Private Practice Sneak Peek: Matt Long Scrubs In -- With Whom Might He Play Doctor?

There’s a new doctor coming to Private Practice, so check out this sneak peek of Matt Long (Jack & Bobby, Mad Men) at Saint Ambrose in the Oct. 23 episode (ABC, 10/9c) — STAT!

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Exclusive: Neve Campbell Joins Season 9 Cast as Derek’s Sister!

The drama has a few lonely ladies in need of lovin’, so whose heart will he heal? With Amelia on the mend, perhaps the  young doc is her best chance at finally finding a healthy relationship? Or might he romance the recently widowed Violet? And most importantly, what do you think of his longer ‘do?

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Caroline says:

Long hair…no

2. Mama Kitty says:

Maybe it’s because I’ve not seen him with short hair but I’m diggin the long locks (and I normally dislike long hair). He’s a super hottiepants!

3. Mikaylah says:

Not a fan of the long hair, but I am a fan of him, so it’ll be great to see him on PP. I’d love to see him romance Amelia.

4. Eric says:

Wow. He looks horrible with long hair. That needs to go

5. Jamie says:

Amy Brenneman said he was for Amelia.

6. Els says:

I was totally going to stop watching, but he is awesome. Loved him in Jack & Bobby. I will hang in a bit longer.

7. 8canadiana8 says:

Yikes! Look who’s back in photo number 3! This just made the ‘missing child’ storyline a whole lot scarier!

8. 8canadiana8 says:

Its Sheldon’s patient from the second episode! He appears to be a patient in the ER.

9. Sara says:

Buddy needs a haircut.
    He looks much more delightful with short hair – not to mention far more professional and sophisticated.

10. Lola says:

Love Matt Long! He was great in The Deep End, a one-season wonder from a few years back. I think he’d be a nice match for Amelia. I’m not a fan of the long hair, though. It makes him look shorter, I think.

11. gus says:

That hair is just wrong. It’s a shame since he looks really good with short hair.

12. Yunuem says:

Maybe its part of the storyline, nobody cares about him, and as soon as he cuts his hair, Amelia is all over him

13. Love Matt Long. But that hair tho…

14. It’s time for Amelia to be happy, preppy, annoyingly cheery again! <3

15. Shuayb says:

Should be interesting to have him on the show. I like that he’ll be taking over Pete’s role as an ER Dr. Also hope that he becomes involved with Amelia. She does need a happy ending already especially if this will be the last season of PP.
    I see the lady from Martin and My Wife and Kids will be a patient… She’s always a hoot.

16. Shuayb says:

Oh yes! Pic 3 has Sheldon’s patient who had thoughts of sleeping with a young child. Makes sense why Sheldon fears the worst.
    Carter Macintyre is seriously good. He play a weird almost cheesy guardian angel in Drop Dead Diva and her a creepy would be paedophile. Gonna be an interesting ep all round. Now Violet just needs to not mess it up being all annoying…

17. Sandrine says:

I don’t like the long hair and please, let’s just leave Violet alone for a while. Let her grieve.

18. simy says:

I hope he will be involved with Amelia

19. joni says:

Matt is a great looking guy, even if he were bald. It’s exciting to see him looking more mature and as handsome as ever—-and he is a superb actor. I am sure he will make PP even better. I love the show!

20. Eran says:

He has amazing beautiful hair and it suits him really nicely!!