Private Practice Sneak Peek: Matt Long Scrubs In — With Whom Might He Play Doctor?

There’s a new doctor coming to Private Practice, so check out this sneak peek of Matt Long (Jack & Bobby, Mad Men) at Saint Ambrose in the Oct. 23 episode (ABC, 10/9c) — STAT!

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Exclusive: Neve Campbell Joins Season 9 Cast as Derek’s Sister!

The drama has a few lonely ladies in need of lovin’, so whose heart will he heal? With Amelia on the mend, perhaps the  young doc is her best chance at finally finding a healthy relationship? Or might he romance the recently widowed Violet? And most importantly, what do you think of his longer ‘do?

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (23)

• Long hair…no

Comment by Caroline – October 10, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I typically like long hair but his looks absolutely ridiculous.

Comment by Mark – October 10, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously. Seriously. Cut the hair.

Comment by Russ – October 10, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe it’s because I’ve not seen him with short hair but I’m diggin the long locks (and I normally dislike long hair). He’s a super hottiepants!

Comment by Mama Kitty – October 10, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a fan of the long hair, but I am a fan of him, so it’ll be great to see him on PP. I’d love to see him romance Amelia.

Comment by Mikaylah – October 10, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. He looks horrible with long hair. That needs to go

Comment by Eric – October 10, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amy Brenneman said he was for Amelia.

Comment by Jamie – October 10, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was totally going to stop watching, but he is awesome. Loved him in Jack & Bobby. I will hang in a bit longer.

Comment by Els – October 10, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yikes! Look who’s back in photo number 3! This just made the ‘missing child’ storyline a whole lot scarier!

Comment by 8canadiana8 – October 10, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the images won’t load for me. :( who’s back in photo number 3?

Comment by SJ – October 10, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its Sheldon’s patient from the second episode! He appears to be a patient in the ER.

Comment by 8canadiana8 – October 10, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Buddy needs a haircut.
    He looks much more delightful with short hair – not to mention far more professional and sophisticated.

Comment by Sara – October 10, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Matt Long! He was great in The Deep End, a one-season wonder from a few years back. I think he’d be a nice match for Amelia. I’m not a fan of the long hair, though. It makes him look shorter, I think.

Comment by Lola – October 10, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That hair is just wrong. It’s a shame since he looks really good with short hair.

Comment by gus – October 10, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe its part of the storyline, nobody cares about him, and as soon as he cuts his hair, Amelia is all over him

Comment by Yunuem – October 10, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Matt Long. But that hair tho…

Comment by Cyse (@cyrano_cyse) – October 10, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s time for Amelia to be happy, preppy, annoyingly cheery again! <3

Comment by Barbie Furtado – October 10, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Should be interesting to have him on the show. I like that he’ll be taking over Pete’s role as an ER Dr. Also hope that he becomes involved with Amelia. She does need a happy ending already especially if this will be the last season of PP.
    I see the lady from Martin and My Wife and Kids will be a patient… She’s always a hoot.

Comment by Shuayb – October 11, 2012 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh yes! Pic 3 has Sheldon’s patient who had thoughts of sleeping with a young child. Makes sense why Sheldon fears the worst.
    Carter Macintyre is seriously good. He play a weird almost cheesy guardian angel in Drop Dead Diva and her a creepy would be paedophile. Gonna be an interesting ep all round. Now Violet just needs to not mess it up being all annoying…

Comment by Shuayb – October 11, 2012 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like the long hair and please, let’s just leave Violet alone for a while. Let her grieve.

Comment by Sandrine – October 11, 2012 01:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope he will be involved with Amelia

Comment by simy – October 11, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt is a great looking guy, even if he were bald. It’s exciting to see him looking more mature and as handsome as ever—-and he is a superb actor. I am sure he will make PP even better. I love the show!

Comment by joni – October 11, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He has amazing beautiful hair and it suits him really nicely!!

Comment by Eran – March 7, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post