Video Q&A: Once Upon a Time's Jennifer Morrison Previews Emma's Fairytale Nightmare

Get More: Interviews, Previews, Video

Jennifer MorrisonAt the close of Once Upon a Time‘s Season 2 premiere, Storybrooke sheriff Emma and her BFF Mary Margaret — aka her mom, Snow White — tumbled through a magic portal, landing in a fairy scary corner of fairytale land that barely escaped Regina’s curse. What’s more, because of the timing of their arrival, the women are believed to be foe, not friend, by locals such as Mulan and Aurora.

Is the gnarly situation easily remedied by Snow whipping out her fairytale land driver’s license? Er… not quite. As Jennifer Morrison, who plays Emma, shares in the video Q&A below, “Everything has changed” and “fallen apart” in the realm Snow once called home. “It’s a bit of a free-for all.”

RELATED | Lana Parrilla Talks Once Upon a Time Twist: ‘It’s a Victory’ for Regina, ‘Yet There’s Guilt’

Morrison also talks about whom Emma will (and will not) bump into during this not-so-excellent adventure, marvels over the wild experiences Emma has endured since meeting Henry, and shares how her character will “rely on Snow in a very particular way” as the just-reunited mother and daughter spend a lot of quality time together in the last place they’d expect. (ABC’s Once airs Sundays at 8/7c.)

RELATED | Who Is Once Upon a Time’s Mystery Man in NYC? We Spy 12 Clues!

Comments (28)

• I like that they’re leaving it open for interpretation for now what caused the “magic boost” in the season premiere. It was one of my favorite moments in that episode and for some reason I hope it is something that is between Emma and Regina and that this something they will have to deal with once Emma comes back.

Comment by Louise – October 5, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Talk about a teasing…Jennifer talking about Henry’s father and then showing Henry pointing to a picture of the Mad Hatter in his book. I know it wouldn’t be Jefferson (since Emma didn’t react to him as she would if they had encountered each other before, especially in an intimate way), BUT…they had such great chemistry that I can’t help wishing…

Comment by zaza – October 5, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AND they are actually dating so maybe…

Comment by Shiran – October 5, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope Jefferson isn’t Henry’s father because he and Jefferson’s daughter were kind of making eyes at each other.

Comment by Stormy – October 5, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The mystery guy who the audience saw in the first scene in last weeks ep people think its Baelfire who is Rumples son and Hernys dad. I doubt its Jefferson because she would reacted differently when she first saw him

Comment by Linds – October 5, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah I kind of wish it was Jefferson too.

Comment by Mary – October 5, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really don’t get the Jefferson/Emma ship. They met, he drugged her, then forced her to make a hat so he could have magic again… None of that seems like a good start/ hint of a relationship. I mean Snow had to kick him out a window to get away from him. Sure he is an interesting character, but I really don’t see the romance. Can someone explain the draw to me?

Comment by Me – October 5, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You could pretty much say the same thing about Rumpbelle. ;)

If there is romance is questionable but Jefferson has his right to redeem himself and find his happy ending as everyone else. Others on this show did worse things than him and fans believe in the good in them. It feels wrong to mark him as solely madly bad. He had his understandable reasons for what he did to Emma and Snow. He is a victim of the curse and Reginas terror. I hope he will reunite with his daughter and finds some peace to be capable of ally with Emma for the final battle.

Comment by Cindy – October 6, 2012 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really hope the mystery man isn’t both Henry’s father and Bae. I’m happy for either, just not both!

Comment by Rae – October 8, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am loving TV Line recent intense coverage o OUT. I am completely addicted to the show and I truly think the second season will be even better than the first one, so thank you for this tvline, keep it coming!

Comment by omabin – October 5, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Normally, the first season of a tv series is my favourite and the other season arent as good as the first,but the writers add something new to the plot which I think its amazing. Totally different then first season. Great show keep up the great work

Comment by Linds – October 5, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol, at least we know now the actor who will play Henrys Dad, thanks to ENTV who spoiled it on youtube in their description to the interview-video. ;)

I´m looking forward to see Emma and Snow in fairytale land. It will be for sure an exciting journey for Emma. :)

Comment by Cindy – October 5, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No they didn’t.

Comment by Mary – October 5, 2012 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LMAO, Someone made a call and they have deleted the name. ;)

Comment by Cindy – October 6, 2012 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why people want hatter and emma to be together? He kidnap, hurt and scared her, the chemistry between them were amazing, but that because they’re dating in real life!

My little sister and many little girls watch this series because of the princesses and now they will think it’s okay to have a relationship with a mad kidnapper

Comment by Kate – October 5, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she sees Graham/The Huntsman while she’s on the other side.

Comment by K – October 5, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Graham/The Huntsman is dead. He crossed off to Storybrook and died there, meaning he isn’t like Mulan and the others who didn’t cross over. Jennifer explains this in the video.

Comment by jj – October 6, 2012 01:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love OUAT! Thanks so much for the coverage!!

Comment by Ella – October 5, 2012 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so j. mor had to get gussied up for this interview and matt webb mitovich didn’t?? for shame! ;-)

Comment by cjeffery7 – October 5, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just got into this show a week before season 2 started (thank you netflix) and it quickly became one of my favorite shows of the year. I managed to marathon the entire first season in 2 days just in time for season 2. I love the twist the writers thought up for all these different characters, it’s fantastic.

Comment by Jake – October 6, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great SHOW!
    Also just watched 666 park avenue, you should really give it a try!!!

Comment by Dennis – October 6, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am enjoying emma and the charming family. I can not get into Mulan or Aurora. I hope Emma and Snow are back in storybrooke soon.

Comment by Kelly – October 6, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like new fairytale land and find Mulan and Aurora annoying. I wonder if the final battle will be between old and new ftl

Comment by Patti – October 6, 2012 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not wait for Charming and Emma to start to get to know each other and have a bond. Maybe they can be sheriffs together.

Comment by Patti – October 6, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon A Time is my favorite show! It reminds me of the mystery of “Lost” which I watched for the whole six years it was on. Fantastic job!

Comment by Linda Parish (@krismicklin) – October 7, 2012 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited for tonight!

Comment by Alexia – October 7, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe they’ll bump into Graham! What if when someone dies in Storybrooke they are transported back to fairy tale land?

Comment by Anna – October 7, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want to know what is up with Eddie and Adam throwing characters into “pits”. Oh, Lost, how I miss you.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – October 8, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post