Video Q&A: Once Upon a Time's Jennifer Morrison Previews Emma's Fairytale Nightmare

Jennifer MorrisonAt the close of Once Upon a Time‘s Season 2 premiere, Storybrooke sheriff Emma and her BFF Mary Margaret — aka her mom, Snow White — tumbled through a magic portal, landing in a fairy scary corner of fairytale land that barely escaped Regina’s curse. What’s more, because of the timing of their arrival, the women are believed to be foe, not friend, by locals such as Mulan and Aurora.

Is the gnarly situation easily remedied by Snow whipping out her fairytale land driver’s license? Er… not quite. As Jennifer Morrison, who plays Emma, shares in the video Q&A below, “Everything has changed” and “fallen apart” in the realm Snow once called home. “It’s a bit of a free-for all.”

RELATED | Lana Parrilla Talks Once Upon a Time Twist: ‘It’s a Victory’ for Regina, ‘Yet There’s Guilt’

Morrison also talks about whom Emma will (and will not) bump into during this not-so-excellent adventure, marvels over the wild experiences Emma has endured since meeting Henry, and shares how her character will “rely on Snow in a very particular way” as the just-reunited mother and daughter spend a lot of quality time together in the last place they’d expect. (ABC’s Once airs Sundays at 8/7c.)

RELATED | Who Is Once Upon a Time’s Mystery Man in NYC? We Spy 12 Clues!

1. Louise says:

I like that they’re leaving it open for interpretation for now what caused the “magic boost” in the season premiere. It was one of my favorite moments in that episode and for some reason I hope it is something that is between Emma and Regina and that this something they will have to deal with once Emma comes back.

2. zaza says:

Talk about a teasing…Jennifer talking about Henry’s father and then showing Henry pointing to a picture of the Mad Hatter in his book. I know it wouldn’t be Jefferson (since Emma didn’t react to him as she would if they had encountered each other before, especially in an intimate way), BUT…they had such great chemistry that I can’t help wishing…

• Shiran says:

AND they are actually dating so maybe…

• Stormy says:

I hope Jefferson isn’t Henry’s father because he and Jefferson’s daughter were kind of making eyes at each other.

• Linds says:

The mystery guy who the audience saw in the first scene in last weeks ep people think its Baelfire who is Rumples son and Hernys dad. I doubt its Jefferson because she would reacted differently when she first saw him

• Mary says:

Yeah I kind of wish it was Jefferson too.

• Me says:

I really don’t get the Jefferson/Emma ship. They met, he drugged her, then forced her to make a hat so he could have magic again… None of that seems like a good start/ hint of a relationship. I mean Snow had to kick him out a window to get away from him. Sure he is an interesting character, but I really don’t see the romance. Can someone explain the draw to me?

• Cindy says:

You could pretty much say the same thing about Rumpbelle. ;)

If there is romance is questionable but Jefferson has his right to redeem himself and find his happy ending as everyone else. Others on this show did worse things than him and fans believe in the good in them. It feels wrong to mark him as solely madly bad. He had his understandable reasons for what he did to Emma and Snow. He is a victim of the curse and Reginas terror. I hope he will reunite with his daughter and finds some peace to be capable of ally with Emma for the final battle.

• Rae says:

I really hope the mystery man isn’t both Henry’s father and Bae. I’m happy for either, just not both!

3. omabin says:

I am loving TV Line recent intense coverage o OUT. I am completely addicted to the show and I truly think the second season will be even better than the first one, so thank you for this tvline, keep it coming!

4. Linds says:

Normally, the first season of a tv series is my favourite and the other season arent as good as the first,but the writers add something new to the plot which I think its amazing. Totally different then first season. Great show keep up the great work

5. Cindy says:

Lol, at least we know now the actor who will play Henrys Dad, thanks to ENTV who spoiled it on youtube in their description to the interview-video. ;)

I´m looking forward to see Emma and Snow in fairytale land. It will be for sure an exciting journey for Emma. :)

6. Kate says:

Why people want hatter and emma to be together? He kidnap, hurt and scared her, the chemistry between them were amazing, but that because they’re dating in real life!

My little sister and many little girls watch this series because of the princesses and now they will think it’s okay to have a relationship with a mad kidnapper

7. K says:

I hope she sees Graham/The Huntsman while she’s on the other side.

• jj says:

Graham/The Huntsman is dead. He crossed off to Storybrook and died there, meaning he isn’t like Mulan and the others who didn’t cross over. Jennifer explains this in the video.

8. Ella says:

I love OUAT! Thanks so much for the coverage!!

9. cjeffery7 says:

so j. mor had to get gussied up for this interview and matt webb mitovich didn’t?? for shame! ;-)

10. Jake says:

I just got into this show a week before season 2 started (thank you netflix) and it quickly became one of my favorite shows of the year. I managed to marathon the entire first season in 2 days just in time for season 2. I love the twist the writers thought up for all these different characters, it’s fantastic.

11. Dennis says:

Great SHOW!
    Also just watched 666 park avenue, you should really give it a try!!!

12. Kelly says:

I am enjoying emma and the charming family. I can not get into Mulan or Aurora. I hope Emma and Snow are back in storybrooke soon.

13. Patti says:

I don’t like new fairytale land and find Mulan and Aurora annoying. I wonder if the final battle will be between old and new ftl

14. Patti says:

I can not wait for Charming and Emma to start to get to know each other and have a bond. Maybe they can be sheriffs together.

15. Once Upon A Time is my favorite show! It reminds me of the mystery of “Lost” which I watched for the whole six years it was on. Fantastic job!

16. Alexia says:

I am so excited for tonight!

17. Anna says:

Maybe they’ll bump into Graham! What if when someone dies in Storybrooke they are transported back to fairy tale land?

18. I just want to know what is up with Eddie and Adam throwing characters into “pits”. Oh, Lost, how I miss you.