New American Horror Story: Asylum Trailer – With Real (and Creepy) Footage!

Get More: First Look, News, Video

How many scary/disturbing images are crammed into the new one-minute trailer for American Horror Story: Asylum, the first promo for the FX scarefest to feature footage from the actual miniseries?

Well, to be honest, I’m not sure. After one viewing, I’m taking a 10-minute breather to shake the “eeks” from the sight of some dude’s eyes getting pried open with metal clamps, another somebody’s leg getting swallowed by a dusty wall (!) and recent Emmy winner Jessica Lange’s terrifying nun spanking a desk to make her subordinate cry. (Hey, I went to Catholic school through sixth grade; that ish is effective!)

On the “it’s not all gruesome” tip, Adam Levine looks typically foxy as a photographer type who breaks the cardinal rule of all scary entertainments: Don’t go trying to get busy in an abandoned, creepy insane asylum!

Check it out for yourself below, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

AHS: Asylum premieres Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 10/9c.

Comments (18)

• That looks like it could be a screenshot from A Clockwork Orange.

Comment by aleksa – October 5, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s why I think this is going to be a far superior season:
    1. Jessica Lange is apparently the main character.
    2. Sarah Paulson and Zachary Quinto are the secondary leads.
    3. The horror is built in. There’s no need for ridiculous premises to make it seem scarier than it is.
    4. The overarching plot seems more unique and well put together.

This is from someone who hates Ryan Murphy and thought the first season was lukewarm: I can’t wait for Asylum.

Comment by Sam – October 5, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t forget 5. James Cromwell.

Comment by Mellie – October 5, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree 100% Sam. Perhaps his 2nd season curse is lifted!

Comment by Keenan – October 6, 2012 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks absolutely wonderful. I’ve been watching all of the “clue” clips as they’ve come out and have watched this video at least six times today ugh… It can’t come soon enough. I hate saying that I love AHS simply because it’s a Ryan Murphy show, but I love AHS. And this season looks like it’s going to be massively better than the previous.

Comment by Mellie – October 5, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the first season of AHS (especially Jessica Lange) and can’t wait for the new season to start. This show is a far cry from Glee, New Normal and other Ryan Murphy shows so I won’t judge him by those. I (and I’m sure the network) was hoping 666 Park would be good and draw the same viewers but I found it a silly and very pale imitation of AHS.

Comment by TheBeach – October 5, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From what I’ve gathered, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters are the “heroes” this season. She’s a journalist who gets commited to the institution right when she’s on the verge of writing a story that exposes it, and he’s fighting to prove his innocence when he’s accused of murdering his wife, who he claims was abducted by aliens. I think their facet of the story is going to be about how the the notion of sanity was used in the 60s to discredit people who were socially prejudiced against- Paulson’s character is a lesbian and Peters’ character is in an interracial relationship.

This promo definitely seems to build Paulson as the lead.

Comment by Diana – October 5, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Which is great. Sarah Paulson is seriously underutilized in Hollywood.

Comment by aleksa – October 5, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank God Jessica Lange stopped using botox but sadly the face-lift she did couple of years ago is unrepairable.

Comment by Jinjeon – October 5, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh My God!
    This season is gonna be amazing! Can’t wait.

Comment by Reward – October 5, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg that looked amazing cannot wait, first season was really good but this looks like its going to be a lot better. Love Joseph Fienes cannot wait

Comment by Patricia – October 5, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the Catholic school experience is going to make this season that much more creepy ;) Love it!! And Jessica reminds me of a nun I had as a school principal… eeep!

Comment by Denise@americanhorrorstoryfan – October 5, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh, will never be as good as season house or close

The harmons and the murder house were the best thing about AHS, they were ahs…not emmm the you know who overrated actress.

Comment by Ron – October 5, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As someone who loved the first season..this season seems to looks so much more scarier. I’m really loving the whole Asylum plot with the nuns and priests. This has been one of the shows I have anxiously been awaiting on. Can’t wait for October 17th!.

Comment by Jared – October 6, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This trailer looks really promising, although it seems to stray quite a bit from what I thought AHS at face value was conceptually about in the first season, as far as supernatural forces go. However, this season seems to delve right into what became the core message of last season, our inner demons. I absolutely loved the first season and was saddened to see the characters and actors leave, as well as the plot change, but I hope this season will be as psychologically interesting as it appears.

Comment by Brittany – October 6, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From the scenes I seen of AHS Asylum the show seems kind of creepy and errie. It is the same writer and producer as Glee, maybe Ryan can add some song and dance tunes. The new season seems somewhat horrorfying. I think they accidentally put in disturbing images instead of making a show about a care free Catholic Insane Asylum. I might add that Catholics are good Christian people who couldn’t harm a fly. I can’t imagine a nun using a ruler to strike desk or students or in this case employed nuns and asylum nuts.

Comment by Andy O'Connor – October 9, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone else notice how HOT ADAM LEVINE LOOKED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Hes my favorite actor from this show cant wait only 1 week away!!!!eeeh!!!!!>.<

Comment by Hazel – October 11, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they tie the first season in somehow, eventually. It would be cool if the asylum came first and the house from season 1 was built on the same grounds. The souls of the people who worked there and the patients were drawn back to the demented soil in which the house was built on. I don’t like the whole NEW and different story with the same actors from season 1.

Comment by Anna marie – October 12, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post