Garden Staked: CBS Cancels Made in Jersey

Get More: Cancellations, News

Made in Jersey CancelledAnd the first cancellation of the 2012-13 TV season is… CBS’ Made in Jersey.

The Eye network has pulled the freshman procedural from its Friday schedule after two very low-rated outings.

To fill the voidCSI: NY will move to 9/8c and the 8 pm perch will be filled by rotating procedural encores (first up this Friday: NCIS) until Undercover Boss takes over there beginning Nov. 2.

In its second week, Jersey shed nearly 30 percent of its premiere week demo rating (dropping to a CW-like 0.8).

Post your eulogies for Janet Montgomery’s Jersey girl in the comments. And while you’re at it, place your bets on what will be this season’s second cancellation.

Comments (205)

• I was on the fence about Made in Jersey. The show was okay, but I had a hard time listening to the so-called Jersey accents. I am not from New Jersey, but I was married to a family from there (notice I say I was married to a family… my husband was from there, and you marry into the whole dang Jersey Italian family!!). Part of the problem is that Janet Montgomery is British. In her former TV series, Human Target, she also played an American, but with no accent. That was tolerable. (That series was also canceled after she joined the cast). I understand they probably wanted to play up the accent since the essence of the show is set in Jersey, but they would have been better off going with no accents. Made in Jersey was on the hour prior to Blue Bloods (the ONLY CBS show I watch), which is the only reason I checked it out.

Comment by Patti – October 26, 2012 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually really liked this, and am quite dissapointed to hear it was cancelled. It reminded me a bit of Ugly Betty.

Comment by Suong – October 28, 2012 02:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the pilot with high hopes but literally turned it off after twenty minutes. It was completely unbelievable. This 1st year is running around investigating crimes with the firm’s P.I. Ironically the best scenes were with her family at home. It was the only part of the show that was realistic.

Comment by Malvenue – October 28, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched both episodes and I liked it a lot. They should have gave it a chances. Friday night is a very hard night to get great ratings and letting it run only twice, not enough time. Replacing it with Under Cover Boss is very sad!!! Made in Jersey is way better then that show!!

Comment by tina – October 28, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed this show and am disappointed in its cancellation. This happens far to often, they could have finished out the season at least, but typical television lets pull a show and put on reruns that should make people happy

Comment by Tracey Barker – October 31, 2012 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked this show! But I think it would do better on like the cw network due to its viewer demographic

Comment by Darien – November 12, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not beleive this show got cancelled, it explains though why i can’t find it on Friday nights..boo CBS

Comment by Kennedy – November 14, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show, looked forward to watching it every friday before my Absolute fave show BLUE BLOODS wish they would try again with it next year. :(

Comment by Alissa – December 22, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am watching reruns on it now, I watched the first couple of shows and I can tell you that there are a whole lot of other shows that weren’t cancelled, and I would say that the only reason it didn’t do to well is because they put in on up against Grimm on NBC, put it up against something like Mob Doctor or the Mindy Project it would still be on Television, gotta say, I love the show.

Comment by Keith – December 29, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would much rather watch Made in Jersey then that stupid un-reality show “undercover boss”! It’s the same F’in script every week, just a new ‘boss’ and more employees that know the boss is undercover but act like they don’t so they can tell their ‘sob’ stories, that we all have, and get free s**t. Most of the makeovers are so ridiculous, how could they not know? Get your head out of your ass CBS and axe “undercover boss’ next…………..the show SUCKS!

Comment by Jame P. Chavez – December 29, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was actually a great show and had good episodes …lead actress was very engaging to watch very respectful cast also. Very surprised CBS didn’t really give it a shot..the low ratings is simply because of time slot and bad advertising. Thought the show had meaning and good sub plots. Poor CBS executives…don’t know a good thing when they see one!!!!!!!!

Comment by Dave – December 29, 2012 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yea, they ought to cancel the exects and leave the show on.

Comment by Kenny – January 1, 2013 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally I liked the show. Out was entertaining and had at least a storyline. Made me feel good to see a regular person get a chance.

Really!?! Shows like Biggest Loser and Honey Boo Boo may have better viewership but ridiculous to watch.

Comment by Jeannie – January 1, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Made in Jersey was given half a chance. Just like a lot of the other shows I USED to watch. Thanks for nothing. CSI series is about the only decent thing on tv anyway. Reality tv is crap. Give it up. I got enough reality at home.

Comment by AJ – February 9, 2013 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its a pity that it is already cancelled i liked it very much i was just wondering when the next episodes started untill i read it wasnt going to happend.i like the jersey woman the way she act and talked sha made me think she is a sort of the person from the nanny tv series fran fine she could handle every thing and made it happend just like now the jersey woman.I still hope they find a way that it will come back so we can watch further.

Comment by jersey – February 15, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post