Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Can the Mad Hatter Help Save Emma and Snow?

Get More: Previews, Video

Once Upon a Time fans missing Sebastian Stan’s Jefferson/Mad Hatter — and we know there are many of you — won’t have to wait long for the memorable scene-stealer to make his return. We’ve got a sneak peek at this Sunday’s episode, in which Henry leads “Gramps” aka Charming to seek out the manic milliner in his quest to get Emma and Snow back.

PHOTOS | Can the Once Upon a Time Folk Leave Storybrooke? Plus, Meet Lancelot!

While the Prince doesn’t know the Hatter from back “home,” David does have memories of reading stories about him. After putting two and two together — the hat that opened the portal belongs to him, after all — Charming tracks down Jefferson and appeals to something they have in common: Daughters they love and want back. Will it work, or is the Wonderland fella a lost cause?

Press PLAY to check out the previews and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Loading video...
Loading video...

Comments (36)

• I can’t view on my work computer meaning I cannot take in his HOTNESS!!!!!! Love him.

Comment by Skeff – October 4, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t feel bad. Didn’t work on my phone either.

Comment by Cj Fogt – October 4, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A scene with Josh Dallas AND Sebastian Stan?! I might die from the hotness! (Plus a tiny part of me will going “Fandral! Bucky! Squee!”)

Comment by Michelle – October 4, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You just have to add August and I’m all in :)
      (And a living Graham)

Comment by Olivia – October 4, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh yes, we must have August! :)

Comment by Michelle – October 4, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This!!

Comment by Mariana – October 4, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Rumple is hot!

Comment by Kelly – October 4, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Henry calling charming Gramps!!! And wow Jefferson looks beaten down, but once again I’m reminded that jefferson is a highlight to every episode he’s in, why can’t he be a regular.

Comment by Mike – October 4, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sure if the show could lock him down as a regular, they would. But Sebastian Stan’s got the Captain American sequel coming up and other movie work that keeps him busy.

Comment by C – October 4, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Omg! I didn’t realize it was the same actor who played Bucky. I don’t remember him being this hot in Captain America. Then again he was sharing scenes with Chris Evens so…

Jefferson has that tortured (sexy) soul thing going for him.

Comment by zaza – October 4, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I prefer Jefferson as a guest star. We have enough series regular

Comment by veronic – October 4, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too. It works better if you can bring characters in and out as the story needs rather than have them forced in.

Comment by xav – October 4, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Good point, i didn’t even know they added Hook as a regular, I just hope Jefferson still pops up occasionally.

Comment by Mike – October 4, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. It’s fine if he’s around for a few episodes every season, but I don’t need him as series regular.

Comment by Louise – October 4, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Gramps.” LOVE IT.

Comment by slizabeth – October 4, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHARMING, I love you.

I like Jeff too

Comment by veronic – October 4, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Henry calling him Gramps! :) So made me smile! This season is already rocking!

Comment by Hann – October 4, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like they’re really trying not to spoil anything about the fairytale backstory in this episode. Interesting.

Comment by Louise – October 4, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charming, buddy, I love you, but you can’t just declare yourself Sheriff because your daughter was one that’s not how it works…

Comment by mawhi – October 4, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Remember, he was the KING in fairy tale land, so he is here the new sheriff

Comment by veronic – October 4, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is it really that simple though? In our world it isn’t.
        That’s one of the things I’m most interested in this season. How will the characters deal with the way living in our world actually changed their lives for the better. Not all monarchs in the fairytale world were bad, but our world provided many characters who weren’t royalty with opportunities that never would have been available to them as subjects of a king or a queen. It would be interesting to see how everyone who was used to being in control, to being the one with the power to decide just because they were royalty deal with that too.
        That being said I don’t think it’s an issue NOW. They’re all still overwhelmed with what happened and need to settle into their new lives and they are turning to Charming because he was a good leader in the old world. But I would still like to have someone point out to one of the former kings and queens, and princes and princesses that they’re living in a democracy now in a scene in the future. *grins*

Comment by Louise – October 4, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Except that Storybrooke doesn’t really play by “our world” rules either. So Charming declaring himself the closest thing to a sheriff would seem to work just fine in the constraints of Once Upon a Time.

Comment by CA – October 4, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wasn’t he a prince rather than a king? His father the king is in Storybrooke, you know.

Comment by Suzie – October 4, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Charming’s father was King of his kingdom and, I assume, Snow and Charming took over HER father’s kingdom from Regina. I think that will be a big story from over there.

Comment by Misskateer – October 5, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To the majority of the townsfolk Charming is their leader and that is why he can declare himself sheriff because the people will follow him not because his daughter was.
      And yes he is not really Sheriff in our world … but then again how does Storybook connect to our world? Remember there was that whole thing in the first season about how outsiders/new people never came to Storybook so could the proper authorities enter Storybook and overrule Charming?

Comment by aimee – October 4, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why would Charming be their leader? His father the king is in SB and Mr. Gold owns the town, and Regina is a Queen and the mayor. There are going to be power struggles.

Comment by Suzie – October 4, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well in-case you haven’t noticed Gold and Regina are NOT popular, the majority of the good citizens of Storybook would follow neither one willingly like they would Charming. I said he is the peoples leader because he is the one they would follow.

Comment by aimee – October 5, 2012 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • OK, but Charming has no magic and Gold & Regina do. Charming will have to go against them with only the less powerful magic of the fairies/nuns. Then, if you factor in Maleficent rising from the ashes, it’s gonna get ugly.

Comment by Tess – October 5, 2012 07:33 AM PDT
  • What about those of us who would prefer it if Jefferson never came back?

Comment by Tom Charles – October 4, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You would be very much in the minority.

Comment by Joe – October 4, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE that there’s a crisis center.

Comment by Jessica – October 4, 2012 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am loving Henry and Henry/Charming family time. And love Charming talking about his daughter since we’ve also been lack in their stuff. I love any mention of Charming/Emma. Hope crisis center means more Archie.

Comment by Kelly – October 4, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh the best sneak peek is on youtube. All the town’s people come at charming and whoale asks him if the nuns can date now lol

Comment by Kelly – October 4, 2012 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you watch the sneak of Snow and Mulan fighting?

Comment by Stormy – October 5, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! I couldn’t make out what Whale was saying. I know he was asking if he could date someone, but I couldn’t hear who. Awesome Dr. Whale.

Comment by Kandice Sedlacek – October 5, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post