Can Paula Abdul Give DWTS a Lift, As a Judge?

Infamous American Idol alum Paula Abdul will go from (theoretically) critiquing melisma to assessing mambos, as a guest judge on Dancing With the Stars, it was announced Monday night on the ABC competition.

News of Abdul’s visit — which is set for next Monday, Oct. 15 — comes on the heels of DWTS  delivering two of its softest ratings weeks to date, including its lowest-rated fall premiere.

Abdul began her career as a Los Angeles Lakers cheerleader, moved on to choreographing music videos, and ultimately won a pair of Emmys for choreographing The Tracey Ullman Show and the American Music Awards.

In between parting ways with Fox’s Idol and her one-and-done run on The X Factor, Abdul shepherded a short-lived dance competition series for CBS, Live to Dance.

1. Alice says:

Last weeks elimination proved that there’s really no point in watching DWTS live anymore- I mean, what’s the use? You can watch the individual dances online later, but there’s no point in getting invested in watching dancers and voting week to week when the Tea Party has decided to suddenly care about dancing, again. Paula Abdul certainly isn’t going to get me to tune in. I miss last season’s cast- not a Gosselin or Palin in sight…sigh. Maybe in the spring….

• Kathleen says:

I actually voted and had friends do the same with a total of 11 phone lines in hopes of getting rid of Bristol Palin. Why are the judges complimenting her, she can’t dance, she barely moves!
      We voted for those with the 3 lower scores hoping to keep everyone else but Bristol. I really hope she gets eliminated tonight. Why was she even asked back? She is horrible and never should have made it to the finals the first time she appeared on the show. I agree, it’s a Tea Party conspiracy.

2. Lorie says:

I’m looking forward to Paula’s visit next week.

3. smh says:

Dancing with the stars no longer interests me, ever since they decided to include Bristol Palin as a cast. Can some one explain to me how the hell is she a “star”??

4. StupidPeopleShutUp says:

The show is idiotic.

5. Jinjeon says:

Get rid of useless and annoying Carrie Ann and make Paula Abdul permanent judge and I may watch it again.

6. I am really going to scream if they don’t get rid of Bristol Palin in tonight’s double elimination. She should have been gone 2 weeks ago! Her melt down in the tape shows how spoiled and selfish she really is.

7. Nancy says:

I wasn’t going to watch this season because Bristol was on. I have always enjoyed the show so I changed my mind and have been watching. However, if Bristol doesn’t go tonight, I’m gone! Besides the fact that she can’t dance, she is a drama queen.

8. Mary says:

I watch for the entertainment value nothing else, so I do not care if Paula is there or not. I agree that Bristol should of went last week, but I have to say I really enjoyed all the other dancers. If it is truly based on the dancing ( which we know it is not) the bottom three should be Bristol, Kristie and Drew.

9. Andrea says:

I do have to say that Bristol is much improved from her original season, and I’m some tea party person voting her, just an observation. But she is no where near the level that all the other cast members are. Last nights dances were fabulous! I think it will come down to whoever has more fans since the dancing is all so good. Paula should be interesting.

10. Jake says:

It amazes me that they brought back brat/idiot Bristol. How can you even claim this bimbo of a political bimbo is a star. I wish some person would adopt me so I can be a star. People need to stop watching these type of shows. Reality/contestant shows are so over done. It’s time to get back to some good story telling TV and get rid of all this other CRAP!.

11. Mike says:

Infamous? How much intelligence and wit must it take to come up with these words of eloquence?

12. Yolanda says:

Infamous?? Watch your mouth!! Paula is a sweet lady.