Project Runway: 17 Best Designs of Season 10

Another season of cool couture, tearful aufs and insane crotches begins to come to a close when Part 1 of the Project Runway Season 10 finale kicks off tonight (9/8c, Lifetime).

To celebrate a year that had Tim Gunn comparing outfits to a woman’s menstrual cycle and dropping bon mots like “bitch-slap that bitch,” we’ve put together a gallery of the 17 best designs that have come down the catwalk over the last few months.

Click through the photos below, then hit the comments and tell us which garments you think we snubbed, which ones we overrated, and what we got exactly right.

Comments (12)

• What? Nothing from the baby challenge? ;)

Comment by George – October 11, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree! The little girl’s dress by Christopher was so adorable I wanted to go out and buy it even though my daughters are teenagers!

Comment by GeoDiva – October 11, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bought it! Can’t wait to let the baby fashionista shine in it.

Comment by elsol69 – October 11, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Dmitry is going to get robbed! But then again if anyone with TV show that has a strong female lead needs a costumer, Dmitry is going to get snapped up. He can make models look like they have women’s bodies instead of just being stretched out fourteen year old boys.

Comment by elsol69 – October 11, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dmitry’s Rockettes outfit should be on that list. I thought it was even better than Christopher’s.

Comment by Tim – October 11, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Tim.
      The movement in Dimitry’s design would of been more complementary to the Rockettes dance routine.
      I did think Christopher’s design was great, it was only lacking some movement in the skirt.

Comment by Whatever – October 11, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore Dmitri’s aesthetic but Christopher’s rockette was the best

Comment by Frenchgal – October 11, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • (Checks to make sure Dmitry’s gray dress from the Lord & Taylor challenge is on the list… sees it at #8.) Ok, we’re good here.

Comment by April – October 11, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s funny that Sonjia is on here more than Melissa, yet she’s off and Melissa isn’t!!! #cantwaitforallstars

Comment by Amanda – October 11, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with the number 1 choice, That jacket with the print peeking through was the best look I have seen in many seasons. I also felt like Dimitry was ignored most of the season. That candy dress was amazing as well although I also felt that Sonji should have won that challenge.

Comment by Sookie – October 11, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It boggles my mind how Sonja’s looks were actually really memorable… yet Fabio makes it to the top.

HAHA no.

Comment by Kalee – October 11, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It shows one of issues designers run into every season they do good work and have great moments but they get burned out and make mistakes close to the end. Every season we see people who where amazing flame out because they are tired and they are away from home. I think that’s why Sonjia didn’t make it to the finale she just fizzled out. And that’s sad.

Comment by toia – October 12, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post