Vampire Diaries First Look: Klaus and Damon Team Up, Rebekah Finds a Pal and More!

Oh, those Originals. Always stirring up trouble on The Vampire Diaries. We’ve got a sneak peek at Season 4’s third episode, and it appears that — shocker! — Rebekah needs comfort and Klaus (once again being played by Joseph Morgan) is actually working alongside Damon.

RELATED | Vampire Diaries Season 4: 12 To-Die-For Bits From the First Two Episodes

With a new vampire hunter in town, Damon and Klaus team up to question him. But — again, no surprise here — things do not go according to plan and the Salvatore brother is left on the floor swimming in a sea of broken glass.

Meanwhile, a lonely Rebekah seeks out a new friend (Grace Phipps’ April) and comes face-to-face with Matt, who she ran off the bridge. Something tell us this may not be a romantic moment.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

The Vampire Diaries returns Oct. 11 at 8/7c on The CW.

1. Marlena says:

I thought Klaus was in Tyler’s body….

• alice says:

i’m pretty sure he’ll be back in his own body by the end of the first episode.

• Sam says:

And then make empty threats to kill one of core if they don’t do what he says. The the core will make a plan to get rid of him, which will ultimately fail. Rinse, repeat.

2. Elle says:

Is that Katherine?!?!

3. luli says:

claire holt needs to become a regular!!

• Sam says:

The fact that they haven’t made her regular means one of two things: they are going to make her a show up at random character (like Elijah) whenever they feel the need to spice things up or they are going to kill her off.
      It’s TVD, so I’m banking on the latter.

• ciffer says:

yeah they’re clearly going to kill her off, which majorly sucks. she was my favorite thing/the only good thing about season 3. if they were planning on keeping her alive, they would have made her a regular…I mean she was in more episodes last season than most of the regulars anyways!

• Lisa says:

Well episode 6 may just be when she gets killed off. Now I am jumping ahead and to conclusions I don’t actually know but if Klaus has to take matters into his own hands when involving Elena it must have something to do with Rebekah or Caroline. Although in the synopsis it says Elena has been having terrifying hallucinations that lead her to make a dangerous mistake, but who knows.

• dude says:

Why isn’t she a regular? She’s the best part of the show.

• luli says:

I completely agree with you!! and now that phoebe tonkin is coming for an arc makes things better! h20 reunion :D im so excited for this season! :)

• Sasha says:

Ha!

I was thinking the Same thing…They need to get Cariba a guest spot!!

Then it would be complete!

• Lisa says:

No it doesn’t need to be an H2o reunion I’m surprised they broght on Claire and Phoebe as it is. If Cariba is on the show next I will be super pissed to H2o formers is enough. Lets not turn the Vampire Diaries into a darker version of H2o and instead of mermaids, vampires.

4. Lena says:

Haha Rebekah looks as tall as Matt in that picture!!

5. Josh says:

Ergh it’s so sad how boring this show has become…yes they have twists but all in all most of the twists amount to nothing and get solved in three episodes. Sometimes big things happen(Elena) but overall I just feel it’s a show that’s afraid to take chances. I loved the first two seasons but I have to part with this show.

6. Sean says:

Ya show was way better in first 3 episodes but now it’s getting boring they take 3 shows that one episode would give before getting boring thought maybe first episode but second was just as bad.after all this waiting they better spice it up fast or this will be last season.

• Lisa says:

Are you kidding me this season is amazing so far. Season 2 was ok and season 3 was great. Now season 4 will be fantastic you just have to wait until they unleash the new threat and storyline that’ll keep us on our toes!!!

7. caroline says:

Nah! Season 4 is gonna b a gr8 hit…i meen lyk elena is finalllyy a vampire..dats what we alll have being w8n 4!! And now she and stephan have ETERNITY together!

8. Lisa says:

I love that Damon and Klaus are working together. I would love if Klaus and Damon became great buddies. I love their scenes they’re so entertaining with Damon’s banter and Klaus’ accent and both of them have amazing one liners. I loved 3×05 with them!!!