking dead returns I really hope this season is as promising as they make it sound. This is without a doubt my favorite show on tv with breaking bad the only one being close. Amc rocks, hope they keep up the good work too.

This article was kinda miss leading though. I mean yeah he mentions a prequel but he wasn’t for real. Id like to see what was up with the characters before the zombies came but they would have to get shane and the rest of the dead members to come back to do the episode or prequel

5. A says:

I wish I was more excited about this season. But then again, almost anything will be better than last season. I expect more than two good episodes this year.

6. D says:

Last season there were around 4 good episodes. People are still taken in by the hype in season 1 (which was earned) and the brilliant finale in season 2. The rest were just boring. This show will stay at the bottom of my pile after the first episode up until the last two episodes of the season.

7. MP says:

Glenn has a last name?

8. Ava says:

I’m really excited about this season! I will miss Shane (I know I’m the only one) but I am looking forward to a tougher Rick. He was so prone to speechifying it was ridiculous. I just wanted him to shut up and take action. Shane may have gone round the bend last season but you have to admit he got things done.

9. Yoely says:

I am extremely excited about this new season, I actually didn’t find last season boring. I thought it gave us all a false sense of”hope” that things could be normal and allowed us to get comfortable enough to really shock us when it fell apart. It also gave the characters background and dept. It was definitely not action packed, but I have been a fan since episode 1 season 1 and continue to be. I agree with Ava, I will miss Shane, he was very interesting and a good contrast to Rick. I am also excited about seeing what will happen once Merle comes back in the picture as I am a huge Daryl fan. I also want to see T-dog have a bigger role he seems to be just there a lot of the time.

10. Erin says:

Does Robert Kirkman have any comedic chops/acting skills and if so, when can we see him playing Tyler Labine’s brother or a stranger who is continuously mistaken for Labine’s character?