New Spoiler Alert!: A Glee Reveal, a Big Bang Hook-Up, an Anarchy Death – Plus: Michael Urie!

Get More: Spoilers, Video

After all the break-ups on Glee, you might be relieved to see my co-host, Matt Mitovich, and I still sharing office space and gossip in this week’s Spoiler Alert!

Even if you aren’t relieved, you should still watch this week’s installment, during which we not only give credit where it’s due — the “Break-Up” episode was a crusher! — we tease the big reveal that’s coming up for Kurt and Blaine.

And that’s just for starters.

RELATED | Cory Monteith ‘Sad and Nostalgic’ in Wake of Glee‘s ‘Break-Up’ Episode

We also get the skinny on the new love affair that’s got the producers of The Big Bang Theory all hot and bothered, nitpick Sons of Anarchy‘s funeral to death, consider the role that’s tailor-made for “a scarier Roseanne Barr,” and get Partners’ Michael Urie to spill the beans about the show’s plans for a Mennonite Thanksgiving.

All this, plus a pair of socks that you only wish you owned, is just a click away.

Comments (39)

• omg From the tweet you sent, I thought you had scoop saying that yet another SONS character was going to die. Phew.

Comment by Kelli – October 5, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sure someone else will by the time the seasons out. I don’t know any spoilers so don’t jump all over me. Just a hunch

Comment by TheDude – October 5, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yep, I have that hunch too. For some reason I think Gemma will die either this season or the next one. I simply don’t know where her character goes from here but I am enjoying her “very lost and desperate” story arc this season. Besides, we know Sutter is trying to make Tara rise as the new queen and the only way she can completely “replace” Gemma, is if Gemma either leaves Charming or she dies.

Comment by Kelli – October 5, 2012 11:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sutter stated he is trying to sell a new show and would like sagal to star in it, but only if did not interfer with the sons schedule. So I would say she is safe for a while.

Comment by Will – October 6, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Opie’s funeral was incredibly moving. The best scene of the episode. And that Greg Holden song! Fantastic.

Comment by Mary – October 5, 2012 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree the funeral was very moving and it made me cry all over again. But I do a gree with them about the Tara fight. Not sure what the purpose of that was.

Comment by Erica – October 5, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. I was kinda irritated with the Tara fight. That’s not who she is, nor did it really make any sense. Sutter is kinda pissing me off with his writing so far, too.

Comment by Ariel Rodriguez (@msarielmae) – October 5, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is the huge reveal with Glee? We already know that we gonna find out who Blaine hooked up with.

Comment by Jenny – October 5, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t the guy who Blaine hooked up with named Eli? That’s the name on the text messages. Obviously we don’t know who he is, but his name was very clear.

Comment by Mursal – October 5, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In the video, they didn’t know what the guy’s name was. They kept talking about Sebastian. Kurt asked Blaine if it was Sebastian and Blaine said no. Then Kurt wanted to know who it was and Blaine never said a name. But we know because we saw the texts that it was Eli C. These guys in the spoiler video didn’t know that – did they even watch the show? They kept saying “it will be revealed in a later episode.”

Comment by Kay – October 5, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No the Initials were ELC

Comment by Gio – October 7, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My bad! I missed the i in Eli, lol.

Anyway, here are my thoughts:

There is the potential that Eli C broke up one of the most beloved teenaged gay couples on television. Based on the hate mail and threats that Grant Gustin received by Gleeks when HIS CHARACTER tried to break up KLIANE, actually casting someone as Eli C would be irresponsible on the part of the gLee creators. Personally it would be nice to see a teenaged gay couple survive the odds, grow as a couple, make their mistakes and marry their High School Sweetheart. However, the realities and chances of that happening in “Gay” culture are highly unlikely, sad but true…

Comment by Gio – October 7, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Really, the odds of ANYONE marrying their high school sweetheart are pretty low, gay or otherwise.

Comment by Haley – October 8, 2012 02:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • funny I know at least 4 or 5 couples who married their HS sweethearts….. happens a lot more than you think

Comment by Tammy – October 10, 2012 03:33 PM PDT
          • I married my high school sweetheart.

Comment by Lou – October 13, 2012 10:10 AM PDT
  • Blaine cheated with Eli C. Whoever that is. The text messages Blaine got were from him and said “Hey sexy, you wanna come over?”
    I am just wondering how far did they go? All Blaine says is “I was with someone.”

All in all I am begging the gods they figure this out and DON’T break up. Although it is going to take a lot for Kurt (and I) to forgive Blaine.

Comment by Abbie – October 5, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • blaine also said something along the lines of “it was just a hook up”. so it depends on the definition, what the writers’ definition of a hook up is :/

Comment by destiny – October 5, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Blaine said he was “with someone.” Then he said it was “just a hook-up.” I am taking it that Blaine actually had sex with this Eli C. guy. Because if he had just kissed someone, he would have said “I kissed someone.” But to call it a “hook-up” makes it sound as if it was more than that. I don’t understand how Blaine knew where the guy lives. It sounded like maybe he had been with this guy before since Eli said “you want to come over” meaning to his house – how did Blaine know where “over ” was on a facebook text? Unless we didn’t see the rest of the exchange and maybe the guy told him his address but we didn’t see that information. I guess I don’t understand all that because I don’t have my personal information on my facebook information (I don’t think you are supposed to reveal your personal info for safety reasons).

Comment by Kay – October 7, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I read that as they had already hooked up before that song, actually before that episode started. The fb message was asking for a repeat and instead Blaine hopped on a plane to see Kurt.

Comment by TK – October 8, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is this video? Why can’t it be written text. How hard is it? I mean, I hate watching videos when we can just read it, for goodness sake!

Comment by Michelle – October 5, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This! I totally agree. That way I can skip over the shows that I don’t care about.

Comment by Kylee Shields – October 5, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aus, I completely agree re: Tara’s detour. I did NOT like that fight at ALL. Tara is way too smart to just let Gemma manipulate her like that.

Comment by the girl – October 5, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I understand why many have a problem with the Tara girl fight scene. But, what I took away from it is that it shows just how emotionally fragile Tara is right now, that she would just snap and allow Gemma to goad her into getting involved in the fight. Follow that with the scene of her sitting by herself, bloodied cast, smoking and you see that she’s spiraling downward into darker territory. With all that she’s endured in this show, it’s completely within reason that she was bound to snap sooner or later. I think that’s what we’re seeing happen with her now.

Comment by Rob Montana – October 5, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have socks like those.

Comment by Deej – October 5, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Question: I always thought that once you entered a show in a category, it stayed there. But Downton Abbey proved the rule wrong (from miniseries to drama). So, COULD Glee submit in the drama categories next year if they wanted?

Comment by bamabunny – October 5, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it definitely could. What happens is that every year, they re-submit the show into the categories. Nothing “transfers” over from the previous year. Its just that, in most cases, a show doesn’t really jump from a “drama” to a “comedy” with such force or frequency that it brings pause as to what the show should be classified as.

However, will Glee submit itself/its actors into the drama category? Most certainly not. Although it wouldn’t be shocking, there’s not way for it to lock a nomination since no Emmy voter would take it seriously- we must understand that most of the times the only thing Emmy voters see are the FYC episodes that the studio sends out, so if the FYC episode from last year was a hilarious comedy episode, but the FYC episodes from this year are drama, it wouldn’t sit well.

Comment by Yael – October 6, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael Urie is amazing in Partners, and omg next epi looks great!! The thanksgiving epi also sound like a winner, love this show!!

Comment by CB – October 5, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Michael Urie and I still miss Ugly Betty. I would love an Ugly Betty movie.

Comment by Scottyb – October 5, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow. bill prady is kinda hot for a 50-something geek. write amy farrah fowler off and you’ll be even hotter, dude. (read: middle eastern fiancee faisal.)

Comment by jessie higH20 – October 5, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have always thought Glee’s best moments are the dramatic ones.

Comment by Jenny – October 5, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael Urie is the most adorable person on the planet.

Comment by Babybop – October 5, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael Urie is so great. I loved that he shared his time talking about others :) good guy.

Comment by Nicole1000 – October 6, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • slezak and everyone, i know it’s the wrong page must be the same crowd interested in these things. there is a new fb page (not involved with it) calling to bring panda back on the x factor. apparently she made it to the judges house but not beyond. personally, i think they are idiots. a woman with a voice her size and personality…it’s so lame…http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Panda-Ross-Back/428572513874347- please like it so we can pressure the production. they want little walt disney stars, let’s show them that we want the real deal. again- i have no connection to panda or this fb page.

Comment by yoyo – October 6, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So agree with Michael about Tara in SOA, maybe it was Kurt’s way of showing she’s turning more into Gemma and less Tara

Comment by crtc – October 6, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved it.

Comment by Patti – October 6, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FYI – I can’t watch the video at work…………….. why can’t you have a transcript below it for those of us who want to READ the news!

Comment by Tammy – October 10, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, love, LOVE Michael Urie. I hope Partners turns around and improves in the ratings. It’s been too long since Ugly Betty and I need more Michael in my tv.

Comment by Ana – October 13, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post