Glee: 14 Questions We Want Answered!

Something called “the national pastime” is putting the brakes on Season 4 of Glee till early November — an especially painful twist of fate considering all the relationship fallout and gasp-inducing drama stirred up in the show’s most recent episode, “The Break Up,” which aired last Thursday.

To help pass the long absence (surely it’ll make our hearts grow fonder, though, right?) we’ve concocted a list of 14 burning questions we can’t wait to see answered when Glee returns to the airwaves.

RELATED | Exclusive Post Mortem: Glee Boss on ‘Break-Up’ Fallout, Promises ‘Nothing Is Set in Stone’ – Plus: Cory Monteith ‘Sad, Nostalgic’ in Episode’s Wake

Check ‘em out in the photo gallery below, then hit the comments with the story arcs that you’re dying to see play out before the end of the year.

1. Mélanie says:

Having seen glee 4×05 preview, you should have teased the love square that is coming on :) BLAKE IS THERE ! So Kitty-Jack-Marley-Ryder thing

2. Zuul says:

15. Why is this show still on the air?

3. Fan says:

Finn and Rachel growning individually without new love interests and getting back together. Rachel focusing on school and making some friends who are female. Finn and Santana moving to NYC and becoming best friends. More focus on Tina, Artie and Sam with ND. Getting rid of the newbies with the exception of Jake, the only one with potential. Rachel just wanting to be friends with Brody and finding out what Cassandra meant with her comment from ep. 2. Also have Rachel look more like Rachel and not exactly like Lea.

4. Tyler says:

Oh Glee, don’t ruin one of my favorite friendships (Brittany/Sam) to play love musical chairs. I love Sam, I love Brittany, but I would really dislike them as a couple. People can be friends and it can be awesome. The show needs it.
    As for Santana, I think she’s going to be in New York after Christmas. Just a feeling I have. Hopefully she’s gonna be working/singing at Callbacks. Maybe Brittany can work to graduate earlier and join her in the city.
    I also would like Rachel to grow individually.

5. Regina says:

OMG Gretchen, stop trying to make Bram happen. Its not gonna happen!

6. Bored says:

How about “Will Kurt ever sing a solo again?” Or even better, “When will they realize literally no one cares about these new people or their after school special story lines?”

7. Azalea says:

Brody and Rachel are… boring. He doesn’t really have a personality, besides his body. Kinda curious about Finn’s new girl, even tho I don’t have a personal investment in his sl.
    I like Brittany/Sam as a friendship and both characters separately but not as a couple. Glee needs to stop to pair everyone up for kicks and work on developing the characters individually.
    And how about a Kurt solo? Do they realize we didn’t warm up to these new characters? These are burning questions.

8. Cami says:

Why Sam and Brittany need to start dating? Can they stay only friends? Glee never write friendships only relationships that needs to stop. Plus why Brittany will date Sam now? even tho’ she and Santana broke up she’s still very much in love with her. Give them a rest please.

PS: The only thing that could be ON is Brittana so stop trying to make Bram happen. HELL TO THE NOOOOOOOOOOOO to Bram.

9. zoe says:

miss mercedes and quinn, not really interested in a new girl for finn but kinda into brody/rachel (even though girl needs to be single for a while, big no to brittany/sam in a romantic sense (but they work as friends/bros), yes to santana in new york asap (brittany could join her after graduation) yes to more tina (wasn’t she supposed to be the new rachel?) and who cares about the new kids and their emo drama.

10. Shay says:

Santana needs to get in NYC already. That side of the show is really boring for me, and I thought that would be the best part of the show. The guest stars are doing nothing for me and Kurt and Rachel aren’t enough to hold my interest.
    I’m on board with Brittany/Sam as friends, but nothing more. I’d like to see a good friendship on this show for once. Brittany is clearly in love with Santana – but I’d like to see her work on herself, graduate, and not being thrown in a new random couple. Individual development FTW.
    I really miss the oldies – the newbies have no personalities whatsoever. So bland, and their dynamics are basically carbon copies of the old characters.

11. grace says:

is someone even invested in the new characters? They’re really bland and they’re basically 2.0 versions of Puck, Quinn/Santana, and the new one will be Finn.
    I like Sam and Brittany as friends and I want it to stay that way. Both characters are my favorites but there’s no need to put them together just because they need to pair all the characters up. I want Brittany to stay single (even tho her and Santana didn’t officially break up) and focus on herself and her studies.
    I miss the old cast so I’m excited to see Mercedes again. Also hopefully if Santana goes to NYC she will revive that side of the show because as of now it’s boring.

12. Anonymous says:

NYC is the ideal place for young hopefuls trying to make a fresh start so isn’t this a great time to bring back Max Adler? It would perfect for Dave Karofsky to have traded in his formerly oppressive life in Ohio to the freedom and possibilities of NY (maybe the Columbia University football team?) and can be reintroduced as a gay bff for Kurt

13. Jordan says:

The NYADA side is surprisingly boring for me. I was expecting more from that, the big stars aren’t doing much. Rachel/Brody is just there.
    Definitely needs more Kurt and for Santana to get more focus, I miss her snark. We got like two minutes of her in four episodes.
    THE BIGGEST NO to Brittany and Sam getting together. I like both characters but no. Brittany needs to focus on herself and graduation. It’d be great if somehow she could go to NYC too and spice that group.
    And why are we even giving attention to the group of noobies?

14. Kay says:

I just want Blaine to be happy again. He was so lonely and depressed without Kurt. If Kurt and Blaine aren’t meant to be together, then I hope Blaine can straighten out his life and eventually find someone who appreciates him and gives him the love that he needs.

15. Laila says:

I’m curious to see who will be Finn’s new girl. Hope it’s someone sweet who won’t treat him badly like Quinn or who won’t suck the life out of him like Rachel. Cory is looking mighty fine lately. Yum yum. I want to see who taps that.

16. Taylor says:

I think both Blaine and Kurt need to work though some stuff and get things figured out, especially Blaine because he’s a mess. Other guys are not going to help, come on, more Eli would spell disaster. I hope they can work back into being best friends again and supporting each other leading into the inevitable romantic reunion and I look forward to seeing them interact.

• Angela says:

Agreed on them figuring things out and such, but I must admit I’m kind of curious to see who this Eli guy is and find out what exactly happened.
      Actually, the one relationship I’m most interested in personally is Will and Emma’s, in part because theirs has been kinda shoved into the background for the most part and it’d be nice to see them pop up in a storyline again. It won’t surprise me at all if Will ends up straying, or even thinking about doing such a thing. And if so I hope to see more of Emma’s backbone if/when she finds out-I like it when she sticks up for herself. Will’s got a good thing with her, so if he screws it up he could well regret it, and I’d like to see how that plays out.

17. Fan says:

I’m excited for Finn’s new love interest, but glad that she won’t show up until after episode 10.

18. Pablo says:

TINA! She needs an storyline!

19. Haley says:

Excited to see more of Brody and Rachel!! I really want to see them spending more time together!

20. tonya says:

Joe has nothing to do with Quinn!There wasn’t even a romance between them whenshe was still in Mckinley

21. Barbara Uck says:

I want to see Puck with Quinn!

22. Tim says:

15. When are they going to do an awesome cover of Oppan Gangnam Style?

23. Natalie says:

Is Quinn comming back at all?

24. j says:

I want to know how Finn’s storyline turns out to be in ND

25. nina says:

Let Sam have a REAL relationship this time. Quinn used him, Santana used him, Mercedes.. I don’t even know what that was and neither did Glee apparently, since they’ve been broken up twice now, without any of it ever appearing on screen. Brittany.. just no.. let her be a little comedian and try focusing on her grades instead. Can’t Sam just have a sweet girl that would like to get to know him and not someone who wants him to get over someone or use him for something?

Would love to see Kurt, Rachel and Santana sharing an apartment in NY, that would be fantastic! The arguments, the comedy and the weirdest little trilogy of friends ever to happen.

26. Leo says:

I’m loving the NY part of the show way more, and I’m a bit surprised. So I would like to see more there. And please, give Kurt something to sing! And Tina! And give Blaine less to sing.

27. Lucas says:

I wish Glee stopped putting people together randomly. People can be friends. Didn’t they say they’d focus more on the individuals than on romantic relationships anyway? I’m not interested in Rachel/Brody, Finn/New Girl, and even less in Brittany/Sam (where is this even coming from anyway?).
    The NY side needs some more spark so I hope they find a way to graduate Brittany earlier and put her there. Too many divas is not good. Santana should already be there because that part of the show is surprisingly boring for me. I really miss the old cast, the new kids aren’t adding anything new or revolutionary to the show, so I’m looking forward to see Mercedes again.

28. whatever says:

What’s with this stupid obsession that every girl needs to be paired with a boy? This show is ridiculous and stupid write-up like this only make it worse.
    I’m certainly more interested in the Rachel-Quinn friendship (if the writers even remember they were friends and that Quinn spent $400 on tickets so they could take trips and visit each other) and if Dianna is finally going to have a solo (or another duet with Lea Michele) that was actually written before in the 21st century.

29. Eric says:

While I enjoy the songs by Lea and Darren, this show is treading water. It should’ve ended after they won nationals. Now they’ve ruined the original characters by trying to extend them, and the new characters are just not that interesting.

30. Jon says:

Seriously, it is amazing how stupid the writers can be, I mean, they “know” how to write for everyone, right? wrong! There is Tina, who is an amazing character with mad singing skills & yet we barely know anything about her, I mean, she deserves to be known and liked, just as much as Rachel, Blaine or Santana, for example.
    However they decide to foucus more on recurring characters who just got into the show & that are replicas of the college characters, that doesn’t look very smart & I’m sure that a good writer would know how to write for everyone. If Tina doesn’t get her chance in the spotlight for more than one episode (like they did with S03 Props – best episode yet) I’m quitting the show

31. Filteredout says:

Can Blaine have some more one night stands?
    (I know that sounds weird).

32. Terry says:

All the new character haters in this thread are just jealous they can’t be as flawless as Kitty, Mmmkay.

33. P. K. Ott says:

WANT KAROFSKY BACK!!!!!

34. loveme says:

On Tina, question. I so agree when will she have her big moment. I thought that last year the end of season 3, Rachel said this year will be her (Tina) year but it turn out to not be her but Blaine. Tina should have been the new Rachel and leader not Blaine. She was one of the original New Directions.

When Glee come back I so hope Tina get to play the leading actress “Sandy” in Glease. If she doesn’t get it the role and one of the new member get it I will be so mad and sad. It won’t be fair for Tina again. She a senior and she should get the role. Like in season 3 with “West Side Love” they said that it the senior year and its their time to shine. If Tina doesn’t shine on her senior year I don’t think I will be watching Glee any more.

35. Flobot says:

First off, I don’t want Santana in NY. I liked her at first but eventually she was mean, just to be mean. She had issues, sure, so did everyone. But even when everyone dedicated everything to her, she was still just a beyotch. Keep her in Louisville, please. OTOH, I would love to see Puck in NY. Can’t imagine why he’d be there, but I miss him and think he and Rachel were good friends and maybe he and Kurt could become friends.
    I don’t mind Sam and Brittany to be honest. I didn’t think I would like them interacting as much as I did. If they date, great. If not, I’d be glad to just see them as friends.
    Sebastian and Blaine had chemistry? I missed that. Frankly, I wish Sebastian were in NY and he and Kurt could interact again. I always thought there was something between them. But I do want to see Kurt moving on. I really don’t hope Isabelle screws him over because I’m sick of Kurt being dumped on again and again. Let him shine for once. And let him get some sort of social life that doesn’t revolve around Rachel. I like them as friends and roommates, but I want him to have his own life. Not to mention, I’d like to see him get a straight guy friend for once (Like Puck, see above). As for Blaine. I really want him to be alone.
    Finn back at McKinley is something I’m waiting to see. When Kurt hung around the choir room he was considered a loser even though he had a job and was starting classes at the community college. I bet Finn doesn’t get the same treatment. I’d have to see how he interacts with this new girl to decide if I’d like them together or not. As for Rachel, I really hope Brody doesn’t turn out to be a douche. It’d be typical to go there. Not to mention repetitive, but I wouldn’t mind giving him and Rachel a chance.
    To be honest, most of the Ohio stuff bores me. Jake/Marley/Kitty and I’m sure Ryder is all been there, done that. I like Sam, but I’m still wondering where is he living now? I’d like to see Brittany considering her future. We are still getting nothing when it comes to Tina and now I’m feeling like it’d be too late to try any development. Will bores me to death. As the teacher, he’s fine, but I’m sick of his home life. And I can’t wait to see Quinn. Personally, I always got a Quinn/Artie vibe and I think it’d be interesting to see if something could happen there. Artie could to head to Yale and you never know. :)

36. Margo says:

I really don’t get all the pasting together all the names because most off them are ridiculous.
    On that note: Sam and Brittany can happen but I’m not sure how that will work she clearly isn’t over Santana and we know she is very loyal.
    As for Sebastian? Yes please!!!!!! I really want to see more of the Sebastian what makes him act like that, the reason for that. I Loved Sebastian last season and I want to see him again not as a love interest for Blaine but as a great team captain who want’s his team to win. Love to see them at Nationals too
    I say the more I see of Grant the better!!!
    The less I see of Rachel the better I think the girl is annoying and the show is starting to revolve around her it’s still Glee no?
    And Kurt boss stealing his stuff is something I saw coming from the beginning. And I know that Blaine is the one who cheated but Kurt is the one that completely over looked Blaine in his sparkling new NewYork life. Blaine made the mistake of letting his life and world revolve around Kurt who loved every second of that being adored. And instead of being the more mature man and at least listen to Blaine he shots him done and starts to talk about himself again.
    And as for Finn? I never understand why he was the male vocalist while Puck, Artie, Kurt are much much better, and don’t sound like a 12 year old girl. He has absolutely no charisma what so ever. He is just awkward.
    Glee really sucks at the moment soo maybe the first thing: some-one needs to get their asses seriously kicked
    (And yes English is not my first language)

37. GabrielaRod says:

Im dying to see how Kurt is gonna move on now that Blaine Cheat? cuz come on we had to wait till middle season 2 to get a love interest for Kurt, then he is Happy in a very stable relationship an entire Season then BAM!, Suddenly the Nice and Madly In Love with Kurt Blaine Cheats that Fast. I wanna know how thats gonna work. OBVIOUSLY I just want them to get back together but no so soon cuz Im still Pissed at Blaine.

• Kay says:

I’m not so sure Kurt and Blaine will get together again. I read somewhere that Chris Colfer doesn’t want Klaine together as he wants his own storyline. So I think that ship has sailed.

38. Megan says:

I.NEED.GLEE.SCOOP. NOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! pleading here

39. Jaymee says:

The new guy Brody is sooo dam hot!! But you can see he knows it which sux!